Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
While your reason for Bran being a robot is the right reason out of world, I think it can make sense in world too.

The old 3eyed raven has had years upon years to digest memories while Bran was just flooded with them when he wasn't really prepared. I could see it taking awhile before he could process all that shyt he downloaded.

Someone made a joke on twitter that Bran had to delete his personality off his hardrive to make room for these new memories :mjlol: and I think it fits.

Hopefully it's something that is resolved and I know it is this way otheriwise the Starks would be unbeatable. When you have a guy that can see and hear your military tactics as you plan them, also littlefingers machinations would be exposed and the show runners seem to favour him heavily.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is how stupid Thoros' death was. It like an 80s flick where the bad guys attack one at a time. WTF were they doing while Thoros was holding the bear off with his sword? Felt like that was done just to have a named character die off.

yeah, I don't think these dudes thought they would have to finish the story when they started the show

it feels like they're just going from one major plot point to the next
This. GoT premiered April 2011 and Dance of Dragons came out July 2011. Martin said he HOPES Winds of Winter will come out next year. So there's a real possibility the series ends without another book being released. Someone pointed out that Pac was still alive when the 1st book dropped which is crazy when you think about it.

While I can criticize their work I can't hold them to the same levels of expectation due to the fact that their plan was to do an adaption, not write fan fiction which is what they're forced to do now.

Supposedly George gave them bullet point type events but left it to them to connect the dots. The difference is they don't have the luxury of taking 6 plus years to figure out to do that like GRRM has done so far. And that's how we end up with the Hound looking like he's headed to KL even though he has no reason to do so. Seems like Cleagane Bowl might be a thing.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is how stupid Thoros' death was. It like an 80s flick where the bad guys attack one at a time. WTF were they doing while Thoros was holding the bear off with his sword? Felt like that was done just to have a named character die off.

This. GoT premiered April 2011 and Dance of Dragons came out July 2011. Martin said he HOPES Winds of Winter will come out next year. So there's a real possibility the series ends without another book being released. Someone pointed out that Pac was still alive when the 1st book dropped which is crazy when you think about it.

While I can criticize their work I can't hold them to the same levels of expectation due to the fact that their plan was to do an adaption, not write fan fiction which is what they're forced to do now.

Supposedly George gave them bullet point type events but left it to them to connect the dots. The difference is they don't have the luxury of taking 6 plus years to figure out to do that like GRRM has done so far. And that's how we end up with the Hound looking like he's headed to KL even though he has no reason to do so. Seems like Cleagane Bowl might be a thing.
I was certain Jon Snow would die after Thoros bit the dust. That was the purpose of his death, no more revives.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I was certain Jon Snow would die after Thoros bit the dust. That was the purpose of his death, no more revives.
I'm not following your point here, but my thought was that at some point in time Jon will die again and it will be Beric who revives him, and Beric will be dead forever.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Late pass:

I just figured out the scene with Arial and her old wolf was to show how much she has gone to the dark side of the face and is essentially no longer the same person so the wolf was acting up

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Late pass:

I just figured out the scene with Arial and her old wolf was to show how much she has gone to the dark side of the face and is essentially no longer the same person so the wolf was acting up

Are you talking about Arya? That scene could be interpreted in two ways.

1. The wolf is salty it was abandoned.

2. It is confused by who Arya is due to her able to change completely now that it is hindering the connection. After all she is no one and yet is Arya Stark at the same time.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
But Beric isn't a priest :jbhmm:
My theory actually draws from past book events that were cut/changed.

This technically isn't a spoiler, but read with caution....

Lady Stoneheart (Cat Stark) was cut from the show. But in the books, she was actually resurrected by Beric because Thoros refused because she was too decomposed. Beric died for the final time while resurrecting her. Perhaps in the books, it will be Lady Stoneheart that eventually resurrects Jon to save the world (which would make sense narratively). And maybe in the show she was just eliminated because she is the middle man.