Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a poster in the other thread said in the book, not only did aemond purposely kill lucerys but that he found his fallen body and took both his eyes out :picard:

Yea, this ending is better.

Also, Fire & Blood is written by unreliable narrators years after the war took place.

Its more of a MAGA Propaganda book than a true historical account of what happened.

So it gives the show writers wiggle room to change things.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very close. Vermithor is smaller than Vhagar but, he's still big. Rhaenys rides Meraxes, which you can see is big too.

Arrax however (who Vhagar killed) was a baby basically.

FanlnsRWIAAwNk8.jpg:large
I don’t think that’s right….

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I don’t think that’s right….
Yeah she either rides Caraxes or Meleys iirc. My bad, Caraxes is Daemons salamander.

That graphic is crazy cuz imagine all those dragons alive at the same time...and then Bran Stark takes hold of all of them via skinchanging as the lizard lovers look on helplessly.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Rhaenys rides Meleys, not Meraxes.
Yeah she either rides Caraxes or Meleys iirc. My bad, Caraxes is Daemons salamander.

That graphic is crazy cuz imagine all those dragons alive at the same time...and then Bran Stark takes hold of all of them via skinchanging as the lizard lovers look on helplessly.

Remember, Targaryens often reuse names.

The Rhaeneys (The Queen That Never Was) in our story rides Meleys.

The Rhaenys that was Aegon's queen and sister wife during the conquest rode Meraxes.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
And that's only because baratheon didnt give a shyt. If he did, he could have easily helped Luke escape while Aemon was being hosted overnight for example. Dragons wouldnt have been involved if he kept them both overnight siting the weather for example but Baratheon didnt give a shyt.

Baratheon was just puffing his chest for appearances. Deep down he was shook. Aemond, a ruthless mofo, just flew in on a big ass dragon and asked for an alliance. If he said no - Aemond would have burnt the whole place down anyways. So ofcourse he said yes... and then when deal was done lil luke shows up on his gecko. Only way to stay loyal to the blacks would have been to kill Aemond there and then.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Very close. Vermithor is smaller than Vhagar but, he's still big. Rhaenys rides Meraxes, which you can see is big too.

Arrax however (who Vhagar killed) was a baby basically.

FanlnsRWIAAwNk8.jpg:large

Drogon in Season 7 and 8 looked massive compared to what we just seen Arrax, so how accurate is this :patrice:

Drogon in this video looks bigger than all the dragons we've seen except Vhagar actually :patrice: on this chart they have him as one of the smallest :patrice:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Drogon in Season 7 and 8 looked massive compared to what we just seen Arrax, so how accurate is this :patrice:
I'm pretty sure this comparison chart was made when Game of Thrones was in the early seasons and is supposed to be book accurate.

Dany's dragons by season 7 and 8 in the show are way bigger than they are in George's books. Remember Drogon and Dany's other dragons are only supposed to be like 6-7 years old. The largest dragons in HoTD are 100+ years old. D&D went with massive dragons because they thought it looked cooler I guess.

HotD is trying to be more faithful to the book descriptions and scales.

Last edited: