Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
QUESTION: Regarding any creative works (not just Game of Thrones), Do you think its better to read the book AFTER you see the movie/TV adaptation to be surprised while watching...or to read the book BEFORE the adaptation so you'll be surprised while reading?

with this series... its honestly a toss up... cause theres alot of insight you get from the show that you never get from the books and even more so vice versa (obviously).
Example: (not a spoiler at all) The books are in a handful of characters POVs so you get alot of characters inner thoughts. In the books, all you see of Robb is through folklore of how bad ass he is and through his naggy mothers eyes (she is 100 times more paranoid and annoying in the books). So he is built up as a guy who was undefeated and only made 2 mistakes really, you really felt like he had a shot at taking shyt over so when the red wedding happened, it really crushed souls. This is the case for some other characters as well that I'm not gonna discuss cause im not sure if it would be a spoiler or not.
I think it was a conscious decision to dial Robb back a bit on the show by showing you that he really was alot less mythical than he seemed in the books... you got to see him be more human, have more doubts etc...
It's a different show if you read the books however... cause your seeing ALOT of the little things that the readers don't... this show is probably 3 times more brilliant than none book readers can even understand which says ALOT...

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
with this series... its honestly a toss up... cause theres alot of insight you get from the show that you never get from the books and even more so vice versa (obviously).
Example: (not a spoiler at all) The books are in a handful of characters POVs so you get alot of characters inner thoughts. In the books, all you see of Robb is through folklore of how bad ass he is and through his naggy mothers eyes (she is 100 times more paranoid and annoying in the books). So he is built up as a guy who was undefeated and only made 2 mistakes really, you really felt like he had a shot at taking shyt over so when the red wedding happened, it really crushed souls. This is the case for some other characters as well that I'm not gonna discuss cause im not sure if it would be a spoiler or not.
I think it was a conscious decision to dial Robb back a bit on the show by showing you that he really was alot less mythical than he seemed in the books... you got to see him be more human, have more doubts etc...
It's a different show if you read the books however... cause your seeing ALOT of the little things that the readers don't... this show is probably 3 times more brilliant than none book readers can even understand which says ALOT...
True

Robb's death wouldn't have been felt on television as much if he wasn't some what vulnerable.

Killakidkano

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
England
#TeamHordor in this bytch

tumblr_m2a5wp5Ny01qz5vceo1_500.png

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Still ain't recovered from last night had nightmares about that shyt, and I woke up today hoping what I saw wasn't real. These cats know how to fukk an audience up and pull at their heart strings. I don't even feel like myself today brehs. :to: No more rooting for anyone for me I'm done, R.R. scarred my soul.

emerald

Mother Earth
Daps
Reppin
charlotte, nc
Still ain't recovered from last night had nightmares about that shyt, and I woke up today hoping what I saw wasn't real. These cats know how to fukk an audience up and pull at their heart strings. I don't even feel like myself today brehs. :to: No more rooting for anyone for me I'm done, R.R. scarred my soul.

:damn::damn::damn:
pull yourself together man! it'll be alright. vengeance is mine said the north
tumblr_mf3pbcWuGU1qgvmmyo1_500.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
speaking of Hodor, was there some specific reason he was freaking out, or was it just a plot device for Bran to show off his 'power'? :comeon: