Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They fast tracking shyt cause of the limited budget. They had to spend most of the budget on these battles and the dragons so the story took a back seat to the action this year. You can't have everything breh. If they wasted time on traveling then they would need more episodes and that would mean less money towards the epic fight scenes. It is what it is. I'm glad they kicking shyt into high gear though.
You can have everything, give the show 9 seasons :gucci:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
You can have everything, give the show 9 seasons :gucci:
Naw. Save all that extra shyt for the last book. I ain't tryna wait another 3-4 years to find out who sits on the iron throne. We already been waiting 20+ years for book readers and almost 10 years for GoT viewers. Wrap this shyt up already. We ain't getting any younger.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
shyt was getting hectic so i had to watch the episode :lupe:

i've never really complained about the time of shyt but this shyt was scandalous. how long were Jon and them out on that rock? brehs sent that express raven to dragonstone (a day). danerys reads it and puts on a new outfit (another day) and flies all the way up beyond the wall and finds them out there (how long would this take?). brehs didn't even bring any snacks :gucci:

they're lucky the walkers were posted up like the NOI and shyt
8tcjqlnxv3gz.jpg

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to neglect dialouge for an action scene, writers barely have to do anything for action scenes

Watching 40 minutes of shytty talking for a 15-20 minute action payoff is the same type of bullshyt we get in most movies nowadays. How the hell is something still piff when over half of the episode is weak sauce?

the drop off is dramatic when you compare it to the show that still fed off of book dialogue, these nikkas convos been sounding ridiculous all season. Yall nikkas were just tryna call this a top 5 show of all time, when something is top 5 the shyt is undeniable.

All these nikkas are parodies of themselves at this point. Jon walking away from a Dragon with his entire team on it so he can do what? Fight 7 or 8 wights walking up to him 1 by 1 :dead: and they lost a whole dragon for it? The Hound causing the shyt in the first place cuz all of a sudden he got a noodle arm? :dead: nikka please, That "ridic" battle was lazy as fukk, how fast did Gendry get back to Eastwatch and that raven to Dragonstone? :mjlol: nobody knows. Battle of the b*stards had more suspense than 8 principle characters surrouned by the army of the dead and the Night's King....thats hustling backwards.

Like other breh said they been killing that SAME White Walker for ages now :mjlol: the only reason they do stuff like that is cuz they know casual viewers like yourself just let it slide because yall sold on the brand already, that shyt ruins good tv/film which is why we still see trash like pirates of the carribean 8 and transformers 14 getting pushed in theaters
its all good fam. Lets just enjoy the ride. The writers did the best they could. Its hard to plan for 7 years. They did the best they could i guess. Its still a top 5 for me but these last 2 seasons are not the peak in terms of overall quality due to poor planning and the fact that that fat dude not hurrying finishing the books for nobody.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
As much as I loved this episode, on second watch I gotta agree with all the criticisms it's getting. Biggest one for me is why the hell did Jon not get on the dragon? What was his plan? To go after the night king? By himself?

Why did the night King not try to kill drogon since everyone was on him and it was an easier target?

Also the whole Arya and Sansa shyt feels forced.

I get that they speeding things up and I don't even beef much with the fast travel because I get it, but some of the characters actions don't feel very natural.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yea arya is going WAY overboard right now. like a cliche movie villian. this shyt isn't her at all. she's obviously got some shyt up her sleeve. I said it in the main thread. I think she's letting littlefinger believe he's in control, but she's gonna catch him when the time is right. she's got too much training to be this careless. she knows what she's doing.
Yep, She wasn't quiet at all when opening the door to LF's room, it seemed like the echo could be heard all throughout the castle :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Naw. Save all that extra shyt for the last book. I ain't tryna wait another 3-4 years to find out who sits on the iron throne. We already been waiting 20+ years for book readers and almost 10 years for GoT viewers. Wrap this shyt up already. We ain't getting any younger.
i disagree, like @JACK! said, some of yall are entertained by the spectacle of GOT and you're fine with shortcuts to get to the end. i'm not, spectacle isn't what made this show good to me, it was the story, characters, dialogue, and richness of the universe that GRRM built (and that was showcased in early seasons) PAIRED with fukkery, battles, CGI, etc. you don't do something right for 85% of the way then turn around and just shortcut the other 15%.

edit: and the 7-8 yrs GOT been on is nothing, soap operas run 5 days a week and most of them have been going 25-40 years strong :dead:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
As much as I loved this episode, on second watch I gotta agree with all the criticisms it's getting. Biggest one for me is why the hell did Jon not get on the dragon? What was his plan? To go after the night king? By himself?

Why did the night King not try to kill drogon since everyone was on him and it was an easier target?

Also the whole Arya and Sansa shyt feels forced.

I get that they speeding things up and I don't even beef much with the fast travel because I get it, but some of the characters actions don't feel very natural.
I think Jon was tryna show off to Dany or at least protect her by going back to fight off those undead coming at them. Also, earlier in the episode Dany was saying heros make stupid decisions, so Jon was just reinforcing that fact by being captain save the day after the fact.

And the NK went for the flying dragon cause Drogon was on the ground setting everything on fire and just had to turn his head and NK would have been toasted. He probably didn't wanna get it's attention and end up like Jaimie racing towards a fire breathing dragon at point blank range.

i disagree, like @JACK! said, some of yall are entertained by the spectacle of GOT and you're fine with shortcuts to get to the end. i'm not, spectacle isn't what made this show good to me, it was the story, characters, dialogue, and richness of the universe that GRRM built (and that was showcased in early seasons) PAIRED with fukkery, battles, CGI, etc. you don't do something right for 85% of the way then turn around and just shortcut the other 15%.

Just read the books then if you want all that extra stuff.

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of which...we bent the fukking knee :snoop:

Between him doing that and the fukking doom approaching, targset, this the hardest thing for me to do, been beefing with y'all since I joined the coli GOT threads in season 4.
How I miss this post :smile:

Jon Targaryen: what would you rather be called...my queen

Targaryen is the army better yet the navy
kidnap ya baby spit at ya lady :salute:

:handshake:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I think Jon was tryna show off to Dany or at least protect her by going back to fight off those undead coming at them. Also, earlier in the episode Dany was saying heros make stupid decisions, so Jon was just reinforcing that fact by being captain save the day after the fact.

And the NK went for the flying dragon cause Drogon was on the ground setting everything on fire and just had to turn his head and NK would have been toasted. He probably didn't wanna get it's attention and end up like Jaimie racing towards a breathing dragon at point blank range.

Just read the books then if you want all that extra stuff.

Idk man, with that arm strength that he displayed he could have hit drogon in the ribs before drogon even looked in that direction. That wasn't gimp ass Jamie throwing with his retarded hand.

As for Jon, I would get that if he stayed there, but he walked away from them to keep fighting. Maybe it was to defend Dany so I give the benefit of the doubt, but it just felt off.

Still, criticisms aside, I fukking loved it. Watched it twice and still can't wait for Sunday.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
How I miss this post :smile:

Jon Targaryen: what would you rather be called...my queen

Targaryen is the army better yet the navy
kidnap ya baby spit at ya lady :salute:

:handshake:

Jon bent the knee as a wedding proposal tho :shaq:

That was a line straight out of a players handbook.

"what's your name shorty? Oh that's pretty but I rather call u my queen:takedat:"

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Idk man, with that arm strength that he displayed he could have hit drogon in the ribs before drogon even looked in that direction. That wasn't gimp ass Jamie throwing with his retarded hand.

As for Jon, I would get that if he stayed there, but he walked away from them to keep fighting. Maybe it was to defend Dany so I give the benefit of the doubt, but it just felt off.

Still, criticisms aside, I fukking loved it. Watched it twice and still can't wait for Sunday.
Yea I been debating NK not killing Drogon instead with my coworkers all day. It seems really dumb for the NK, but maybe he just liked that Dragon better or wants to fight Jon one-on-one so he let him live another day. How many times has NK just stood there looking at Jon. NK is preparing himself for the real battle to come. He gonna fight the fair one with Jon eventually probably while they both riding their respective Dragons. Isn't the 3rd Dragon named after Jon's real father too. :ohhh:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Predictions:
- The Wall is coming down next episode.
- Meeting between Jon, Dany, Cersei, and Jamie (and Brienne)

I have no idea how Cersei is gonna react, but I suspect Jamie will be more level headed. Cersei is probably setting a trap for them. And I agree with people saying that it's time for Littlefinger to go. It's too late in the game for his shyt.

Ain't none of this "prediction" lol

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Let's talk about the Night King's pocket presence for a second though. A zero step drop in the face of immense pressure. He delivered a strike with accuracy and velocity that would make Aaron Rodgers blush. Play was called back due to his O-Line being ineligibly downfield, but prime Deion Sanders was injured making the play, so the end result was worth the 5 yards. Especially considering the injury will make prime Deion get released by his current team and NK can swoop in and get him on the low.