Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Something I noticed is how the writers pretty much made us see the plebes as the Lords see them, as nothing, Daemon kills an innocent guard and everyone talks about how he left Leanor live, Rhaenys kills probably hundreds but everyone is talking about how she speared The Greens.

Rhaenys herself probably thought she was killing ants on her way out, the highlord/royals in this show are fukking psychopaths.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Rhaenys became off of my favorites when she broke Patriarchy down to Rhaenyra, so she would be prepared for what she herself had to face bein The Queen That Never Was because of Viserys.

And followed it up by telling Corlys he had to see and love their son Laenor unconditionally in the reality presented to them and concentrate on their granddaughters so they could still have a legacy with honor.

Her actions showed true leadership with insight, wisdom and love of family.
Shyt was impressive as hell and reminded me of lady Olenna Tyrell who was one of the wisest characters in GoT imo.

And like lady Olenna Tyrell, Rhaenys bout that action under pressure too :wow:
lady-olena-wedding.gif
0349c77c309ef55b_joffrey.gif

f54e162c0f8d7977a2dea5e79acc17cd.jpg
Olenna in the show is largely why her family is wiped out, as she pushed for Margaery to become queen.

In the books she's raised Margaery partially and knows she'd be a great queen but she also doesn't want to get involved with the Baratheons or Lannisters, in regards to the political plots they spun.
It's her son Mace who won't let go of the Tyrell blood on the throne dream, and his whole family suffers from it.

The TV show character doesn't have the wisdom/reserve the book version has iirc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
naaaah this was a great episode. Top 5 of the season. Rhae's young actor was annoying
was it the goofy sword fight? white worm with the WOAT accent? aemond walking behind cole menacingly? the drawn out inauguration and crowd stuff to fill airtime? rhaenys contradicting herself yet again and leaving her kids to fight a war even though she's wholly indifferent to her own place in life? clumsy escaping nobility scene?

the opening was great but man this ep turned into that season 8 shyt fast
Alicent been disrespecting a lot of dragonriders lately (saying Laenor was w a squire in ep7, bringing up Laena’s death to Rhaenys, dissing Rhaenyra sons).

She been moving as if she was a dragon herself. Refreshing to see her brought back to reality. :mjpls:
the reality of them not doing shyt the majority of the time :russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great ep. I think the nonsense of the last couple seasons of GoT conditioned people to expect dumb shyt, which is why people are confused about Rhaenys. Cersei blows up the Sept Of Baelor, killing the High Septon, Hand Of The King, queen, and multiple lords and ladies. Nothing happened. In fact it wasn't even mentioned again. So I get why people would ask why Rhaenys wouldn't effectively do the same thing in the same place, but with a dragon. It just wouldn't make sense. She'd be murdering damn near half of her family. including someone who is completely innocent (Helaena Targaryen, Aegon's sister wife). She'd also murder the High Septon, Hand Of The King, Lord Commander of the Kings Guard, queen mother, etc.

It would be insanity and sully Rhaenyra's claim.

I liked the ep overall but felt that was kinda forced to give the ep a big ending. She had to escape with her dragon, I just wish it was done another way.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
No way. Episode 9 of GOT was way more compelling than episode 9 of HOD.

Love the show, but it’s not on GOT level in my humble opinion.
GOT is still a better show but I'd say that GOT peaked a few seasons in

This has had a lot happen so far and I can say I prefer szn 1 of this over GOT szn 1
I don't expect it to pass GOT though, but its early

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
GOT is still a better show but I'd say that GOT peaked a few seasons in

This has had a lot happen so far and I can say I prefer szn 1 of this over GOT szn 1
I don't expect it to pass GOT though, but its early
I gotta agree. IMHO around S5 was when GOT began it’s fall off. We had 4 seasons of great television before mediocrity found its home in the show.