Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
A civil war wouldn't jump off if they just made Daemon king because Viserys is shooting duds for 10+ years and producing no kids
That's something the council would have stepped in and handled imo

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
In the books, they're all always wearing their family colors.
Starks/Lannisters/Baratheons/etc.

I get Daenerys in Meereen not rocking her colors like that.
But seasons 7+8 should've been all Nwo wolfpack colors as again, it's propaganda for her campaign.

It's literally a point of pride.

The north you're describing is a b*stardized north that doesn't sync with canon.

I don't understand why I'm getting flack for saying the two dudes who flubbed the ending of the biggest show in the world because they were checked out, also didn't bother with certain aspects of a world they mined for shock value.

Dany forgot about the iron fleet is what they said.

Baelish did nonsensical ish n then got his throat cut.

Varys teleported around a whole season.

And you think they cared about getting the minute details right? Lmao

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that they didn't pay attention to details. I was refuting the examples you gave because they were bad examples.
GRRM saying he wants to EMPHAZISE heraldry that is in line with where the world was at the time. Not just attention to detail.
There's also visual ques for new viewers that need to be established. All these new houses that are introduced need imagery, older ones we know need refresher imagery.

After a while, you no longer need those visual queues. In the case of Jon, Arya, Bran, and Rikon. They were literally one the run or in the Night's Watch. They "couldn't" rock colors. But we knew they were Starks. In the books, that was more necessary because people weren't know by face like that. You had to DISPLAY that you were a Baratheon or Hightower the moment you walked in. A silver haired lady on the back of a dragon, 200 years after dragons all died, could basically ONLY BE a Targaryen. Not saying I totally agree, but I get why its not that big on their totem pole.

Also, by the time the last seasons came about, the WHOLE POINT was that these colors and flags don't mean shyt to the White Walkers.
Both you and I disagree with the execution of the final seasons, but that doesn't mean certain decisions were pulled out of thin air.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
A civil war wouldn't jump off if they just made Daemon king because Viserys is shooting duds for 10+ years and producing no kids

Breh, France and England fought a war for 100+ years between distant cousins over the question of lineage.

No, the council would NOT stop a war if it broke out.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I asked this before but I forgot the answer.
How can this Civil War last for years and they
make a bunch of seasons out of this?
It's confusing me because all of the players are at
Kings Landing and Dragonstone correct?
It seems like this could've been settled over a weekend.
Book Readers without spoilers tell me how.

Breh GRRM basically created a world like Tolkien did with Lord of the Rings. There’s so much dope shyt :blessed: They can make multiple shows too from other events :blessed: I won’t spoil you about this time period but trust, they have enough source material.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Problem wasn't Viserys popping blanks, Aemma either couldn't carry a child to term, or they were stillborn. She said she couldn't go through another pregnancy right before she got punched out.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Breh GRRM basically created a world like Tolkien did with Lord of the Rings. There’s so much dope shyt :blessed: They can make multiple shows too from other events :blessed: I won’t spoil you about this time period but trust, they have enough source material.

The Middle East and Yi Ti can be a whole ass series on their own. As well as having someone explore down south.