Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
When? Because that doesn't follow your logic that requires being spoonfed information. We don't know that the baby is Jon just like we dont know that Rhaegar married Lyanna. It hasn't been EXPLICITLY stated. Like I said though, that's only if we follow the logic you're using to discredit the points im trying to make.
U moving goal posts. Its been confirmed by the writters and on the show that Jon is rhaegar and lyannas son. Not common sense or putting pieces together but confirmed. No where in the books or show does it confirm that dragon fire kills WWs....u just think because its called dragon glass that it was forges from dragons and thus dragon fire can kill them.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
There are so many different ways they could have done it.

1. Have Dany in that cave with the white walker paintings, and while looking at them she remembers her vision from the house of the undying from season 2 that had her at the wall. And between her vision and her love for Jorah and growing fodness of Jon, she decides to head to the wall on her own to see this shyt for herself.

2. Have Melisandre see a vision in the flame and tell Dany that she saw something horrible, or have Dany see it in the flames for herself.

3. Have Bran have an early premonition of what is going to happen beyond the wall, so he sends a raven from winterfell to dragonstone (shaving a few hundred miles of travel for the raven), before they even get to eastwatch, which Dany receives...

I really could go on and on. They picked the laziest, dumbest plotting possible to force that scene to happen.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I haven't watched the episode yet to see exactly how it was done. But a raven reaching Dragonstone and Dany flying up there in a day, if thats exactly how it happened, is the single biggest fukk you to the geography that George created in the entire series. It seriously breaks the continuity of the world.

For those saying "it doesn't matter! Dragons!" I wonder how the fukk you became a fan of this show in the first place. The first 3 seasons barely had any battles at all, and the geography was damn near a villain in the series that the characters had to overcome.

The entire reason the red wedding happened is one of geography and in-world consistency. Robb made a marriage pact so he could cross a fukking river. That's how important geography was as a plot point for this series. It did matter. If D&D didn't have the books to pull from, they just would have had the entire army magically show up on the other side of the river, with no explanation given, and fukk boys would have said "who cares!"

Maybe on other shows, who gives a fukk about how travel works, but when the single biggest event of your series is a plot tied directly to a problem created by distance and geography, you can't turn around and then claim distance and geography is irrelevant. I mean for fukks sake, the INTRO to the show is a MAP of the world. A map is the introduction to the series every week.

Saying "it doesn't matter" is just excusing shytty writing by a team of writers that just don't care about their world building anymore.

Not a bad point at all my friend...

Still...

DRAGONS:gladbron:

Daps
I haven't watched the episode yet to see exactly how it was done. But a raven reaching Dragonstone and Dany flying up there in a day, if thats exactly how it happened, is the single biggest fukk you to the geography that George created in the entire series. It seriously breaks the continuity of the world.

For those saying "it doesn't matter! Dragons!" I wonder how the fukk you became a fan of this show in the first place. The first 3 seasons barely had any battles at all, and the geography was damn near a villain in the series that the characters had to overcome.

The entire reason the red wedding happened is one of geography and in-world consistency. Robb made a marriage pact so he could cross a fukking river. That's how important geography was as a plot point for this series. It did matter. If D&D didn't have the books to pull from, they just would have had the entire army magically show up on the other side of the river, with no explanation given, and fukk boys would have said "who cares!"

Maybe on other shows, who gives a fukk about how travel works, but when the single biggest event of your series is a plot tied directly to a problem created by distance and geography, you can't turn around and then claim distance and geography is irrelevant. I mean for fukks sake, the INTRO to the show is a MAP of the world. A map is the introduction to the series every week.

Saying "it doesn't matter" is just excusing shytty writing by a team of writers that just don't care about their world building anymore.

No more GRRM + fans wanted the new season quick + less episodes = Rushed writing

That being said it was still an extremely entertaining episode.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

It doesn't matter and its not because of dragons.
It doesn't matter because there are only 2 seasons left in this show's life and in those 2 seasons only 12 or so episodes. That is the fact of the matter and the only fact that matters. There is no time for people to be sitting in wagons traveling the country side for multiple episodes.
So if you can't suck up your bizarre need to have realism in time spent traveling around a made up world full of magic that has a finite amount of episodes to wrap things up then maybe you should stop taking this shyt so fukking seriously.

That isn't what you are arguing though. Your are upset that people are zipping around Westeros too quickly. Even if travel was turbo-charged in the Red Wedding season it wouldn't have changed the need for Robb to make a deal with Frey in order to cross his territory and for the Red Wedding to still occur. Robb needing to secure passage had nothing to do with how fast he was traveling. That was a case of him needing Frey permission to pass through Frey territory.
Whose land has anyone traveled through in this season that would have required any type of comparable situation as to what Robb needed from Walder Frey?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
So Winterfell is 1500 miles from Kings landing I'm reading. Winterfell to the Wall is 630 miles (source google)

King's Landing is roughly the same distance from the Wall as Dragonstone. So that dragon traveled roughly 2130 miles. We must consider how long Gendry took to run back and how long it would take a raven to fly back. I was going to look up a ravens top speed but in the real world homing pigeons are faster but in the books GRR says ravens are faster in his universe.

Apparently homing pigeons can fly 1100 miles in a journey and can average 50mph speed. For sake of argument let's say the Ravens in Westeros are as fast as a real world homing pigeon and can fly the whole distance needed.

So let's say Gendry was what, half a days run back.If the Raven can go 50mph it would take it 43 hours to reach Daenarys. So with the run back and the Raven let's say it took roughly 55 hours for her to receive word.

Now we need to guess the top speed of the dragons. There's not a lot of evidence but some people guess 75mph, I think at his size it could be higher than that. I'm gonna round it to 100 to be nice. So if Drogon maintains an average speed of 100mph back it'll take 21 hours.

So a fairly non scientific method says really minimum it should've taken 76 hours from the ambush to the Dragons arrival, and I think I'm being kind with the estimate, it really hinges on the speed of in universe Ravens and Drogon. Also could Daenarys hold on to Drogon for 21 hours straight?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So we're just gonna ignore the fact that a sharp piece of ice killed a hot ass fire breathing dragon ? That shyt doesn't even make any sense
I assume the White Walkers and their weapons are basically magic. the dragons too for that matter. we've seen the WW's swords shatter normal weapons. if nothing else, it's gonna take superhuman strength to make that throw

that spear basically exploded when it hit. I don't know if that was the dragon's fire, or some other shyt

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It doesn't matter and its not because of dragons.
It doesn't matter because there are only 2 seasons left in this show's life and in those 2 seasons only 12 or so episodes. That is the fact of the matter and the only fact that matters. There is no time for people to be sitting in wagons traveling the country side for multiple episodes.
So if you can't suck up your bizarre need to have realism in time spent traveling around a made up world full of magic that has a finite amount of episodes to wrap things up then maybe you should stop taking this shyt so fukking seriously.

That isn't what you are arguing though. Your are upset that people are zipping around Westeros too quickly. Even if travel was turbo-charged in the Red Wedding season it wouldn't have changed the need for Robb to make a deal with Frey in order to cross his territory and for the Red Wedding to still occur. Robb needing to secure passage had nothing to do with how fast he was traveling. That was a case of him needing Frey permission to pass through Frey territory.
Whose land has anyone traveled through in this season that would have required any type of comparable situation as to what Robb needed from Walder Frey?

:camby: I'm arguing that they are ignoring the geography of the land period, removing the obstacles, whether it is a river or long distance. The map of this world matters and drives the plot. Or at least it used to.

And I already listed several ways they could have solved the problem, so that "they only have 12 episodes left" explanation is bullshyt. They have magic characters sitting around doing jack shyt that they could have integrated into the plot to make this plausible.

Stop excusing shytty writing for your dragons.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I assume the White Walkers and their weapons are basically magic. the dragons too for that matter. we've seen the WW's swords shatter normal weapons. if nothing else, it's gonna take superhuman strength to make that throw

that spear basically exploded when it hit. I don't know if that was the dragon's fire, or some other shyt
I was thinking it hit him in the fuel pouch or whatever lol. The Dragons gotta have some fuel gland or something right? Maybe the fire is just magic idk.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:camby: I'm arguing that they are ignoring the geography of the land period, removing the obstacles, whether it is a river or long distance.

And I already listed several ways they could have solved the problem, so that "they only have 12 episodes left" explanation is bullshyt. They have magic characters sitting around doing jack shyt that they could have integrated into the plot to make this plausible.

Stop excusing shytty writing for your dragons.
I think you are overstating your own ideas:

There are so many different ways they could have done it.

1. Have Dany in that cave with the white walker paintings, and while looking at them she remembers her vision from the house of the undying from season 2 that had her at the wall. And between her vision and her love for Jorah and growing fodness of Jon, she decides to head to the wall on her own to see this shyt for herself.

2. Have Melisandre see a vision in the flame and tell Dany that she saw something horrible, or have Dany see it in the flames for herself.

3. Have Bran have an early premonition of what is going to happen beyond the wall, so he sends a raven from winterfell to dragonstone (shaving a few hundred miles of travel for the raven), before they even get to eastwatch, which Dany receives...

I really could go on and on. They picked the laziest, dumbest plotting possible to force that scene to happen.

1. People are complaining about how Dany even found Jon and them beyond the wall even with the note from Gendry but your idea is for her to just fly up there on a whim with no info at all until she comes across Jon and them surrounded by Wights

2. Melisandre isn't at Dragonstone anymore so if she had a vision then she'd have to send a raven to inform Dany which takes use back to you issues with time management on the show

3. This one would have been fine but it still would have had people whining about how fast ravens and dragons fly

But none of those are necessary because it doesn't matter how fast the chess pieces get moved around the board as long as the product we get when they are all in place is entertaining and this has all been entertaining so far.