Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean the characters are reading as complex for me outside of Aegon.

Alicent is about faith and duty, but she’s never been about power and that’s a huge conflict for what she actually has to do get Aegon on the throne. Otto, as Hand, is used to reading stuff at all angles to get the outcome he wants. Duty only if it doesn’t get it the way of his goals
complex and stupid

before it was about rhae and her claim 'existing' being the fear needed to motivate alicent to be a bytch. now? she's just floundering in every direction at once. otto is a genius until he isn't. its goofy. no one has any consistent agency in this ep.
Viserys was holding onto life looking like a mummy for years. How would he know when he needs to know where Aegon was?

Plus, Otto’s over ambition has always been his problem. Trying to tell the king to marry Aegon to Rhaenyra and got rebuffed. Aegon keeps telling them he doesn’t want the throne, so why would he be the person relied upon to be where he needs to be?
i think you're writing for them tbh

last time we saw vicerys it was first time off the poppy in god knows how long, he collapsed and had to be helped to throne, and he just passed out again at dinner. how does the kings hand NOT around the clock watch on that shyt :russ: the actual heir ain't even around - this is supposed to be a layup not 30 minutes of going door to door in buddy teams and meeting daemon's old thot like who dis

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Covering up rapes of servants is caring?
What show are you watching?
Ep 1 Daemon literally goes around butchering and maiming the small folk
Only person who complains about this is Otto

I could go through the whole season and see moments like this from one side and not the other

This ep Rhaenys kills hundreds of innocent people to make a badass statement

Are you just ignoring all the deaths in this show
Team green wiped out an entire house, The Strongs on top of that :gucci: they have lords hanging in public just this episode :gucci:

They want to kill everyone at dragonstone :gucci:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
terrible take... they all have to die anyways for Rhaenyra to be queen.
Not necessarily, they don't. Certainly not the High Septon or the women. Rhaenys burning that many important people, including the high septon (basically the pope) with a dragon would be scandalous no matter what and would sully Rhaenyra's claim before she even was officially crowned. It would probably reignite a religious war in Westeros against the Targaryens.

Terms to prevent war are still on the table.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Otto such a byotch.

Drilling into Alicent that Rhaenyra would have to kill Alicent’s kids then immediately tries to kill Rhaenyra.
Like I don’t know, maybe leave her alone and she wouldn’t do a dang thing?
Otto is a plotting motherfukker, but he's right that they'll need to kill Rhanyra. There's no way Rhanerya just accepts Aegon to be the new king and believes that shyt about that being Viserys' dying wish.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
complex and stupid

before it was about rhae and her claim 'existing' being the fear needed to motivate alicent to be a bytch. now? she's just floundering in every direction at once. otto is a genius until he isn't. its goofy. no one has any consistent agency in this ep.

i think you're writing for them tbh

last time we saw vicerys it was first time off the poppy in god knows how long, he collapsed and had to be helped to throne, and he just passed out again at dinner. how does the kings hand NOT around the clock watch on that shyt :russ: the actual heir ain't even around - this is supposed to be a layup not 30 minutes of going door to door in buddy teams and meeting daemon's old thot like who dis
If you are relying on Aegon to make your plan work, it ain’t going to work. He was literally drunk at a wedding. And your complaint is why isn’t this dude ready for his duty?

It’s stupid cause Otto cares about power and not what’s right.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Otto is a plotting motherfukker, but he's right that they'll need to kill Rhanyra. There's no way Rhanerya just accepts Aegon to be the new king and believes that shyt about that being Viserys' dying wish.

Yeah this is where Alicent loses me. You can’t be telling your son he’s gonna be king for 20 years and then hesitate to make the necessary moves to insure your family’s place on the throne when the time comes. Much like Viserys, her hesitance to make a bold decision is gonna get people killed.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean this is just the same as the Vaemomd and Corlys situation. Overturning what someone wants by acting like you know better.

They weren’t plotting on Viserys until after he died, this was always the plan.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you are relying on Aegon to make your plan work, it ain’t going to work. He was literally drunk at a wedding. And your complaint is why isn’t this dude ready for his duty?

It’s stupid cause Otto cares about power and not what’s right.
otto didn't give his daughter a choice why would he give his grandson one :russ: this whole ep was just dumb

let me not guard these dragons in the middle of my coup attempt too. why the fukk should i