Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm pretty sure this comparison chart was made when Game of Thrones was in the early seasons and is supposed to be book accurate.

Dany's dragons by season 7 and 8 in the show are way bigger than they are in George's books. D&D went with massive dragons because they thought it looked cooler I guess. But this show is trying to be more faithful to the book descriptions.
Makes sense

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
He’s still only like 18. He ain’t ready for shyt
Who he got to worry about? The strong boys? No challenge he said it himself
Maybe Daemon could give him some smoke but he seems like he's lost his mind to grief

I think Aemond is actually only 16 but so was Robb and Jon snow when GOT began

You are a man once you hit 14 in this show

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drogon in Season 7 and 8 looked massive compared to what we just seen Arrax, so how accurate is this :patrice:

Drogon in this video looks bigger than all the dragons we've seen except Vhagar actually :patrice: on this chart they have him as one of the smallest :patrice:

Yea, GOT was inconsistent. Drogon is barely 7 years old but as big as some of the dragons that were decades old. He shouldn’t have been that big. Balerion and them had been alive for decades/centuries before they took on Westeros.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Show runner finally came out and shat on all these people trying to make Daemon a hero

:pachaha: It's Vic Mackey all over again. Man set up and blew an undercover cops head off in the first episode showing viewers he ain't shyt but he still became popular and cheered for till the finale.

I knew what was up when Daem and the city watch went on that medieval SWAT raid.

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Drogon in Season 7 and 8 looked massive compared to what we just seen Arrax, so how accurate is this :patrice:

Drogon in this video looks bigger than all the dragons we've seen except Vhagar actually :patrice: on this chart they have him as one of the smallest :patrice:

Got kinda fukked up the size of Dany dragons. No way they should of been this big after only 8 years

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Luke and Ameond losing control of the dragons is important from a narrative perspective, it wasn’t about making any characters “grey”. First, it serves as the first blow to ignite the war. We saw last episode how much Alicent doesn’t want to go to war and we see this episode how Queen Rhaenyra doesn’t want to go to war too. I’m sure Alicent gave Aemond the same speech Queen Rhanyra gave Luke about not being warriors on this mission. Ameond is an immature bully tho. So when Luke falls in his lap, he couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to bully him. He meant to scare and humiliate Luke with his “snack size” dragon (word to Dora), but he didn’t mean to kill him. And I that fits perfectly narratively. It doesn’t make him grey, he just didn’t intend to kill Luke at that moment.

The second reason it fits narratively to have them lose control of the dragons is it illustrates that dragonriders don’t have full control of the dragons. Especially when they’re fighting something that can actually fight back (another dragon). That sets the stage for next season beautifully. They’re about to go to war with these incredibly destructive weapons they can’t even control. Imagine how chaotic that could get. Got me hype as fukk foot season 2; can’t believe we gotta wait 2 years. :francis:
It's not important because as we see in this thread, this is totally against the book. This constant "oops, I made a mistake" is getting old. Oops I heard the wrong thing. Oops I didn't mean to kill the old guy. Oops I didn't know you guys were overthrowing her. Oops I didn't mean to kill Luke.

These were all clear choices of evil made in the book, that are now, not even grey moments.. But straight up "oops" moments. This the type of shyt that makes it juuuuuuuuuuuuust a little less than the start of GOT. GOT was building characters and making sense