Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ancient Starks were a bunch of scoundrels rapist, and wife stealers just like the rest of them. Dishonorable many of them. Nobody in Westeros is “clean”. Nobody in Essos is “clean” either for that matter. Maybe some of the Summer Islanders that avoid conquest.

I take it you were raised near the Dreadfort :camby:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
If Targaryens we're supposed to be black Grrm would've made them black

Y'all don't find it funny that those books started 26 years ago and GRRM is just now throwing out this "they were supposed to be black " shyt?

Grrm is hopping on the coulda woulda shoulda pander to black folks wave just like everyone else
That could definitely be so but I can easily imagine a publishing agent asking him to change the Targaryens to a more acceptable hue.

Not saying it happened but if it did I wouldn't be surprised.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That could definitely be so but I can easily imagine a publishing agent asking him to change the Targaryens to a more acceptable hue.

Not saying it happened but if it did I wouldn't be surprised.
It does happen :mjpls:
Roald Dahl originally wanted the eponymous hero of his much-loved children’s book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to be black, his widow has said.

In an interview with BBC Radio 4’s Today programme for Roald Dahl day on Wednesday, Liccy Dahl said: “His first Charlie that he wrote about was a little black boy.”
Asked why it was changed, she replied: “I don’t know. It’s a great pity.”

Her husband’s biographer Donald Sturrock, who was also being interviewed, said the change to a white character was driven by Dahl’s agent, who thought a black Charlie would not appeal to readers.

“I can tell you that it was his agent who thought it was a bad idea, when the book was first published, to have a black hero,” said Sturrock. “She said people would ask: ‘Why?’”

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Nicca, the throne about to be in chaos within the next yr or 2. You think Brandon the Broken, the great military leader and commander is gonna defend the people of Westeros? That gay nicca (yes, he sent Meera away, he's gay) gon be zooted out of his mind while the whole country burns around him, warging into birds like a lil sicko watching his sister have sex.
war is inevitable, but you niccas aint :umad:. your whole set fate rested on the shoulders of an emotional dragon thot and now you not here.

Jon is a stark so i dont want to hear you datblasted EXTINCT mfs trying to claim him. hold that eternal L. bran will be finr

Daps
I didn't know the people treated the houses like sports teams in here :picard:
all I know is the Targs should be black by canon based on what George said and they have the dragons and they can't get burned
I'm going with them:banderas:

You never chose a set back in the day? :dwillhuh:

I mean, welcome to #targset but one of the things folks made you do when you entered the thread was choose who you riding with. :ehh:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
You never chose a set back in the day? :dwillhuh:

I mean, welcome to #targset but one of the things folks made you do when you entered the thread was choose who you riding with. :ehh:
i only liked the targ set in the GOT series with the exception of Robert stark
oh wow i didn't know that

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Y'all don't find it funny that those books started 26 years ago and GRRM is just now throwing out this "they were supposed to be black " shyt?

Grrm is hopping on the coulda woulda shoulda pander to black folks wave just like everyone else

I don't care either way but to me it just sounds like GRRM was too shook do it. Which was what I was getting at when I quoted you. Like JK Rowling posthumously outing Dumbledore. They didn't want to alienate that :mjpls: crowd or fukk up their money while they were writing.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

And the fact that he carved out “black places” with naath, summer islands and sothoryos…like he really mentioned black people in these places but somehow got cold feet in making Valyrians black? Nah, black folks are a sideshow to his European and Middle Eastern world of Westeros

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the fact that he carved out “black places” with naath, summer islands and sothoryos…like he really mentioned black people in these places but somehow got cold feet in making Valyrians black? Nah, black folks are a sideshow to his European and Middle Eastern world of Westeros

At bare minimum, he should have added an Egyptian/Nubian equivalent or a Mali equivalent somewhere in ASOIAF

And Ghis don't count since they're more Persian with some Carthaginian aspects thrown in

He couldn't really use the different time period excuse either since he's mixing and mashing already. He was cacing and didn't care :manny: