Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Not to open a can of worms but from what I've been told about how it was handled in the book, I like the way the show had Dany's dragons stolen better :ld:

I didn't even know this but it proves my point even more...some stuff works in books but not in television/film...The Theon stuff is probably great in the book because you can get into his internal thoughts...On TV it was just redundant.

I'm Chillin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I wonder how tywin is gonna start acting now that Robb is out of the picture, you know how old people get when they retire, they have big plans but really they sit around bored with life watching the price is right

spoiled

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how tywin is gonna start acting now that Robb is out of the picture, you know how old people get when they retire, they have big plans but really they sit around bored with life watching the price is right

he still has stannis and the whitch to deal with, he is gonna plan for them now

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
stfu idiot

i have seen the reviews and most people agree book 4 and 5 are garbage.

Weaker than the first 3 yes but garbage, nowhere near it. Anyway that's prolly enough book talk for this thread. But I'll leave off with sayin that whenever people talk about weak parts of the show they point to the storyline that's been changed the most (Night's Watch) and to scenes that weren't even in the book in the first place. The writers haven't showed they can handle the storyline on their own by any means but they do a good job of adapting GRM's :manny:

spoiled

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weaker than the first 3 yes but garbage, nowhere near it. Anyway that's prolly enough book talk for this thread. But I'll leave off with sayin that whenever people talk about weak parts of the show they point to the storyline that's been changed the most (Night's Watch) and to scenes that weren't even in the book in the first place. The writers haven't showed they can handle the storyline on their own by any means but they do a good job of adapting GRM's :manny:

it's just book readers complaining about changes from books. most viewers complain about theon's storyline, bran's storyline, white walkers having huge army in end of 2nd season and no mention of them at all all season

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
it's just book readers complaining about changes from books. most viewers complain about theon's storyline, bran's storyline, white walkers having huge army in end of 2nd season and no mention of them at all all season

U just made point without even realizing....Bran's story in the book is the weakest by far there too and Theon's scenes from this season aren't in the books at all. As for the white walkers that goes under changing the Night Watch storyline but I don't wanna get too deep into it

Daps
Reppin
London
Robb offered Frey another deal which he "accepted"; what followed was a violation of trust and conduct that knows no bounds. I dont care if he was told to be weary of Frey, Robb and his people didn't deserve to be slaughtered by the hundreds. There will be a reckoning!

:patrice: What I'm really trying to say is "fukk Robb Stark" :pachaha:. He should've followed his father's wishes and thrown his support behind Stannis da Gawd :blessed:.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
U just made point without even realizing....Bran's story in the book is the weakest by far there too and Theon's scenes from this season aren't in the books at all. As for the white walkers that goes under changing the Night Watch storyline but I don't wanna get too deep into it

The initial point is all the stuff added is their attempt to make it an effective TV show...you can't just copy the book verbatim and put it in a script. Some stuff works better being read as prose. The problems come when the writers wanna spread their wings but they are limited to the paths they can take because of the source material. I'm sure even GRRM looks back on some of the books and says, "I wish I had added this or left out that in hindsight." The TV show writers have that hindsight.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: What I'm really trying to say is "fukk Robb Stark" :pachaha:. He should've followed his father's wishes and thrown his support behind Stannis da Gawd :blessed:.

Stannis who? That old fool was shooting blanks while fertile Ned was making babies to carry on his name. :youngsabo:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Now that I really think about it. I'm thinking the Stannis and Robb co-op would have chafed because of Melisandre... God I hate that bytch...