...our penis back on :lolbron:
8cmuZnq.gif

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're contradicting yourself.

GRRM is constantly subverting cliches, tropes, and other ideas found in Joseph Campbell's 'The Hero's Journey.' He does so at will. To say he is unpredictable would be pretty accurate. If Tywin Lannister was to die right now there would have been a million things you could point to to say "that nikka had it coming" but it doesn't mean GRRM will ever kill him off.

My point is spoilers are horrible regardless of how small they are. ESPECIALLY on a show/book series like this where anyone can be had at anytime and pretty much every character is dispensable.

Obvious assumptions don't exist in this series. That's what pisses me off so much. When people excuse their spoilers by saying "it was obvious since that thing was mentioned for 1 second in Episode 2 of Season 2."

It's not the hindsight we give a fukk about...it's the foresight of a few of the book readers and the bytch ass nikkas with no patience who choose to Google spoilers (there will be even more of these because of the 10 month break).

yes he might be intentionally subverting cliches, but i still think there is a logic to who get's killed off and who doesn't. in my opinion, the underlying rule is what cersai said in the first season: "if you play the game of thrones, you win or you die". essentially it means that there is no place for mercy and no place for mistakes. as soon as you see someone making mistakes and not correcting them, they will get got. while i wasn't prepared for how the red wedding went down, i was pretty sure that house stark would end up the way it did. first because of the examples of house targaryan and house castamere which were more or less wiped out. second because ned stark getting beheaded showed us that there was no place for the honorable way in which the starks liked to handle their business. and third because ned, robb and catelyn committed mistake after mistake and didn't learn from them.

this is why i think the lannisters will catch their l's rather sooner than later. lord tywin is a master at playing the game BUT he can't see that tyrion is the most gifted among his offspring and that the others are pretty much useless. joffrey is a lunatic and doesn't understand power at all. he is in fact the greatest danger to house lannister because he is a megalomaniac who doesn't understand that he is easily manipulated and alienates all those around him. if there is nobody to stop him, his ruthlessnes will trigger a revolt and he will end up like the mad king. jaime lannister is spoiled and an underachiever. i think he is starting to develop into a more decent human being at the moment, but i think his interest in power is limited. and he still hasn't become his own man. cersai has repeatedly been outmaneuvered and it has become clear that she is not as smart as she thinks she is. tyrion is smart but not respected. all of these are weaknesses that their enemies can identify and exploit.

if robb would have been smart he would have realized that he didn't need to find alies in order to strenthen his army. he needed to find a way to take out lord tywin. had he done that, house lannister would have collapsed because joffrey, tyrion and cersai would have been at each others throats. then house stark would have been the strongest player in the game again. but just because the starks didn't see this opportunity doesn't mean that other won't either. especiall with people like littlefinger being all too familiar with the lannisters internal rivalries.

littlefinger on the other hand is a character i don't see getting killed anytime soon. he constantly has all his bases covered. i wouldn't even be surprised if he somehow ended up on the throne. after all, that is what he started the whole war for. i don't quite remember the quote, but he said something along the lines of anarchy being a ladder this season, and he is making perfect use of it.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I must say I'm not surprise that the Stark pups are getting slaughtered like the dogs they are.......I told you before that their house was weak ruled by an even weaker king

We do not Sow

you wish yo ass would've been get dealt with quick,cowards die a thousand death :demonic:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
i still can't :wow:

weird spot reppin the lannisters from day one...

we winning, but goddamn I cant get behind this shyt....

Cant fault Tywin for this scheme, but :wow:

:wow:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jorah is my man tho.. i haven't seen barranstan's sword game yet, but i was shocked how nice jorah is.. he's supposed to be 50 and he was swinging that sword around like nunchuks

problem is, homeboy never stepped up. you see this all the time from the "male best friend" he wanna get with her, but he too scared to speak up, cause he's afraid to lose her or make the situation change. or he just holds her too up on some :blessed: "i can't imagine even being with someone like her"

in comes this regular ass nikka... but he got all the game and no fear.. the woman all shocked and shyt he even like this, cause the rest of the dudes are timid.. and she falls right for it..

if this is anything like real life, then fabio will fukk this up, she'll end up chasing him around, and jorah still gonna be chasing her around on some :leostare: "you know i'd never do that to you if you was my girl" type shyt

Are you speaking from experience? :ld:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
i still can't :wow:

weird spot reppin the lannisters from day one...

we winning, but goddamn I cant get behind this shyt....

Cant fault Tywin for this scheme, but :wow:

:wow:
168u803.gif

I wish Tywin could see your post, call you into his quarters and summarily ether you in the manner in which he routinely ethers his offspring...Tywin from an early age was a student and a proponent of the philosophy best explained by another fictional trill OG, Lord Michael of House Ehrmantraut:

25711012.jpg

After years of watching his father getting taken advantage of by his bannerman and be the source of ridicule and jokery...a young teenaged Tywin took matters into his own hands and totally and completely erased House Reyne from existence when they dare openly rebel...to serve as an example to all, House Lannister was not to be crossed...when Rob's Rebellion was nearing a successful conclusion...it was Tywin that took the necessary final touches on it, by sacking Kings Landing and disposing of the Targaryens completely (or best they could, dany and her fukk boy big bro escaping notwithstanding)...knowing Robert knew it must be done (lest the realm be mired in civil war for years on end), but also knowing he didn't have the stomach for it...the Starks found themselves on the wrong end of similar circumstances...needing to be dealt with, decisively...and completely...there is no room for half measures...What did Big say? "the (unborn) kids, the dog, everybody dying...no lying :birdman:"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVoomK4EOs[/ame]

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Sons of Winterfell, let us gather this day to pay respects for our fallen leaders

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUHcWvG4R0]Game Of Thrones OST - Winterfell [Extended Version] - YouTube[/ame]

*gathers #StarkSet *
Winterfell_Godswood.jpg

Twas only 2 fortnights ago, that we lost two of our most beloved. Tonight we lay to rest King Rob Stark, King of the North, King of the Trident, Lord of Winterfell; and Catelyn Stark Lady of Winterfell and daughter of Lord Hoster Tully of House Tully. May the 7 Gods show mercy upon their souls. As tradition holds, we shall lay the ceremonial wreath of blue roses to signify the passing of a Northerner.

blue-rose-wedding-bouquet.jpg

*Funeral party proceeds to the Winterfell crypts*

May Rob take his rightful place alongside the rest of the valiant Kings of the North.

tumblr_ln2p7le95Z1qi46zeo1_500.gif

#StarkSet this is not a time to despair. We will make it. We were damned for trusting the Boltons and the Iron Islands. Flimsy alliances will not help us win this war. OTF it's just us nikka, cause I don't really just nikkas. We will regroup. We will be strong. And we will come back stronger than ever because.....

got-game-of-thrones-30222741-1024-768.jpg