Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

alicent-GOT.png

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Which dragon skull is that? I was thinking all this time it was Baelaryon until I just realized that he chilling somewhere in old Valeria.

Whoever that is, is tiny compared to Vhaegar :picard:
It’s Balerion the Black dread’s skull.
His skull is shown in Game Of Thrones as well
FbLHSP0UsAElo1n

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Which dragon skull is that? I was thinking all this time it was Baelaryon until I just realized that he chilling somewhere in old Valeria.

Whoever that is, is tiny compared to Vhaegar :picard:
Balerion. He was much bigger than Vhagar and was the oldest dragon to have lived thats known. A horse with a rider atop it is said to be able to fit in its mouth without touching teeth or something to that degree. He was a little over 200 years old when he died. Aegon the Conqueror rode him. He was also the only dragon that was alive when they left Valyria.

Probably why Viserys was so scared of Dragons is because he got to ride the biggest, oldest most powerful one to have ever lived in what we know as Westeros...when it was at its weakest/dying and it still put the fear of god in him.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Not at the babies getting murked, but at that noise Vhagar made right after she did it. She gave no fukks, and it's like Aemond just then realized he was riding with a real killer. How long had he been riding her up to this point and he didn't realize who and what she really was??:mjlol: Her having no f's to give and him looking genuinely surprised and scared was unintentionally hilarious.
That noise was the dragon version of :russell:

:dead:

Daps
It’s Balerion the Black dread’s skull.
His skull is shown in Game Of Thrones as well
FbLHSP0UsAElo1n

It's not tho cause in an earlier episode, they ask where Balerion is and they said he took off and never came back. Remember when Lord Brehlaryon daughter was walking with the king and asking him questions about where Balerion is? And he said he didn't know.

So maybe Balerion comes back sometime during this series :ohhh:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
No way he doesn't admit to doing it with intent. If not he looks like a bytch who can't control the greatest dragon alive and Aemond's ego won't be able to handle that.
I think you're right, but it doesn't make a difference to me either way tbh.
Luke and Ameond losing control of the dragons is important from a narrative perspective, it wasn’t about making any characters “grey”. First, it serves as the first blow to ignite the war. We saw last episode how much Alicent doesn’t want to go to war and we see this episode how Queen Rhaenyra doesn’t want to go to war too. I’m sure Alicent gave Aemond the same speech Queen Rhanyra gave Luke about not being warriors on this mission. Ameond is an immature bully tho. So when Luke falls in his lap, he couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to bully him. He meant to scare and humiliate Luke with his “snack size” dragon (word to Dora), but he didn’t mean to kill him. And I that fits perfectly narratively. It doesn’t make him grey, he just didn’t intend to kill Luke at that moment.

The second reason it fits narratively to have them lose control of the dragons is it illustrates that dragonriders don’t have full control of the dragons. Especially when they’re fighting something that can actually fight back (another dragon). That sets the stage for next season beautifully. They’re about to go to war with these incredibly destructive weapons they can’t even control. Imagine how chaotic that could get. Got me hype as fukk foot season 2; can’t believe we gotta wait 2 years. :francis:
But the 2 queens trying to avoid war is part of my irritation with them trying to paint everyone grey. They should've just had Rhae saying, fukk all that, call the banners, and not used the shoddy 'misunderstanding' trope for Alicent to push the coup. It would've been better if Aemond and Luke weren't both yelling "no dragon, no!" at the same time during the biggest moment in the entire season so far. They could have at least had Aemond saying "oh well" with a smirk or something at the end. Dude just ran down a little kid on his giant murder lizard and we're supposed to think he was like "Oh no, I accidently killed him with my giant dragon! Whoops!"
It just frustrates me that everything is laid out as a 'series of unfortunate events' that characters get roped into, instead of people just being decisively shytty or good. Otto and Daemon seem to be the only ones who stick to their guns.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Neither Alicent or Rhaenyra wanted to be the one to set it off by striking the first blow.

That makes all the sense in the world.
Are you daft? Why would Alicent need to strike the first blow if the bytch done already crowned her son for the whole realm to see? If Rhae was to continue to wait for her to make the first move, she might as well throw her birthright in the bushes because nobody gonna respect her as queen otherwise.

Suppose Aemond didn't kill Luke. Greens already had the Baratheons, along with hella other sets WITH AEGON LITERALLY SITTING ON THE IRON THRONE. How exactly was Rhae going to take what's rightfully hers without striking first? See this why the bytch son got killed, "That makes all the sense in the world"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I really don't like how they're trying to make every character grey. They just have everyone coming off as indecisive, and it gets frustrating. They even had Aemond, who is basically a comic book villain, killing Luke on "accident." If he wasn't trying to kill him, why chase him at all? Lil man could have fell off the shyt and died or something. Even Luke was yelling "Arrax, no!" when he hit Vhagar with the yoga flame. Just let the characters make decisions, good or bad. :snoop:
trying for that GOT character richness that can't be replicated

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Brehs that 1 v 1 dragon scene was absolute fire. The tension with no music :ohlawd: Aemond fukked around and found out. Crazy that Arrax and Vhagar went into battle on their own. That size difference though:damn: This was way better than NK on dead Viserion vs Dany and Drogon. Guess the count is down to 12 now vs 4 Daemon :ufdup:

Build of the entire EP to get there was great. 2024 going to feel like forever now :mjcry:

Side bar but I need that gif of Rhaenys walking in the background with the smirk on her face when Rhaenyra clears the room. shyt was meme worthy :pachaha:

Last edited: