Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Daps
If y'all are familiar with the books judging from the preview next week y'all know what's about to go down in that rain :lupe:

Yo @hex @CHICAGO

I could be wrong but I feel like this is a form of dry snitching. :jbhmm:

Now yall correct me if I'm wrong... but I did not know nothing was going down in the rain nor did I want to know. I would have preferred to be totally shocked but now when I watch next week I will be looking for something to happen in the rain scene.

It isn't an outright spoiler but it is close.

I'll let the coli decide tho, if yall say he's cool, he's cool :yeshrug:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All they shows usually have off years lol. They don't just be churning out trash.. there's time and effort
first 7 seasons of GOT came in consecutive years, but yeah I have noticed they definitely have a lot more off time than they used to for almost all their shows in recent years.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The commander of the Kingsguard crowns the king? :patrice:

We have seen 3 coronations in GOT and I've never seen that.

He is a glorified guard. It's like the head of the Secret Service helping to administer the oath of office to the President.

I get it, they wanted to give Cole something to do in that scene, but that just wasn't believable.
Yes. The Lord Commander of the KG is one of the most powerful positions in the realm. They even have a seat on the small council.

The Kingsguard was barely featured in GoT (and I don't even remember any full blown coronations in Thrones), but this show is trying to be more faithful to how things work in the books. And yes, Criston crowned Aegon II in the books, so its not some show invention to make him seem important.

300px-Aegon_II_crowned.jpg

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
People, Rhaenys couldn't just blast the altar/dais like she's got a killshot in COD.

The guy who crowned Aegon? That's the high septon, who's basically the pope in the south.
She burns the entire royal family + him kills the reputation of whoever follows.

Especially in a room full of witnesses, both noble and smallfolk.

She already did damage just ripping out from underneath them like that, with all the bodies she got but Hollywood is gonna always go for the cool shot/moment even if they'd be better served with more intentional actions/directing.

She could've easily landed on the steps, roared and then tossed a green banner at the ground for her dragon to alight and still got the exact same message across and not kill a bunch of defenseless commoners.

I don't understand how some people are so bad at this ish.
I still wanted it to happen :bryan:

Daps
At the end of the day, she's not a kinslayer. Even if she did say dracarys, would the kingdom bend the knee to Rhaenyra? I doubt it :manny:

Who else would they bend it to? Rhaenyra would be the only living soul with a strong claim and she’d be on the only side with dragons. :dahell:

I appreciate why Rhaenys didn’t flambé them; murder is harder than audiences tend to accept on these shows. She coulda at least took The Conqueror’s crown from that gimps head tho. :camby: