Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
t31iQ7P.jpg
:ohhh:
The Stark way doesn’t work in the “Game of Thrones”, that’s why every single one of the men who led her house got clapped up at one point or another.

Beheaded*

Move honorably brehs:lolbron:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Aemond is a Daemon reskinned character. Idk wtf GRRM is on...but naw....one of em got to geaux. Did GOT have literally the same characters reskinned?

I always felt there was a lot of similarities between Joffery & Ramsay, it's just that Ramsay had more street smarts

GRRM just released a blog post about HotD. He talks about time jumps and stuff for season 2 so I'm going to spoiler it just in case you don't want to know any production details that reveal future characters.

Non spoiler bullet points

• Episode 8 was all he hoped it would be
  • Thinks Paddy deserves an Emmy for his performance as Viserys
  • Viserys was more fleshed out and powerful than the book version, tempting him to rewrite Fire and Blood (says it’s a joke)
  • Wants to go more in depth about why there are time jumps but may do so in his next blog post.
  • Said a slowed down season would likely result in fans complaining that nothing happened
  • Thinks 4 seasons at 10 episodes each is what is needed to do the Dance justice

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has helped brighten my Sundays as well. I mean, I cannot really review the show, that would be crazy, I am hardly objective… but I do want to commend Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik and the cast and crew for the work they’ve done. Sunday’s episode, “Lord of the Tides,” was everything I hoped it should be. Kudos to Eileen Shim, the scriptwriter, to Geeta Patel, the director, to our incredible cast… and particularly to Paddy Considine, for his portrayal of King Viserys, the First of His Name. The character he created (with Ryan and Sara and Ti and the rest of our writers) for the show is so much more powerful and tragic and fully-fleshed than my own version in FIRE & BLOOD that I am half tempted to go back and rip up those chapters and rewrite the whole history of his reign. Paddy deserves an Emmy for this episode alone. If he doesn’t get one, hey, there’s no justice. Meanwhile, I am going to give Archmaester Gyldayn a smack for leaving out so much good stuff.

(No, I am not really going to rewrite FIRE & BLOOD, that was a jape). ((And no, I am not going to assault Archmaester Glydayn, who does not actually exist. I made him up)).

There’s a lot more I would love to blog about, but I do not have the time…

There’s a website called THE WRAP that has a couple cool interviews with Ryan Condal, including one where he spoke about our supposed rivalry with RINGS OF POWER… which mostly exists in the media. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiI47jH99b6AhWVMDQIHeE0Cg4QFnoECA0QAQ&url=https://www.thewrap.com/house-of-the-dragon-rings-of-power-rivalry-ryan-condal/&usg=AOvVaw2s5NQfsv28MZaXoSiQOsWU

Ryan says pretty much the same thing I said in that interview with THE INDEPENDENT a few months back. Nothing would please him more than to see both shows succeed. Me too. I am a fantasy fan, and I want more fantasy on television, and nothing would accomplish that more than a couple of big hits. THE WITCHER, SHADOW & BONE, WHEEL OF TIME… and THE SANDMAN, a glorious adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s groundbreaking comic series… those are a good start, but I want more. I want Tad Williams, I want Joe Abercrombie, I want Patrick Rothfuss, I want a good adaptation of Le Guin’s Earthsea books, I want Alan Garner, I want Robin Hobb… oh, the list is long, I could go on and on… and would if I did not have a zillion other things to do. Most of all, I want Roger Zelazny’s NINE PRINCES IN AMBER. I will never understand why Corwin and his siblings are not starring in their own show. And hey, if epic fantasy continues to do well, maybe we will finally get that. A boy can dream.

I wanted to address the “time jumps” in the HOUSE OF THE DRAGON too. Not with any kind of official “statement,” but with some musings on the subject. There’s a lot to be said. I do not have the time to say it now, though. Maybe in my next blog, or the one after that… or maybe never, since work keeps piling up.

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them. (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them). Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip? Sure.

But there are only so many minutes in an episode (more on HBO than on the network shows I once wrote for), and only so many episodes in a season. Fewer and fewer as time goes by, it seems. When I was a boy, shows had 39 episodes a season. By the time I was writing for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, it was down to 22. Cable shrunk that even further. THE SOPRANOS had 13 episodes per season, but just a few years later, GAME OF THRONES had only 10 (and not even that, those last two seasons). If HOUSE OF THE DRAGON had 13 episodes per season, maybe we could have shown all the things we had to “time jump” over… though that would have risked having some viewers complain that the show was too “slow,” that “nothing happened.” As it is, I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale. (RINGS OF POWER has only 8, as you may have noticed, and my AMC show DARK WINDS is doing 6 episode seasons). I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

But right now, Ryan Condal’s focus is on HOT D season two, and mine is on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

Really relieved that Daeron, Alicent and Visery's youngest son, hasn't been cut, but has just been chilling down in Oldtown as a ward of the Hightowers. I haven't said anything in this thread about him since the show itself hasn't mentioned him yet, so it was an open question if he got cut...they show 4 bloodlines spilling out of Alicent in the title sequence but I guess they are treating him like GoT treated Stannis in season 1 of GoT, where he existed but was never shown. Sucks they couldn't work him in this season but def looking forward to him being introduced in season 2.

seeing how he feels about fans complaining about a slower pace leads me to believe The Wire would've been cancelled before S5 in this streaming age

Last edited:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

That’s what be killing me, I be completely forgetting aegon, aemond and haleana are his kids, they feel like alicent’s kids only lol and he just happens to be married to her but ain’t really with the playing daddy to her kids role lol

He don't fucc w them kids at all lol. He put on for Rhaenyra bc he loved her mom :manny:

Edit: Viserys being on the sick and shut-in list for most of them kids' childhood affects that too

Daps
Did the OG GoT ever clarify why dragons stopped being born? I wonder if the eggs that Daemon scavenged are the last of em, which will eventually be Dany’s.

I think those are them just because there was 3.

I don’t think so. The dragons went extinct as magic left the world, but I don’t think we got any more explanation than that. I don’t think any living person knows why they went extinct. It has been theorized that they got caged up and died out like that. But I distinctly remember Viserys (Dany’s brother) telling his whore that while he never saw a dragon, he used to play in the dungeons of the Red keep as a kid and he saw the skulls. Near the surface, the skulls of the dragons that were born the latest were laid out and they were really small. But as you went deeper, the skulls got bigger and bigger to the point that they were larger than a carriage. So no, I don’t think those eggs are Dany’s, but even if they are, there are still more eggs that will be hatched cuz they’ll make up the smaller skulls.

(With them using the same names, it’s tough to find screens with Dany’s Viserys, but here’s a choppy version…S1E04)

I’m guessing the infighting from this “Dance” on HOTD will have a major impact on the extinction of the dragons.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
That’s what be killing me, I be completely forgetting aegon, aemond and haleana are his kids, they feel like alicent’s kids only lol and he just happens to be married to her but ain’t really with the playing daddy to her kids role lol

that's cause he never really loved Alicent (it's a relationship bred out of keeping up traditions sake) the way he did Aemma (they legit loved each other) and on top of that, Rhaenyra is the only kid that survived the births so she's "special" in that regard.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

:dead:IM SINGLE HANDLY RUINING
THE THREAD BECAUSE I WONT
PRETEND THE VELAREYONS ARNT BLACK?

:mjcry:"LET ME c00n IN PEACE"
:devil:
:evil:
How many times are you going to post the same shyt over and over again? We know what your stance is but you are regurgitating it 1000xs. Give it a rest breh. You are making this thread a hard read.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How many times are you going to post the same shyt over and over again? We know what your stance is but you are regurgitating it 1000xs. Give it a rest breh. You are making this thread a hard read.

:gucci:IM LITERALLY RESPONDING TO PPL
WHO ARE QUOTING/TAGGING ME
SUCH AS YOURSELF GOOFY.

HOW ABOUT YOU MUTHAfukkAS
KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR MENTIONS?
:devil:
:evil: