Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Ill spoiler the differences for people who don't care but nothing's spoiled that hasn't already happened on the show.
I guess I wouldnt necessarily say they made that many changes I just felt the whole arc translated poorly in general compared to the other arcs. From last season the relationship between Qorin and Jon snow was the most important thing about the character in the book but they didnt really get too deep into it. The whole thing with Jon and Ygrette wandering lost in the wild never happened and was kind of a pointless addition. Instead Qorin spent more time with Jon and was schooling him on what it means to be part of the Night's watch and told him if it came down to it hed need to do whatever it takes to get in good with the wildlings which then lead to the fight between them being a lot more emotional since Jon didnt wanna kill him but Qorin wanted him to do his duty. That whole angle was kind of missed on the show. The whole conflict of that storyline up to this point was Jon struggling with his duty to the watch vs being with Ygrette. The show did a good job showing the love angle but focused too much on it. There were interesting characters and conversations left out on the wildling and night's watch side in favor of more Jon and Ygrette. They made it seem like that whole arc was their love story when in reality it was more about Jon getting close to the wildlings, learning their ways, learning what they know about the white walkers, etc. I think that wouldve been more interesting on TV too rather than having Jon work his tongue magic on Ygrette for extended periods of time :manny:

Agreed, and it really sucks how they marginalized Mance's character.:why:

yea this is just one example. mance has like 2 scenes and they get an old fukk to play him who just does not look like mance at all(not the way he is described).

the show is always gonna appear better cause lets face it, who wouldnt rather watch some crazy shyt than read it? its natural. but if ur imagination is good and u give the books a chance, u can see how it blows the show away. the whole theon storyline gets added to give the actor some screentime and to introduce us to ramsay bolton but in the books theon dissapears for 2 books. so for the show they added all this torture shyt instead of adding more mance rayder scenes and more northerners to robbs group.

the book becomes a little more complex because of all the extra characters but it is a much more richer story. right now how many northerners do show watchers know? the starks, karstarks and the boltons are the only ones familiar to show watchers but theres so many more that play roles.

for example (ima put it in spoiler tags but none of it is spoilers since its stuff from before the last episode)

when catelyn goes south to treat with renly, she is accompanied by the manderlys and a few freys that are actually not bad guys. the manderlys sigil is a merman and u actually see one of them get killed in the red wedding(wearing a merman pin on his shirt). the freys that accompanied her were actually one of the first things that tipped her off that something wasnt right at the wedding, cause those were freys that decided not to show up because they didnt agree with the red wedding. so they either declined to show by choice or walder frey sent them away. 1 of those freys was robb's squire olivar frey.

theres also the mormonts, maege (jorah's mother and lord commander of the nights watch (rip)'s wife) and her daughter dacey, robbet glover(who is lord of torrhen square which yara greyjoy took over), some flints and norreys who are mountain clans from deep north below the wall, and of course the greatjon umber and his son the smalljohn. greatjon gets thrown in the dungeon after breaking mad necks in the red wedding and the smalljohn gets killed with dacey mormont trying to defend robb and acting as his kingsguard pretty much.

i understand that u cant make the show this complex because of budgets and the average show watchers attention span but this is just an example of how much more richer the story is in the books.

also, grey wind was supposed to take like 8 nikkas down before finally getting put down but because of budget issues i guess, they took that away from us :to:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I think the Theon stuff from this season is going to pay off and I'll leave it at that :manny:

With a show like this, you can't have a character off screen for multiple seasons and expect viewers to remember who the hell they are or care who they are. I think they're gonna run into issues with that down the line. Question for show watchers: any of you remember who Myrcella or Tommen are or what they look like? :patrice:

Filthy McNasty

><(((*>
Daps
NYk9mJW.png

Does this muthafukka's jersey say "Red Wed"?

:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the Theon stuff from this season is going to pay off and I'll leave it at that :manny:

With a show like this, you can't have a character off screen for multiple seasons and expect viewers to remember who the hell they are or care who they are. I think they're gonna run into issues with that down the line. Question for show watchers: any of you remember who Myrcella or Tommen are or what they look like? :patrice:

The only reason I remember who Tommen is, is because yesterday I was talking to one of my boys about Cersei damn near murking him (and herself) when Stannis was at the gates in "Blackwater".

But yeah, he ain't been around since then. :dead:

Fred.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
after thinking about it....fukk all yall #StarkSet fakkits :pacspit:

lame bytches negging me cause you repped a house full of fukken losers :rudy:

take your L, and shut the fukk up. You play this game you either win or you die. Yall shyt on Cersei, and big up Rob...but she was at least smart enough to understand this shyt.

House Lannister straight shyt on all you fools. Step up to the throne, you best not miss
1370130640439.cached.jpg

Dumb ass Rob decided p*ssy was more important than the throne, and died like the dumb ass he is. All you retards repping House Stark deserve to die too :pacspit:

Keep crying fakkits, we'll be here at King's Landing drinking the finest summer wines while yall hide like some refugee fakkits

:umad2:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9CvDPXYNI[/ame]

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You nikkas stop disrespecting my young goon in training arya. :birdman:

i told y'all once she catch that first body she gonna be like a female unsullied

Arya caught a body in season 1 when she was escaping Kings Landing. Stabbed some little fat boy that was trying to take her sword.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
after thinking about it....fukk all yall #StarkSet fakkits :pacspit:

lame bytches negging me cause you repped a house full of fukken losers :rudy:

take your L, and shut the fukk up. You play this game you either win or you die. Yall shyt on Cersei, and big up Rob...but she was at least smart enough to understand this shyt.

House Lannister straight shyt on all you fools. Step up to the throne, you better not miss :ufdup:

Dumb ass Rob decided p*ssy was more important than the throne, and died like the dumb ass he is. All you retards repping House Stark deserve to die too :pacspit:

Keep crying fakkits, we'll be here at King's Landing drinking the finest summer wines while yall hide like some refugee fakkits

:umad2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9CvDPXYNI

:wow:can't we mourn the young wolf breh:to:

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
i don't get why people are proppin arya to be like some ezio auditore who's gonna avenge her family..the person who's most likely going to redeem the starks is jon snow and bran..bran finna mind control walkers and dragons :russ:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

I thought the theon stuff was a solid addition overall...u def cant keep a char off screen multiple seasons then just bring him back. I only take issue with people talking reckless and calling out GRM for the torture scenes when that shyt wasnt even in the book in the first place :smh: