Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think you are overstating your own ideas:

1. People are complaining about how Dany even found Jon and them beyond the wall even with the note from Gendry but your idea is for her to just fly up there on a whim with no info at all until she comes across Jon and them surrounded by Wights

2. Melisandre isn't at Dragonstone anymore so if she had a vision then she'd have to send a raven to inform Dany which takes use back to you issues with time management on the show

3. This one would have been fine but it still would have had people whining about how fast ravens and dragons fly

But none of those are necessary because it doesn't matter how fast the chess pieces get moved around the board as long as the product we get when they are all in place is entertaining and this has all been entertaining so far.

1. It wouldn't be on "no info at all". It would be based on the cave paintings, established this season as helping to convince her this is real, and her vision from the house of the undying, which she SAW HERSELF being at the wall, and the fact that the people she cares about are there.

2. Mel isnt there because they wrote her not to be there. She could have easily still been there with just an edit of their script. That's not an issue.

3. No it wouldn't. Bran sending a raven a week early would erase the "how did she get there so fast".

You can be entertained by the battle and still say the plotting was sloppy. it's not mutually exclusive. We used to get both spectacle and fine plotting.

Last edited:

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
I am seriously fukked up over the Night King killing that dragon...and then to add insult to injury by bringing him back as one of his undead minions...:mjcry:...that aint right, man:sadbron:...that just aint right.:to:
shyt is about to get crazy :wow:

Dany gonna lose her shyt when she find out her child is sided with the opps :mettaschemin:

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
wow, what an episode

I had to watch it, sunday i'm goin on a boat cruise, so i would have to wait til monday to watch it, and i wasnt havin that

as soon as that dragon died, i guessed he would be a walker, but the scene still had me like :gladbron:

so many one liners in this ep :mjgrin:

I need that wildling jacket that jon snow was wearing, shyt was dopeness, and it had the matching bag :banderas:

one more ep :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think GRRM is to blame. The show writers don't have any written material to base the show on.

How much did GRRM tell them?
yeah, I don't think these dudes thought they would have to finish the story when they started the show

it feels like they're just going from one major plot point to the next

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Was it implied during the scene that more than a single day has passed? That is what I'm still holding out happened.
Not that I caught, but there's been times before where scene cuts lead viewers to believe it's the next event in sequence when sometimes they skip ahead. I've also noticed on the show viewers often assume all scenes and storylines in an episode are occurring concurrently to each other. Obviously everyone is on the same general trajectory.

What I mean is when they show Cersei talkin to Jaime in early afternoon at Kings Landing, then cut to John talking in early afternoon at Winterfell right after eachother, that doesn't necessarily mean both of those conversions happened on the same day at the same time. Sorry if I worded that weird.

But given the television format, the vast distances of travel required and the fact they are up against the wall to wrap the series up, it's inevitable to skip the journey portions.

I'm not so sure they are saying fukk it and teleporting characters as much as they are leaving it up to you to assume the necessary amount of time between scenes has already taken place.

If the show moved at the pace it used to it'd take 20 seasons to get to the action I guess, which would be cool but not reasonable to an HBO exec.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not that I caught, but there's been times before where scene cuts lead viewers to believe it's the next event in sequence when sometimes they skip ahead. I've also noticed on the show viewers often assume all scenes and storylines in an episode are occurring concurrently to each other. Obviously everyone is on the same general trajectory.

What I mean is when they show Cersei talkin to Jaime in early afternoon at Kings Landing, then cut to John talking in early afternoon at Winterfell right after eachother, that doesn't necessarily mean both of those conversions happened on the same day at the same time. Sorry if I worded that weird.

But given the television format, the vast distances of travel required and the fact they are up against the wall to wrap the series up, it's inevitable to skip the journey portions.

I'm not so sure they are saying fukk it and teleporting characters as much as they are leaving it up to you to assume the necessary amount of time between scenes has already taken place.

If the show moved at the pace it used to it'd take 20 seasons to get to the action I guess, which would be cool but not reasonable to an HBO exec.
I hear you.

I figure I'm just going to have to "head cannon" the scene for myself and imagine that they were stuck out there for many days.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I hear you.

I figure I'm just going to have to "head cannon" the scene for myself and imagine that they were stuck out there for many days.
I know what you're saying, I also fear GRRM's original vision may be way cooler than what the show writers have done. IDK how much info he's given them on the next book.

But I have noticed they are kinda just saying fukk it, lets just do all the coolest shyt possible.

Like would John bend the knee in GRR's book? That whole scene where he called her Dany was corny as fukk.

There were a lot of OMG is he gonna die? moments with music swells and well timed 'save the days' from other characters where you know off rip no one will actually die that's important. I used to think anyone could die anytime now they keep doing so many near death come backs of main characters and the core keeps remaining that I'm not tense in those scenes anymore.

Also Benjiin showing up like that? It seemed like GRRM had a deeper storyline for him than to just save the day again randomly and die. Didn't he hint at being partially a wight before or something? I'm afraid the writers don't know where his storyline was going and just bailed on it lol.

Konnan

Daps
Reppin
I hear you.

It was at least one day passed because it went from dark to light and they find out Thoros passed away overnight

Plus enough time passes that the lake froze back over enough for an army of wights to continue to mob through it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
speaking of nitpicking, that ice shouldn't have been that thin in the first place
0oeTOWO.png

Konnan

Daps
Reppin
They pretty much risked their lives and lost a dragon to convince cersei to cease fire. I can't think any other reason why they would go on such a dumb ass mission
This is my only problem with the writing right now

They went from burning her whole army up to deciding to try to get her to join forces and fight the ice gang

Who gives a fukk about Cersi :dahell:

Why they even need her to understand white walkers are real :stopitslime:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so how will Cersei react to the news? assuming she believes all of it, what would she actually do?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall are still in here talking about the raven to Dany:pachaha:

It was shyt, but not because of the science of how fast things can fly. It was shyt because there was no need for it to hsppen like that when there were much better ways to accomplish that ending.

The Winterfell stuff is worse overall, though. Not quite Dorne-level bad, but still bad.

I know people wanna defend it because its their favorite show, but the reality is that it can still be your favorite show even if there are bad parts. Its still my favorite show ever and I expect next season to be a similar mix of untouchable spectacle and ho-hum writing and I will be geeking out about it as hard as ever.

Because quite frankly, all these other 'hot' shows like Mr. Robot and Westworld have a mostly shyt cast of characters and should be open to just as much criticism.....its just that nobody really cares like they do with GOT:yeshrug:.

Some of yall act like there is an objective scorecard that determines the best show:mjlol:. No, whatever you feel is the best is the best. Your reasons are whatever you want them to be.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is my only problem with the writing right now

They went from burning her whole army up to deciding to try to get her to join forces and fight the ice gang

Who gives a fukk about Cersi :dahell:

Why they even need her to understand white walkers are real :stopitslime:

Honestly, given how high the stakes are with night king, that's reason enough for Dany to fly into Kings Landing and burn the red keep and cersei because once cersei is dead then they can deal with the small folk with people like Davos and Jon speaking on Danys behalf.

But no, show Cersei a wight, I'm sure that will make her put the common good above her and her family. Cersei is always about the common good. Gtfo. Tyrion of all people should know.