Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yo!!!!! Wtf man. How did Dany know that Jon survived the ice fall? How did she know to wait 5 extra minutes at the wall? No man could have survived what she SAW happened to jon.....true love yeah:mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They fast tracking shyt cause of the limited budget. They had to spend most of the budget on these battles and the dragons so the story took a back seat to the action this year. You can't have everything breh. If they wasted time on traveling then they would need more episodes and that would mean less money towards the epic fight scenes. It is what it is. I'm glad they kicking shyt into high gear though.

I agree with your sentiment but the last two episodes the writing has been very iffy when it didn't need to.

Regarding this episode. There was no need to have the group trapped in a little island surrounded by thousands of wights waiting the cold just to have a fukked up timing issue with their rescue. There were other ways to make Gendry's run and Danny's rescue less Hollywood. The stacks were already against the group, making them unbelievable was not needed.

To me, the impressive thing about the episode was feeling dread for 50+ minutes even though I could recognize the flaws in the writing.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i disagree, like @JACK! said, some of yall are entertained by the spectacle of GOT and you're fine with shortcuts to get to the end. i'm not, spectacle isn't what made this show good to me, it was the story, characters, dialogue, and richness of the universe that GRRM built (and that was showcased in early seasons) PAIRED with fukkery, battles, CGI, etc. you don't do something right for 85% of the way then turn around and just shortcut the other 15%.

edit: and the 7-8 yrs GOT been on is nothing, soap operas run 5 days a week and most of them have been going 25-40 years strong :dead:
You just compare GoT to a soap? :picard:

Name a soap opera with a budget like this

Name a soap that's got legit film actors regularly committed for years like this

yal turning this into the dragonball super thread

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Yo!!!!! Wtf man. How did Dany know that Jon survived the ice fall? How did she know to wait 5 extra minutes at the wall? No man could have survived what she SAW happened to jon.....true love yeah:mjlol:
she was sad about her dragon, she didnt wanna leave. drogon or rhagal or whoever was up there screeching for its lost brother

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
and this is just bytching to bytch

leave it to the professionals guy :skip:

Daps
People complaining about logic being thrown out the window wifh a show that has dragons and Zombie kings. We obviously dont know what the NK knows. We still dont even know what brans real purpose is or how the faceless men work and why arya can all of a sudden rock faces but went blind before (and the fact "jaqen" had HER face on).

These holes arent new to GOT

Seems people just mad that things are speeding up and theres leas talk/scheming. I rather the show speed up then have the hound and arya take 3 seasons to get from kings landing to the fukking vale.

Btw hbo def leaked this themselvws. The episode that was leaked still set record views, they want us talking about this all week. Smart move home box office. Smart move

Nah, can't hide behind the fact that it's a "fantasy" show, logic wasn't thrown out the window the first 5 seasons. The holes in GOT were nearly non-existent while they were following the books.

You say they aren't new, what are some examples of comparable holes during the those seasons?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Then at that moment jon shows up on the horse. My goodness. The convinience of it all is hard to ignore, especially on a 2nd watch.
:francis:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Yea I been debating NK not killing Drogon instead with my coworkers all day. It seems really dumb for the NK, but maybe he just liked that Dragon better or wants to fight Jon one-on-one so he let him live another day. How many times has NK just stood there looking at Jon. NK is preparing himself for the real battle to come. He gonna fight the fair one with Jon eventually probably while they both riding their respective Dragons. Isn't the 3rd Dragon named after Jon's real father too. :ohhh:
I don't think these writers are that intricate. I just think they killed Viserion because he's named after her brother the one who called her Dany. Jon says Dany then leads into him saying my queen. You know "coincidence".:francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't think these writers are that intricate. I just think they killed Viserion because he's named after her brother the one who called her Dany. Jon says Dany then leads into him saying my queen. You know "coincidence".:francis:
Or the dragon in the air is more dangerous than the dragon on the ground. :francis:

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry...I've defended the fast traveling all season because I thought it didn't impact the story, but this bullsh*t in the last episode really took me out of the fantasy world and ruined it for me. This wasn't a situation where you could just assume days or weeks went by...these dudes were on the brink of frostbite surrounded by enemies...there is no f*cking way everything that happened could have occurred as fast as it did, and no amount of "suspending disbelief" could save it. Have them trapped in an abandoned castle or something and explain that the wights couldn't get in for some crazy reason (make some sh*t up like Beric's Lord of Light cast a protection spell or something for a limited amount of time). I love this show as much as anyone, but that was just too much.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You just compare GoT to a soap? :picard:

Name a soap opera with a budget like this

Name a soap that's got legit film actors regularly committed for years like this

yal turning this into the dragonball super thread
no, i'm not. i'm just providing a counter example of how people are perfectly fine sticking out a story for much longer than 7-8 years.

and as i've said multiple times now, i'm not asking for this to be a 10-12 season show, but a full 8 or possibly a 9 would be fine. HBO is still seeing ROI from their investment, thus their desire to do a spinoff, so budget isn't the issue. this is ending quickly solely because D&D want to move on...their shortcuts are hurting the quality of the show.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
no, i'm not. i'm just providing a counter example of how people are perfectly fine sticking out a story for much longer than 7-8 years.

and as i've said multiple times now, i'm not asking for this to be a 10-12 season show, but a full 8 or possibly a 9 would be fine. HBO is still seeing ROI from their investment, thus their desire to do a spinoff, so budget isn't the issue. this is ending quickly solely because D&D want to move on...their shortcuts are hurting the quality of the show.
those are budgets, actors, storylines, and even timeslots built for a whole different crowd :dahell: