Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Daps
No friends from school killed in this first episode :blessed:

MV5-BMGVl-ZGYy-N2-Ut-Mj-Zj-OC00-YWYw-LTkw-Mzgt-Zm-Nm-ZWM3-N2-M0-Nz-Rm-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mjk3-NTU.jpg

That's really a homie of yours? :dead:

Daps
Nah.

I can acknowledge the budget increased in the original show but they never poured it into the costumes.

It went into dragons and moronic battle strategies.

What are the colors of House Stark?

House Bolton?

House Tully?

House Arryn?

Why did nobody ever wear anything that told you who they were affiliated with?
Sansa didn't even get a grey and white coronation gown.

If I watched the original show, I'd assume House Starks colors were mud and brown.

The only houses that somehow got their colors across were Lannisters and Tyrells. Everyone else was just bleh.

The Nights Watch wore their colors :birdman:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I thought he made it clear that he was sending her in to start working on being his replacement wife, or your standard influential mistress.

Yeah, it was nice seeing small things like that that help you build up what the characters are, and start to see them from multiple angles.

Corlys really didn't have a ton of lines in this episode, but they've already established that he's all business, possibly to a fault. And in that one scene, you see that while Rhaenyra has been overlooked and shut out of being an heir, she has also clearly been living a bit of a charmed existence while being shielded from the harsher parts of courtly life.

I also liked that they just got Viserys passing down the prophecy as quick as they did. It immediately gives you an insight into how he could be as disconnected from the clear issues his court has, and would be so obsessed with succession, instead of holding that for some late or second season reveal that is supposed to make you retroactively justify his actions.

Yeah, brehs in here still mad about a show that ended three years ago. Time to let that shirt go so people can discuss THIS show in peace.

Corlys being set up as the Stannis of the era. No nonsense, telling ya'll of a real threat, but the king just wants to fukk around and throw Super Bowl parties.
Otto already scheming.

But Matt Smith was swaging out the frame. I can't wait for certain events to go down in this show.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Corlys being set up as the Stannis of the era. No nonsense, telling ya'll of a real threat, but the king just wants to fukk around and throw Super Bowl parties.
Otto already scheming.

But Matt Smith was swaging out the frame. I can't wait for certain events to go down in this show.

Yeah, Matt Smith was out there putting up half court threes like it was nothing. Oddly enough, all those extended grandstanding monologues he used to have to do on Doctor Who set him up perfectly for this role, because he's definitely hitting a lot of the same shyt as The Doctor, but in a more reined in fashion.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I'm just telling you what the books and author say. They had no power or influence in the court until the war started, and by the end they have moved up the rankings of houses. At the start of this show, they aren't the richest house. That would be the Velaryons.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing. The end result of the war is that the Lannisters make a come up lol.
You said that the Velaryons/Hightowers and Baratheons are more powerful than the Lannisters.

I said no thats not possible as the things that make the Lannisters great are their position, their mines and their city.

Might the houses you named be much more politically involved and relevant right now? Sure.

Does that make them more powerful, as being able to bring more force to bear? No.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Also Daemon is killing it, most compelling character in this first episode, excited to see more

These fukkers got me again :damn:
Personally rooting for him, his right the king is weak. What nikka keeps getting cut by his own throne :scust: …p*ssy ass bytch fukk of that throne let the real king sit on that shyt.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Matt Smith was out there putting up half court threes like it was nothing. Oddly enough, all those extended grandstanding monologues he used to have to do on Doctor Who set him up perfectly for this role, because he's definitely hitting a lot of the same shyt as The Doctor, but in a more reined in fashion.

I love the liberal use of high valyrian in this as well. It's not a dead language yet.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You said that the Velaryons/Hightowers and Baratheons are more powerful than the Lannisters.

I said no thats not possible as the things that make the Lannisters great are their position, their mines and their city.

Might the houses you named be much more politically involved and relevant right now? Sure.

Does that make them more powerful, as being able to bring more force to bear? No.

Eh, money isn't as powerful as dragons breh. Targs and Velaryons both have dragon riders in their lineage. The Baratheons are cousins to the Targs. The Lannisters are basically Sweden and Norway right now. Rich nations with no nukes. While the ones you named are riding the nukes or at least keeping the nukes in their backyard.

They aren't the SUPER powerful house that they ended up being because they do not have dragons. All the ships and men don't matter against dragons, especially at this point.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the liberal use of high valyrian in this as well. It's not a dead language yet.

Same. I like that it's not dead, but they also make it clear that it still wasn't common back then. It was a nice touch that Daemon used it to tell Rhaenyra to look out for Viserys. Let's you know he likely wants all talk when he was telling him he would have his back for real as his Hand.