Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Otto such a byotch.

Drilling into Alicent that Rhaenyra would have to kill Alicent’s kids then immediately tries to kill Rhaenyra.
Like I don’t know, maybe leave her alone and she wouldn’t do a dang thing?

I'm glad she finally called him out. That was some real shyt when she asked him was she just simply his proxy.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
all this talk about political intrigue, subterfuge, etc...

"anyone here not willing to give me a verbal confirmation regarding their allegiance? :skip: please tell the truth and remember honesty is the policy yal"

what the fukk was any of that lmao

i thought for a second, maybe just maybe she trying to warm her feet or something. possible she contracted some of that ick from vicerys. but nope, showrunners hooked up with marketing and said this is how we go viral leading up to the season finale :mjgrin:
That’s exactly what I was thinking when that scene was happening…there gotta be nikkas bowing on some “fukk this family but lemme be smart”

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
lets go back a bit

why would otto NOT know where aegon is? :mjlol: nobody been waiting on vicerys to die longer than him and in quadruple overtime he ain't got a whole team waiting to throw aegon onto the stage at a moment's notice? aite lol
Viserys was holding onto life looking like a mummy for years. How would he know when he needs to know where Aegon was?

Plus, Otto’s over ambition has always been his problem. Trying to tell the king to marry Aegon to Rhaenyra and got rebuffed. Aegon keeps telling them he doesn’t want the throne, so why would he be the person relied upon to be where he needs to be?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Otto such a byotch.

Drilling into Alicent that Rhaenyra would have to kill Alicent’s kids then immediately tries to kill Rhaenyra.
Like I don’t know, maybe leave her alone and she wouldn’t do a dang thing?
Yeah Alicent is right make a peace treaty where y’all both eat and have power instead of fighting to the death where there is no winners. Alicent bossed up telling him he irrelevant and the future king is her son.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
you know what? someone was saying way back then he had a crush on her but I thought it was strictly gains/rewards he was looking for…breh was right tho
I think there was also a dinner scene where she took off her shoes in the the previous episode:ohhh:
I'm wondering if there was more to that as well

Anton

All Star
Daps
Great ep. I think the nonsense of the last couple seasons of GoT conditioned people to expect dumb shyt, which is why people are confused about Rhaenys. Cersei blows up the Sept Of Baelor, killing the High Septon, Hand Of The King, queen, and multiple lords and ladies. Nothing happened. In fact it wasn't even mentioned again. So I get why people would ask why Rhaenys wouldn't effectively do the same thing in the same place, but with a dragon. It just wouldn't make sense. She'd be murdering damn near half of her family. including someone who is completely innocent (Helaena Targaryen, Aegon's sister wife). She'd also murder the High Septon, Hand Of The King, Lord Commander of the Kings Guard, queen mother, etc.

It would be insanity and sully Rhaenyra's claim.

I liked the ep overall but felt that was kinda forced to give the ep a big ending. She had to escape with her dragon, I just wish it was done another way.
terrible take... they all have to die anyways for Rhaenyra to be queen.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
you know what? someone was saying way back then he had a crush on her but I thought it was strictly gains/rewards he was looking for…breh was right tho
The look when he was talking to her after he killed his dad and brother. Let me know what it was.

And than how he was staring at her at the funeral :shaq:

Iluvmusic

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
Down south
I have to. I just know I'm going to accidentally see or read some shyt that will ruin it for me.

It has been 20 years or more. I think Alicent is supposed to be a bit older than Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra is 37 or 38, so Alicent is probably 40.

Actually, you might be right @SOSRadio . I think Rhaenyra was 14 or 15 when the people swore loyalty to her as their future queen. She was 17 during Aegon's 2nd birthday party, so she's probably 34/35 and Alicent is 36 or older. Not that it makes a real difference. She is still a young grandma in my mind.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So if we are moralizing each side
after this episode Team Black has this huge pile of corpses of the people they have directly killed or slighted because they are incompetent war mongers

and then on Team Green we have a bunch of religious hypocrites who protect the small folk and actually care about their subjects

Nice to see the showrunners understand that the heroic side kills the people they are supposed to protect and this political system hinges on the small folk even putting up with this system of government

If this was Game of Thrones we'd have Robb or Jon talk about how honorable it is to not kill in the dark and then wage a war where so many more people will die
That's the hypocrisy that's inherent to the setting
Covering up rapes of servants is caring?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What fukking show are you watching :mjtf:
What show are you watching?
Ep 1 Daemon literally goes around butchering and maiming the small folk
Only person who complains about this is Otto

I could go through the whole season and see moments like this from one side and not the other

This ep Rhaenys kills hundreds of innocent people to make a badass statement

Are you just ignoring all the deaths in this show

Covering up rapes of servants is caring?
I know you don't care but what should have happened to the servant girl vs what actually happened to her is a significant mercy for the setting
In GOT cersei straight up murders all of roberts b*stard children and the women who slept with him

Alicent gave her money and her freedom from the castle
Aegon is a member of the royal family is he gonna get punished or will the servant girl