Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Daemon realizing Viserys NEVER truly considered him an heir. :wow:

As soon as the kids volunteered to go deliver the messages to the other families, I turned to my lady and told her pick which one was getting bodied by the end of the episode. Children going to do grown folks' job is in the same category as being a few days away from retirement/overdue vacation/transferring to another department in old action movies as far as near guaranteed death.

I love that the bridge scene was a nice inversion of the first bridge scene between Otto, Daemon, and Rhaenyra. Otto showing up with the page from the book definitely drove home the point of him being an emotionally manipulative motherfukker.

Next season' fukkery should be off the charts, and I'm all about it.
People really just glossing over Daemon choking this broad out in a fit of jealousy and barely suppressed rage. That's going to be a problem going forward, dude is radioactive.

Daps
Reluctance is how you don’t start a war.

You think we should just start bombing North Korea anytime they start talking crap?

We are literally watching this play out right now in Ukraine. Ukraine could just start throwing missiles into Russia and setting the world on fire.

:wtf:

Ukraine doesn’t have any missiles. If they did, they would use them. We keep sending them money for weapons. They’re asking everybody else for money, because they want to fight back.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Reluctance is how you don’t start a war.

You think we should just start bombing North Korea anytime they start talking crap?

We are literally watching this play out right now in Ukraine. Ukraine could just start throwing missiles into Russia and setting the world on fire.
Your logic in reality would be Ukraine telling America it doesn't want to start a war with Russia after Russia had already declared war and taken Crimea. Stick to the show. The Hightowers usurped the throne, killed people loyal to Rhaenyra, tried to kill Rhaenys and she didn't even support Rhaenyra and the council making plans to kill Rhaenyra all while it shyt was going down.

Her temperament is the same sentiment her father had and is the very reason the Dance of Dragons existed. This same sentiment is why Daemon choked her up. Because he knows how weak it made his brother, unstable it made the realm and will not see his wife make the same mistakes if he has to fall back from taking the crown himself. If she was more decisive and prudent about her situation, her son may very well still be alive.

And she understands her folly because the face she had at the end when she found out Aemond killed Luke tells us that realizes she made a grave error in how she handled shyt. So yeah, if someone declares war on you, saying "Im trying not to start a war" is pretty fukking stupid given that it isn't your decision to decide in the first place.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I turned my head on some parts like how my parents used to make me turn my head on sex scenes growing up :pachaha:

This right here!!!!

:myman:

Remember watching joints in the early and mid 80s ( :flabbynsick: ) and having to do this. :pachaha:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Daemon legit on demon time now.

When he lined up those two kingsguard for interrogation with the dragon waiting in the cut.

:demonic:

At first I thought he cooked them just to be sure.

Also, you just know those two twins are going to come to blows.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People really just glossing over Daemon choking this broad out in a fit of jealousy and barely suppressed rage. That's going to be a problem going forward, dude is radioactive.
I dont think it was jealousy. It was disdain for that passive "in my dreams" bullshyt he thinks his brother was weak because of.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rhae really said Baratheon was a prideful man ….then sent her young ass boy there solo to “remind him” of his fathers oath

She’s an absolute dumbass :gucci:

Luke should’ve never been there to begin with

Sending Daemon woulda been pure fukkery so I get it.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
the kid wasnt about to do shyt but head back home if he got refused

what did rhae tell him before he left and what makes you think he'd buck his mom and start burning people

hes p*ssy and always has been p*ssy, just look at the training scene with his brother. another reason why rhaenys shouldve been sent instead of him

My bad, you're right. Baratheon chose Aemond cause the marriage pact and not the big ass dragon outside towering his castle. :hubie:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think he'll be a problem, but maybe not for Rhaenyra's side for a while. Daemon is that guy that's always about that action because throwing hands and feet is easier than actual self reflection and whatnot.

In the span of a couple of hours, he got handed a cartoon pancake stack of Ls:

His brother is dead, and he believes murdered.

His brother's well known wishes have been outright ignored.

His wife just gave birth to a stillborn child.

His wife has no interest in being the quiet figurehead he wanted that would let him actually run shyt.

People actually seem to like his wife's plan of figuring who's on their side before they go trying to fight a war while outnumbered.

He found out his brother effectively strung him along for decades about being his heir, since he never told him about the prophecy.

I imagine there'll be a time skip, and a Daemon focused episode where they handle it. But he's probably about to be on SUPER demon time for everybody on the other side, though.