Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:coffee:They tryna wrap up the shyt in 13 episodes. I don't give af if they are throwing rationale out the window as long as we keep getting epic episodes like Death Is The Enemy. I'm good.
this is exactly why you need to stop throwing out the word nitpicking. you enjoy the fukkery and spectacle. great...plenty of people enjoyed the detail and nuance of the show, it once had both and no longer does. that's not nitpicking, it's a big glaring difference.

and no, no one is going to stop watching the show b/c while it's not as good or enjoyable as it used to be to me, i still want to know what the end will be just like everyone else.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
this is exactly why you need to stop throwing out the word nitpicking. you enjoy the fukkery and spectacle. great...plenty of people enjoyed the detail and nuance of the show, it once had both and no longer does. that's not nitpicking, it's a big glaring difference.

and no, no one is going to stop watching the show b/c while it's not as good or enjoyable as it used to be to me, i still want to know what the end will be just like everyone else.
IT'S A FAN-TA-SY.

Stop nitpicking.

Daps
You can point out plot holes in every fantasy.

Exhibit A - Lord of The Rings: Why didn't they just take the giant bird there in the first place?
Christ nikka, we ain't talking about Lord of the Rings or other fantasy shows.

We're talking about current GoT vs previous seasons of GoT when they were following the books' lead

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Christ nikka, we ain't talking about Lord of the Rings or other fantasy shows.

We're talking about current GoT vs previous seasons of GoT when they were following the books' lead
And there are NO books to follow now. Just GRRM telling them specific plot points. Jesus Christ are you THAT slow? fukking nitpickers.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Ya'll stop quoting me already.
tumblr_mropwgVbNw1sb82quo1_500.gif

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall nikkas complaining about nitpicking are the reason why shyt slides and becomes trash

There's a difference between nitpicking and noticing a glaring drop off in quality

Ultimately I'm seeing the discussion is worthless because nikkas been waiting so long to see dragons and walkers fight that they really don't care. It's all :mjgrin::gladbron:now and I get it.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Yall nikkas complaining about nitpicking are the reason why shyt slides and becomes trash

There's a difference between nitpicking and noticing a glaring drop off in quality
The only show that didn't fall off in quality towards the end is Breaking Bad. Congratulations.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Your point?
Stop nitpicking. Fall off in writing quality in the last season(s) is expected when they tryna wrap shyt up on a certain time frame and budget.

Happened on The Wire, Lost, The Sopranos and other great shows.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop nitpicking. Fall off in writing quality in the last season(s) is expected when they tryna wrap shyt up on a budget.

Happened on The Wire. Lost. The Sopranos and other GOAT shows.
I haven't even commented on the episode bruh.

Relax

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As much as I loved this episode, on second watch I gotta agree with all the criticisms it's getting. Biggest one for me is why the hell did Jon not get on the dragon? What was his plan? To go after the night king? By himself?

Why did the night King not try to kill drogon since everyone was on him and it was an easier target?

Also the whole Arya and Sansa shyt feels forced.

I get that they speeding things up and I don't even beef much with the fast travel because I get it, but some of the characters actions don't feel very natural.

I believe that was strongly implied when Jorah theorized that if you kill the NK you wipe out the entire army.

Jon has had a death wish for a while now. Ever since he was brought back. Dude is suffering from probably the worst case of PTSD and Survivors Remorse in all of human history. He POINTEDLY commanded Mellisandre to not bring him back if he was to die st the battle for Winterfell. He had a hard on to go meet with Dany knowing full well that she could have had him executed as a traitor to the realm. He straight up told Dany he gave no fukks about her claim to the throne and basically told her that hell would freeze over before he bent the knee. He ignored Davos's pleas to not go on the Suicide Squad mission to capture a wight, and became HIGHLY angry when Dany told him he didn't have "permission" to go.

Lastly he looked BACK at all the wights, hundreds of thousands of them, told Dany and his companions to go without him, and went charging towards them on some last action hero shyt. THEN he emerged from the lake and went charging right into battle before Benjen saved him.

Every single time Jon "bosses up" it's because he wants to go into a situation that has a high probability of ending in a violent death.

Jon WANTS to die. He's not exactly suicidal but he definitely wants to go out the way his father and brother never got the chance to. Fighting the enemy. He wants the fair one with the NK.

I don't know if his attitude is going to change now that he's "in love" with Dany...