Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What people need to understand is, regardless of how tactically smart or pragmatic it is, killing unarmed guests at a wedding is a no-no in that world. Especially if you invited them into your house and broke bread with them.

And before someone says :heh: "being honorable is what got Ned killed, you need to be ruthless to win"....there is still certain rules you gotta play by, and the Lannisters and Freys broke them this ep. As much attention to detail as this show has I doubt it'll go unnoticed by other characters.

The Lannisters are like Alonzo from "Training Day". People feign respect because they're powerful but really they don't fukk with them like that. The second some shyt goes wrong they're gonna have problems from all sides.

Fred.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
I just remembered Littlefinger is in love with Catelyn Stark. When he finds out the Lannisters killed her he's gonna go behind-the-scenes ham.

Fred.

I don't know, Littlefinger doesn't seem like the cat that would leave such an obvious weakness exposed. Sure he said it, but he may have really just moved on. Anyway, I'm sure the Lannisters are on the hit list anyway since it appears to me that he's aiming for the top.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

still partying

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
[Something Cool];4423750 said:
I don't know, Littlefinger doesn't seem like the cat that would leave such an obvious weakness exposed. Sure he said it, but he may have really just moved on. Anyway, I'm sure the Lannisters are on the hit list anyway since it appears to me that he's aiming for the top.

No matter how clever he is he's just a man. And you don't move on from loving a girl your whole life, never having a chance to be with her, and she gets killed by people you don't even fukk with off GP, anyway. He had Ros murked for working with Varys, there is no way in hell he's gonna let this slide.

Fred.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
got-game-of-thrones-30222731-1024-768.jpg

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
What people need to understand is, regardless of how tactically smart or pragmatic it is, killing unarmed guests at a wedding is a no-no in that world. Especially if you invited them into your house and broke bread with them.

And before someone says :heh: "being honorable is what got Ned killed, you need to be ruthless to win"....there is still certain rules you gotta play by, and the Lannisters and Freys broke them this ep. As much attention to detail as this show has I doubt it'll go unnoticed by other characters.

The Lannisters are like Alonzo from "Training Day". People feign respect because they're powerful but really they don't fukk with them like that. The second some shyt goes wrong they're gonna have problems from all sides.

Fred.

:myman::cheers:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robb was losing support and as long as Walder and Bolton served as his bannermen they where enemies of the Lannisters. He knows what Tywin did to house Reyne, he's not trying to see his entire bloodline go out like that :manny:.

Then all he had to do was stay out of the beef and not allow him to use the bridge.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

We're watching the transition from Plato to Machiavelli through the Stark/Lannister power struggle. But you are right that the Lannisters overstepped with the wedding thing. What very few fictional realpolitikers understand is that it pays off to at least appear honorable. Just because Tywin Lannister has no regard for outmoded traditions or codes of conduct doesn't mean every ignorant peasant in Westeros doesn't.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
And you think that gave Walder the right to betray him this way? :what:

Oathbreakers pay the price. Robb should have listened to his father Ned at the beginning of the series...You break that oath....dead...

Another written rule is that you don't harm those who are guests in your house. The Freys violated the hell out that rule. The Lannisters said to kill them but damn not like that! We were not involved....well...not really. :steviej:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Oathbreakers pay the price. Robb should have listened to his father Ned at the beginning of the series...You break that oath....dead...

Another written rule is that you don't harm those who are guests in your house. The Freys violated the hell out that rule. The Lannisters said to kill them but damn not like that! We were not involved....well...not really. :steviej:

Yep, Tywin is brutal and ruthless but a clean rep is very important to him. The way Freys did Stark he wouldn't have done that under his own roof. There is a reason why the people praised Tywin over King Aerys during his first time as Hand.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
No matter how clever he is he's just a man. And you don't move on from loving a girl your whole life, never having a chance to be with her, and she gets killed by people you don't even fukk with off GP, anyway. He had Ros murked for working with Varys, there is no way in hell he's gonna let this slide.

Fred.

Remember in season 1 he passed up a threeway and it was implied that he was still 'waiting' on Cat (he was already scheming to get rid of Ned at this point).

Dude passed up a threeway for that woman, the love/infatuation is real.

Daps
Reppin
London
Then all he had to do was stay out of the beef and not allow him to use the bridge.

The moment he had arranged for one of his daughters to be married to Robb he had chosen a side. Historically Mercer Frey likes to stay out of this kind of thing but when the chance to have on of his daughters become Queen of The North arose he had to take it. Robb :ufdup: because he was informed many times that Frey is not somebody to be fukked with yet he still thought he was good to negotiate a far less attractive deal and be done with it.