Game of Thrones S07E06 Leaking! Discuss here only.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just watched....

The way mans just stepped up through the fire and hurled that ice spear like a javelin was :wow:

on some achilles type ish

troyanimation.gif

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
You mean like he could've frozen the lake the first battle they were in, when his opponents ran into the water, and they stopped?

Ill ask the same question to you. Look at 38:20 on the episode, literally ALL of them have spears. Also, lets play along with your silly theory, if they could look into the future, why risk a majority of their army getting killed, or one of their higher ups dying to John; why not just nip it in the bud from the jump, and swarm them?

You still haven't answered why they sat there for a day watching Jon and crew freeze to death instead of throwing spears and killing them.

They lost a few soldiers but gained a DRAGON. Its called a loss leader. If you owned a business you would be familiar with the concept. And the NK had no incentive to chase Jon after Hardhome. Also, it's been proven that greenseers aren't all knowing. Can they look into the past?-- sure. However, the future is nothing but flashes and they're stuck piecing together what it might mean. Otherwise, don't you think Bran would have told Jon to tell Daenarys to be careful when he had the raven sent to Dragonstone? They have foresight-- but it's limited. It's not a stretch to imagine the NK had visions of the dragons and this battle and created weapons to help him procure one. The Lord of Light even showed the Hound an image of the mountain where the fight would happen... I mean come on.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
it seemed more like he 'parted' the fire as he walked through it. maybe that's something the NK consciously did, or maybe the 'aura of cold' is just so strong around him
I keep trying to explain to them that the fire wasn't direct dragon fire, it's cooled down and no more harmful than regular fire.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
so fire doesn't affect WW? or the NK specifically. In the clip you posted, he just walked near it and the fire was gone
Direct dragonfire. Regualr fire is only effective against the wights, not the WW and NK. Although we know V. Steel and Dragonglass can kill the WW.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
...and random question, how tall is this nikka Jon Snow?

That's back to back weeks he's caught strays about being a little nikka :laugh:.
I always assumed breh was an average sized dude.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I keep trying to explain to them that the fire wasn't direct dragon fire, it's cooled down and no more harmful than regular fire.
I think they are vulnerable to fire in general, but they're powerful enough to shield themselves from 'regular fire'. I agree a direct blast of dragon fire would probably be a different story

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
...and random question, how tall is this nikka Jon Snow?

That's back to back weeks he's caught strays about being a little nikka :laugh:.
I always assumed breh was an average sized dude.
She didn't mean 'small' in stature I dont think. She was referring to him being a b*stard and thus not born high enough