Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Sorry but this is wrong breh.

At any given point in time, the Lannisters are probably a top three house in the realm, and I'm not saying the bottom two.

Armies/wealth who's challenging them except the Tyrells?

That's what made the Tywin dikkriding so annoying. His house always had the deck stacked in their favor.
Yeah the lannisters are always stacked in terms of gold. Fun fact though: due to his seven voyages across the world, Corlys Velaryon and the velaryon house is richer than the lannisters at that time.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I definitely agree and I'm a book reader ASOIAF encyclopedia..

The production levels alone dwarfs Got.

They're doing sigils and actual house colors whereas in GoT everyone just wore whatever.

Head and shoulders, the care and respect for the source material is >>> GOT.

This ish is gonna make GOT look like Xmen whereas this is Avengers Endgame level care.

Not only is the budget significantly higher, based on the lore, this is a time of nearly 100 years of peace. Things like fashion, politics, entertainment etc all flourish in peace time. I love how not only is that highlighted here, I love how certain things aren't as grand yet. The Iron Throne looks more insane, but the council room, the city, the keeps all look smaller and less ornate. A visual message letting us know that this is the proto-form of some of the places we know already.

I think the Dance of Dragons story is interesting enough to last for 5-6 seasons...but I really want a prequel on the years leading up to Robert's Rebellion

Eh, one season is enough. I think they've learned from trying to drag things out. While I'd love a Robert's Rebellion spin off, I would actually prefer that to be animated. Just to get it right with all the actors and action it would be significantly cheaper as well.

I want more content about Essos and the Free Cities. But that's SUPER far fetched.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
No friends from school killed in this first episode :blessed:

MV5-BMGVl-ZGYy-N2-Ut-Mj-Zj-OC00-YWYw-LTkw-Mzgt-Zm-Nm-ZWM3-N2-M0-Nz-Rm-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mjk3-NTU.jpg

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Not only is the budget significantly higher, based on the lore, this is a time of nearly 100 years of peace. Things like fashion, politics, entertainment etc all flourish in peace time. I love how not only is that highlighted here, I love how certain things aren't as grand yet. The Iron Throne looks more insane, but the council room, the city, the keeps all look smaller and less ornate. A visual message letting us know that this is the proto-form of some of the places we know already.

Eh, one season is enough. I think they've learned from trying to drag things out. While I'd love a Robert's Rebellion spin off, I would actually prefer that to be animated. Just to get it right with all the actors and action it would be significantly cheaper as well.

I want more content about Essos and the Free Cities. But that's SUPER far fetched.

I don't agree at all. It was just less effort and care wholesale.

Nobody wore anything like their house colors in the original show, aside from the Lannisters.

Like lets be honest. Did Daenerys ever really rock out in red and black or was it all dark and muted colors?

The house colors is literally propaganda/nationalism yet in the original show they didn't bother with any of it. It's not because of the time frame but the budget and the lack of respect for the world that the showrunners gave.

They were there for the shocks, not the substance.

Sansa in her coronation didn't even have her house colors represented. No grey and white for the Starks of Winterfell.

They were lazy and now we're looking at effort. And it's a glaring difference

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I definitely agree and I'm a book reader ASOIAF encyclopedia

Y’all are doing a lot. The budget for GOT increased infinitely from season 1 to 8, so did detail to production and lore (until season 8 fukked it off) and it’s the reason why this is coming out the gate with the budget it has. This ain’t gonna diminish GOT in any way shape or form, the political intrigue alone in the first 3 seasons with all the different families in the mix >>> one family cannibalizing themselves
Nah.

I can acknowledge the budget increased in the original show but they never poured it into the costumes.

It went into dragons and moronic battle strategies.

What are the colors of House Stark?

House Bolton?

House Tully?

House Arryn?

Why did nobody ever wear anything that told you who they were affiliated with?
Sansa didn't even get a grey and white coronation gown.

If I watched the original show, I'd assume House Starks colors were mud and brown.

The only houses that somehow got their colors across were Lannisters and Tyrells. Everyone else was just bleh.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There were two things the original series consistently did a consistently terrible job of conveying: the passage of time, and establishing the state of the world. As I gathered it, we're supposed to get the idea that Westeros is in a period of decline, and things are actually pretty shytty, as compared to the previous Targaryen age.

I think at least in this one episode, they did a great job of conveying that this is essentially a golden age for the land, which I think should make all of this falling apart when Viserys eventually kicks the bucket via one of the multiple options they're planting seeds for more tragic.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I don't agree at all. It was just less effort and care wholesale.

Nobody wore anything like their house colors in the original show, aside from the Lannisters.

Like lets be honest. Did Daenerys ever really rock out in red and black or was it all dark and muted colors?

The house colors is literally propaganda/nationalism yet in the original show they didn't bother with any of it. It's not because of the time frame but the budget and the lack of respect for the world that the showrunners gave.

They were there for the shocks, not the substance.

Sansa in her coronation didn't even have her house colors represented. No grey and white for the Starks of Winterfell.

They were lazy and now we're looking at effort. And it's a glaring difference

The bolded would make no narrative sense whatsoever.

Dany was FAR removed from her Targaryen heritage for majority of her life. She was hidden in Pentos in adolescence where she COULDNT rock colors. Then beyond that she was far more inline with the Dothraki and the Mereenese ways of life. It would be goofy as hell for her to be wearing ornate red/black robes in the middle of the desert. Not even in the books did she dress like a traditional Targ.

And for Sansa, she's a Stark. They aren't for pomp in the same way that the southern houses are. The Lannisters, Targaryens, Baratheons and Hightowers were the big political powers in the land for centuries followed up then by the Tyrells. So THEY always wore sigils and emblems to display the power of their name and lineage. Robert would say it all the time that even goofy ass Lannister 2nd cousins would be walking around in gold and red. It was a way people said "IM DOWN". There were PLENTY of times family sigils and banners were displayed. Mostly in times of war, when it actually matters. But the Lannisters were PERPETUALLY in political scheming and proxy war...so they PERPETUALLY wore their colors.

You didn't really need to do that in the North. No one cared. It's a simpler place and everyone respected the Starks for their deeds and temperance.