Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
@Neo The Resurrected ONE @CHICAGO @Eternally Jaded

“RaCe DOSent eXIST in GaMe oF THroNes/HOuSE oF THe DrAgON y’All ARe JuSt MiLiTaNtS”

Meanwhile….

From the show runners own mouth
Long, long ago when he was conceiving of this world, [Martin] himself had considered the idea of making Velaryons a race of Black people with silver hair that essentially came from the other side of the ocean and conquered Westeros," Condal said. "That's a fascinating idea and that always really stuck with me because it's such a stark image. I just thought, 'Well, why couldn't we do a version of that now?'"

From the actor who player Corlys…

They're happy with white hair and violet-colored eyes, but a rich Black guy? That's beyond the pale

Yet the stans are telling us they’re not meant to be actual black characters on the show/in world? :russ:

Daps
@Neo The Resurrected ONE @CHICAGO @Eternally Jaded

“RaCe DOSent eXIST in GaMe oF THroNes/HOuSE oF THe DrAgON”

Meanwhile….

From the show runners own mouth

From the actor who player Corlys…

Yet the stans are telling us they’re not meant to be actual black characters on the show/in world? :russ:

You see it. They hate that the concept of race exists in their precious fantasy world even though the show creators and actors have said it does.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Breh i literally backed up what I said with points. You can disprove them but until you do so, the points still stand.

In the BTS, even the black actor mentions race. Do you think GRMM, the show runners and HBO would permit that to be shown if they weren't cosigning it?

Again, the issue of race was even prevalent in the OG series. They just aren't being heavy handed with it cause they know their audience (i.e. you and some of the other brehs and brehettes in this thread who shudder at the thought of your fantasy series making a statement about real life issues).

Why were the north folk staring down the Unsullied like they wanted to lynch them?

Why did Missandei and Greyworm have a conversation about leaving because they knew they weren't welcome in Westeros?
It’s cause their hair was nappy… duh…

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
The second Alicent was ordering somebody to take one of them boys eyes, Rhae should have put them boys in a self defense class. No excuses. Instead she got them in there learning Valerion, which is important too but priorities. Them boys lives are in danger and she knows that. It's the reason she left Kings Landing in the first place. And in all that time, yall ain't teach them boys how to defend themselves?

I hate to say it brehs but im starting to feel that there's a reason that in the GOT series, the Targs still got silver hair.:francis:

One side is highly favored to win this. :francis:
Them Strong (ironically named :mjlol: ) showed some promise with that in the brawl in the cave. They made up for lack of physical strength with cunning and underhandedness, e.g. dirt in the eye followed by the blade. Unfortunately, it seems that fire was stamped out over the time jump. You mean to tell me they were watching Griffith Targaryan sparring for years, didn't think to soak up some game from Daemon?

Ole boy ate the Strong kid's punch like he was Kimbo Slice. Aegon had the other one eating the dinner table. Targset got that physical advantage and that :demonic: bloodlust. Not to mention the scheming of Hightowers backing them up

Criston Cole like