Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I had the same thought myself. I had put this in the other thread, but couldn't get a discussion going. So this was before Sundays episode.
Arya got a valyrian steel knife she's an assassin...she's also a fan fave. Shes definitely taking out a WW, she'll probably die in the process, but she's a fighter and will be there for the war.
My head just exploded thinking of the true numbers of the night kings forces. He's been collecting soldiers for thousands of years. Reanimating all manner of wild life out there.

Which means the numbers we hear or see on the show have to only be a portion of his real force, right? No way he hasn't hit a milli since the long night. Unless benjen and others like him in the past have put in some real work... But if they haven't, how can the living really win?

:jbhmm:
there were 13 WW when the NK took crasters baby. We don't know how many kids he's turned into WW, but you can assume not many. Anyway, the army of the dead doesn't really matter, kill their lieutenant, they stop. Kill the NK, the entire army of the dead and WW's are gone. Plus wights are easy to stop with fire. Biggest challenge is getting to the WW's, not fighting the massive army.

For y'all discussing sansa/Arya. I totally picked up that sansa was onto LF when he started dropping them hints about Brienne, I feel like she sent her away both cause she couldn't leave winterfell but also to clear out any temptations or devices LF could use to plant doubt in Arya. Sansa, maybe with the help of bran, will reign this back in.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I gave up on the show a while ago :manny: and you mean fan service i think.....Dany's entire arc since like season 2 or 3 was nothing but fan service W's, that element of the story aint new

but that aint even my main gripe (it's still funny that the show turned(?) into a zombie apocalypse flick :mjlol: shameful)

My main issue is how terrible the dialogue got :scust: my girl isn't the most attentive watcher but even she was wondering why damn near all the convos were this weird mix of awkward and too contemporary in setting up jokes. That and seemingly intelligent characters/institutions being stupid as fukk (Citadel :snoop: nikkas had a cure for greyscale and gave a paper thin reason for why Sam was able to do it)

These nikkas had "dikk" jokes in the last 2 episodes :mjlol: it's basically just dope action scenes saving episodes at this point

Show went to shyt once GRRM dropped off the outline and let them nikkas finish it themselves

Naw, I mean fan fiction. Basically, the writing is currently about on the level it would be if actual fans were to sit down and write the show. "Oh, I know what we should do!!!!! Ice dragon :krs:!!!!"

Just no cleverness, no subtlety, etc.

GRMM is a fukkboy. For real. I don't hate the show now. I still enjoy it; but, like 98% of the dope lines and monologues came from him, and there's a noticeable difference between him and D&D. He's just a clearly better writer than them. It's not to say they're terrible and dude spent several years working on some of these books. However, there's a huge gap in writing talent between the three that's pretty easy to discern, in my opinion.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
i think only when he was near the cave was dude about to put in work

and even then its always that abobo type white walker that gets that work

meera-spear.gif

S5-E8-Jon-kills-white-walker1.gif

They been killing this same White Walker for two seasons now :pachaha:

They could at least change up the hair and outfits to make them look different.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The fire CAN kill them. Let's not spread misinformation. This is established and it's common sense. And if they didn't fear the dragons they wouldn't have been two football fields away posted in the cut. At Hardhome they were in the actual fight. Not this time-- why do you think? The NK was waiting for the dragons to arrive, he obviously has vision of sorts similar to Bran.
Dragon Fire killing them hasn't been established. Just dragon glass and valyrian steel. And if you are so certain of this, please point me to the exact episode and time stamp where it's confirmed.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
bruh ...

jon literally gives 0 fuxks, he crawled out that ice pool, picked up his sword and dared them to come get him again :heh:

did rhagal fly off after viserion got taken out and dany flew with drogon? i was shook 2 of them went down for a sec. was expecting rhagal to scoop Jon out the water but this also wraps up Uncle Benjen's storyline. will they ever explain how he got half turned into a walker and how he just roamed the north undetected by the night king?

i have a weird suspicion of who the night king is :jbhmm::patrice: but not sure how it makes sense

this episode felt damn near fan fiction at times but i ain't complaining, its piff ... the scene with the 7 in the middle swarmed by walkers was crazy

shoutouts to thoros for going out like a G

also ... where are they going with the arya/sansa storyline? you guys think arya is tryna lead sansa into wearing a mask (can she?) and one upping littlefinger?
This was explained in the episode where he rescued bran. Dude was on a mission, got attacked by wights but the children of the forest saved him before he could fully turn, breh was running around out there half dead

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That confused the fukk out of me. After seeing Brienne sent south I took it as a threat to Arya. Meaning LF was telling Sansa if she was planning to do something to Arya, Brienne would have to be out of the picture 1st.

I hate to say it and finally agree with other posters but this storytelling is getting really bad. I'm enjoying the scenes but not the story if that makes any sense.
these nikkas underestimated how much that show's success depended on the story GRRM already laid out, shyt got SUPER shaky on alot of the storylines once they passed the books and nikkas in here didn't wanna admit it for the longest....

How many more awkward "meetups" are we gonna see? they dropped the ball with Hound/Tormund/Jorah/Jon all being together.

Dany's heel turn has been transparent as hell from jump, is there even any suspense left for when someone actually tells Dany she needs to sit the fukk down?

Either arya is laying a trap for LF and her acting is just bad

or the actual actress is bad

or the writing just got bad, but she's been going on the lamest monologues ever :smhcraig:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these nikkas underestimated how much that show's success depended on the story GRRM already laid out, shyt got SUPER shaky on alot of the storylines once they passed the books and nikkas in here didn't wanna admit it for the longest....

How many more awkward "meetups" are we gonna see? they dropped the ball with Hound/Tormund/Jorah/Jon all being together.

Dany's heel turn has been transparent as hell from jump, is there even any suspense left for when someone actually tells Dany she needs to sit the fukk down?

Either arya is laying a trap for LF and her acting is just bad

or the actual actress is bad

or the writing just got bad, but she's been going on the lamest monologues ever :smhcraig:

I'm not one of those guys who picks apart the writing, obviously there are parts where I'm just smh but I've just accepted that the show is gonna be more spectacle at this point then some top level drama shyt that it used to be. We came all this way to get to the end game and the action is gonna be at the forefront and I'm ok with that. And the ridic battles and sequences are dope enough that I'll overlook the lazy and forced writing.

shyt fell off a bit but it's not like a dexter level fall off. Show is still piff.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the dialogue was the best part of the episode

the ending sequence was when the writing was shyttiest
Was it entertaining, yes, but it was terrible for GOT. Like someone else said, too contemporary, slightly juvenile and doesn't hold up to the writing/dialogue of previous seasons. Go watch season 1-3 then tell me how well that writing fits the series :childplease:

Last edited: