Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
speaking of Hodor, was there some specific reason he was freaking out, or was it just a plot device for Bran to show off his 'power'? :comeon:
The thunder had him shook
i thought he always writes the climactic episode

He said when the show started there was no way in hell he was writing this ep. Said it fukked him up to even write it in the book.
What sort of reactions have you received from readers over the years about the scene?
Extreme. Both positive and negative. That was the hardest scene I’ve ever had to write. It’s two-thirds of the way through the book, but I skipped over it when I came to it. So the entire book was done and there was still that one chapter left. Then I wrote it. It was like murdering two of your children. I try to make the readers feel they’ve lived the events of the book. Just as you grieve if a friend is killed, you should grieve if a fictional character is killed. You should care. If somebody dies and you just go get more popcorn, it’s a superficial experience isn’t it?

Also, he confirmed he's writing ep 2 of next season:jawalrus:
He has written the scripts for the eighth episode of the first season, the ninth episode of the second season, seventh episode of the third season and the second episode of the fourth season

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
With that said, I need to say something to rep my #StarkGang brehs ... lemme get my stan on real quick :bryan:

We all acknowledge Robb was a fool for ignoring many advice, fukking up his relationship with the Freys by marrying who he wanted to before the war was over, beheading Karstark over ideals that no one else but he and his father held to. No one is denying that, young wolf did fukk up a lot.

HOWEVER, lets not pretend dude was some chump bytch this whole time. This is a kid who actually managed to capture JAMIE LANNISTER in battle, one of the greatest swordsmen and warriors in this story, and also someone who is much more skilled and experienced than he is. He also defeated Tywin's forces in battle, the same Tywin who the fukking song RAINS OF CASTAMERE is created for.

The reason why this shyt was so shocking within context is because in their culture, guests are supposed to be guaranteed safety. I am not wording this properly cuz it's late as fukk here but basically the Freys broke like a huge rule/code in Westeros tradition. Tywin orchestrated this shyt to get rid of Robb - y'all think all this scheming would be done for some nobody idiot? Robb was winning battles and especially BEFORE he fukked things up with the marriage/Karstark/etc, he was actually causing muhfukkas to worry and double take :leon:

Give Young Wolf his due brehs. King in The North.

tumblr_lnkxteEwmK1qg0t0mo1_500.jpg

still #wolfgang #starkset tho
and #targset too, #dragongang we outcheaa :ross:

absolutely right. tywin lannister, the motherfukking GOD of westeros, had to resort to scheming and backstabbing to get rid of the young wolf. sure the young wolf did alot of stupid shyt, but he was a young man. ned probably made a shyt load of mistakes in his youth too. robb ended up having to pay more fiercely for his stupidity tho, but still, he was a problem and tywin could only deal with him one way, thru evil shyt.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
absolutely right. tywin lannister, the motherfukking GOD of westeros, had to resort to scheming and backstabbing to get rid of the young wolf. sure the young wolf did alot of stupid shyt, but he was a young man. ned probably made a shyt load of mistakes in his youth too. robb ended up having to pay more fiercely for his stupidity tho, but still, he was a problem and tywin could only deal with him one way, thru evil shyt.
bruh...it's a game. it's a game of thrones & tywin is obviously the best at it.

robb wasn't built for it. he was a great soldier...not a great leader/decision-maker/player of the game

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I am going to have to disagree on this point, Tywinn fought to win the war, if i had the resources and i know what type of enemies i am dealing with, then i am sending killers in the night to kill, man if i was Robb i would kidnapped Cersi daughter or had all captive Stark supporters hung or flayed alive to send a message, there is no rules in war. Matter of fact i would made a pact with the wild-lings, gave them some training and weapons and put them to purpose, i would made promises of giving them land and once the war is over, i would hung them all.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

robb wasn't built for it. he was a great soldier...not a great leader/decision-maker/player of the game

I am going to have to disagree on this point, Tywinn fought to win the war, if i had the resources and i know what type of enemies i am dealing with, then i am sending killers in the night to kill, man if i was Robb i would kidnapped Cersi daughter or had all captive Stark supporters hung or flayed alive to send a message, there is no rules in war. Matter of fact i would made a pact with the wild-lings, gave them some training and weapons and put them to purpose, i would made promises of giving them land and once the war is over, i would hung them all.

ya right, but i guess im kinda wishing nikkas had some kind of honor like the starks, stannis and robert, jon arryn, the tullys and other old school, honorable families. i also forgot it wasnt tywin's first time doing some treacherous shyt. during the war of the usurper, he didnt declare for anybody until robert already had the war won. robert shoulda took that nikkas lands on the spot.

all is fair in love and war i guess :to:

spoiled

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

tywin got lucky as hell though, he couldn't defeat robb in a proper battle like a man so had to resort to backstabbing. sure he won now but in the eyes of history he will always be a backstabbing coward bytch :scusthov:

Daps
I never really got the Cat Stark hate. Its not like she aint BEEN warning this nikka Rob from the GETGO about how shyt goes down.

Cat: Walder Frey is a prickly man and not to be underestimated.

Robb: :manny:

Cat: You shouldn't marry that girl. You made a vow and took an oath to marry one of the frey girls. Walder frey will take this as a grevious insult.

Robb: :shaq:** Goes back to bangin talisa **

Cat: Lost A day in the rain. Lord Frey will take this as a slight.

Robb: :shaq2:

Edmure: :snoop:

And she went out like a G too. :salute: Cat "Gully" Tully.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
tywin got lucky as hell though, he couldn't defeat robb in a proper battle like a man so had to resort to backstabbing. sure he won now but in the eyes of history he will always be a backstabbing coward bytch :scusthov:
History honors winners, not losers with honor, plus be real, if they fought 1 on 1 Robb would still would be dead, luck played no part of his victory, he is a field general, who used his resources to win the battle, Stannis used magic to kill his brother, was that honorable? No but he did it to get his men, i think you looking it from the wrong angle, if you had Alexander the greats troops and battle skill, fight a fair 1 if not all bets are off.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
ya right, but i guess im kinda wishing nikkas had some kind of honor like the starks, stannis and robert, jon arryn, the tullys and other old school, honorable families. i also forgot it wasnt tywin's first time doing some treacherous shyt. during the war of the usurper, he didnt declare for anybody until robert already had the war won. robert shoulda took that nikkas lands on the spot.

all is fair in love and war i guess :to:

Tywin was a non-combatant until the last minute, Robert's rebellion was started on the injustice the Mad King and his son (implied) inflicted on him and several houses on some bullshyt.

It's not a good look for Robert's cause and totally unnecessary to attack a house he had no beef with.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never really got the Cat Stark hate. Its not like she aint BEEN warning this nikka Rob from the GETGO about how shyt goes down.

Cat: Walder Frey is a prickly man and not to be underestimated.

Robb: :manny:

Cat: You shouldn't marry that girl. You made a vow and took an oath to marry one of the frey girls. Walder frey will take this as a grevious insult.

Robb: :shaq:** Goes back to bangin talisa **

Cat: Lost A day in the rain. Lord Frey will take this as a slight.

Robb: :shaq2:

Edmure: :snoop:

And she went out like a G too. :salute: Cat "Gully" Tully.

she let Jaime go, none of this shyt would have happend if she didn't do that dumb shyt

as long as they had him she didn't have to worry about the safety of her daughters

robb only fukked by sending Theon, trusting him like a brother
and killing karstark, fukk frey and his ugly ass daughters

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that Robb is dead, I can say the program did a bit of a butchering of his character in season 3, in comparison to the book. Very simply, the program made him look like a bit of a moron. IIRC this whole thing about aligning himself with the Frey's to defeat the Lannisters is a program invention.

In reality, he was a very young man that was an exceptional commander on the field but not strong enough a strategist to overcome the many political and military problems he faced (the small size of his army, the backstabbing by the Greyjoys, family members held hostage, his inability to siege Kings Landing).

Basically it was a war that couldn't be won on the battlefield, he ended up trapped and was then fukked over by the Frey's just when it looked like he had accepted his faith and decided to return North.