Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
As presented by the show, the worst thing Rhae did was let her aunt think she killed her gay son, so that he could go live happily ever after. Like dude been saying in here, Laenor basically adopted those kids. He knows they aren’t his and has been playing along, doing his thing on the side while she did hers.

ehhhhh the whole b*stard children thing is pretty bad as a royal I imagine. everybody else has to abide by the worlds rules to an extent and shes just like fukk all that.

shyt what did alicent do that was that bad then, she didn't order little femur to kill anyone he did that shyt of his own volition.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
GRRM just released a blog post about HotD. He talks about time jumps and stuff for season 2 so I'm going to spoiler it just in case you don't want to know any production details that reveal future characters.

Non spoiler bullet points

• Episode 8 was all he hoped it would be
  • Thinks Paddy deserves an Emmy for his performance as Viserys
  • Viserys was more fleshed out and powerful than the book version, tempting him to rewrite Fire and Blood (says it’s a joke)
  • Wants to go more in depth about why there are time jumps but may do so in his next blog post.
  • Said a slowed down season would likely result in fans complaining that nothing happened
  • Thinks 4 seasons at 10 episodes each is what is needed to do the Dance justice

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has helped brighten my Sundays as well. I mean, I cannot really review the show, that would be crazy, I am hardly objective… but I do want to commend Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik and the cast and crew for the work they’ve done. Sunday’s episode, “Lord of the Tides,” was everything I hoped it should be. Kudos to Eileen Shim, the scriptwriter, to Geeta Patel, the director, to our incredible cast… and particularly to Paddy Considine, for his portrayal of King Viserys, the First of His Name. The character he created (with Ryan and Sara and Ti and the rest of our writers) for the show is so much more powerful and tragic and fully-fleshed than my own version in FIRE & BLOOD that I am half tempted to go back and rip up those chapters and rewrite the whole history of his reign. Paddy deserves an Emmy for this episode alone. If he doesn’t get one, hey, there’s no justice. Meanwhile, I am going to give Archmaester Gyldayn a smack for leaving out so much good stuff.

(No, I am not really going to rewrite FIRE & BLOOD, that was a jape). ((And no, I am not going to assault Archmaester Glydayn, who does not actually exist. I made him up)).

There’s a lot more I would love to blog about, but I do not have the time…

There’s a website called THE WRAP that has a couple cool interviews with Ryan Condal, including one where he spoke about our supposed rivalry with RINGS OF POWER… which mostly exists in the media. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiI47jH99b6AhWVMDQIHeE0Cg4QFnoECA0QAQ&url=https://www.thewrap.com/house-of-the-dragon-rings-of-power-rivalry-ryan-condal/&usg=AOvVaw2s5NQfsv28MZaXoSiQOsWU

Ryan says pretty much the same thing I said in that interview with THE INDEPENDENT a few months back. Nothing would please him more than to see both shows succeed. Me too. I am a fantasy fan, and I want more fantasy on television, and nothing would accomplish that more than a couple of big hits. THE WITCHER, SHADOW & BONE, WHEEL OF TIME… and THE SANDMAN, a glorious adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s groundbreaking comic series… those are a good start, but I want more. I want Tad Williams, I want Joe Abercrombie, I want Patrick Rothfuss, I want a good adaptation of Le Guin’s Earthsea books, I want Alan Garner, I want Robin Hobb… oh, the list is long, I could go on and on… and would if I did not have a zillion other things to do. Most of all, I want Roger Zelazny’s NINE PRINCES IN AMBER. I will never understand why Corwin and his siblings are not starring in their own show. And hey, if epic fantasy continues to do well, maybe we will finally get that. A boy can dream.

I wanted to address the “time jumps” in the HOUSE OF THE DRAGON too. Not with any kind of official “statement,” but with some musings on the subject. There’s a lot to be said. I do not have the time to say it now, though. Maybe in my next blog, or the one after that… or maybe never, since work keeps piling up.

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them. (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them). Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip? Sure.

But there are only so many minutes in an episode (more on HBO than on the network shows I once wrote for), and only so many episodes in a season. Fewer and fewer as time goes by, it seems. When I was a boy, shows had 39 episodes a season. By the time I was writing for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, it was down to 22. Cable shrunk that even further. THE SOPRANOS had 13 episodes per season, but just a few years later, GAME OF THRONES had only 10 (and not even that, those last two seasons). If HOUSE OF THE DRAGON had 13 episodes per season, maybe we could have shown all the things we had to “time jump” over… though that would have risked having some viewers complain that the show was too “slow,” that “nothing happened.” As it is, I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale. (RINGS OF POWER has only 8, as you may have noticed, and my AMC show DARK WINDS is doing 6 episode seasons). I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

But right now, Ryan Condal’s focus is on HOT D season two, and mine is on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

Really relieved that Daeron, Alicent and Visery's youngest son, hasn't been cut, but has just been chilling down in Oldtown as a ward of the Hightowers. I haven't said anything in this thread about him since the show itself hasn't mentioned him yet, so it was an open question if he got cut...they show 4 bloodlines spilling out of Alicent in the title sequence but I guess they are treating him like GoT treated Stannis in season 1 of GoT, where he existed but was never shown. Sucks they couldn't work him in this season but def looking forward to him being introduced in season 2.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You usually open the door by mistake.

I am much stronger because of it and understand what it feels like to be spiritually weak and can totally pick up on the people who dabble in those arts and am strong enough to fight by myself (you’re never really alone if you’re a Believer), but I totally leaned into Christianity to get that strength.

There is EVIL in this world and I fully believe that there are spiritual dimensions/worlds that 99% of us can’t sense, but can be tapped into if you’re into that shyt. I’m staying far away. You are crazy if you think you can fully trust people who make it their business to talk to spirits and principalities, and you don’t know the intentions of those people or the spirits they connect with. Lmao

I witnessed someone being “ridden” by a spirit- basically welcoming possession. Never been so scared in my life. Some of these people are involved in wild shyt.
Fortunately for me, my mother put me on game when I was young. There’s a rack of things I won’t do or touch and people think I’m being superstitious or whatever but I just don’t take chances. I remember when I was dating my wife, one day she was complaining about how all this random unlucky shyt was happening to her all of a sudden. Apparently she dated a Jamaican dude before me that didn’t end well and I told her if she had anything of his in her apartment still to toss it. She threw out a towel she had and suddenly all the shyt fukking with her stopped.

Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe it wasn’t. We’ll never know though cause I’m not checking.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
ehhhhh the whole b*stard children thing is pretty bad as a royal I imagine. everybody else has to abide by the worlds rules to an extent and shes just like fukk all that.

shyt what did alicent do that was that bad then, she didn't order little femur to kill anyone he did that shyt of his own volition.
She’s actively being a hater tho. She’s all but admitted she hates Rhae cause Rhae got to do whatever she wanted while she suffered in silence being a whole fukking queen.

Whether Rhae has b*stards or not, she’s the direct heir, not her son Jace yet. And she now has a legitimate son anyway, so this idea that she’s stealing from Aegon isn’t really true anymore. You can explain how a lot of Alicent thoughts and feelings aren’t her fault and she’s been manipulated since a child, but she’s still doing alot imo.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Outside of the one who held the entire north down during winter and seceded from the south? :mjlol:
Sansa went against family multiple times.

Lied in favor of Joffrey against Arya.

Where Robb used to just troll/joke about Jon not being a Stark, Sansa really was on some you ain’t one of us type shyt.

You can attribute all this shyt to her being a teenager, but Robb couldn’t have been that much older and Arya was younger and neither moved like her.

When Jon has to fight the Boltons to take back the North, Sansa withholds valuable information from him.

When Jon is declared King of the North, you can see Sansa is envious of that shyt….and then later on Arya jokes about Sansa always wanting to be Lady of Winterfell/ruler.

And based on how Jon was thinking regarding how Ned raised them, even Sansa wanting Jon to break his words was not in line with how the Starks traditionally moved.

Even when she wasn’t under the duress of the Bolton’s or Lannister’s…Sansa showed she had a lot of snake to her that the audience just dismissed as her being a weak child.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
GRRM just released a blog post about HotD. He talks about time jumps and stuff for season 2 so I'm going to spoiler it just in case you don't want to know any production details that reveal future characters. He also says he thinks the show needs four seasons of 10 episodes to do the Dance justice.

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has helped brighten my Sundays as well. I mean, I cannot really review the show, that would be crazy, I am hardly objective… but I do want to commend Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik and the cast and crew for the work they’ve done. Sunday’s episode, “Lord of the Tides,” was everything I hoped it should be. Kudos to Eileen Shim, the scriptwriter, to Geeta Patel, the director, to our incredible cast… and particularly to Paddy Considine, for his portrayal of King Viserys, the First of His Name. The character he created (with Ryan and Sara and Ti and the rest of our writers) for the show is so much more powerful and tragic and fully-fleshed than my own version in FIRE & BLOOD that I am half tempted to go back and rip up those chapters and rewrite the whole history of his reign. Paddy deserves an Emmy for this episode alone. If he doesn’t get one, hey, there’s no justice. Meanwhile, I am going to give Archmaester Gyldayn a smack for leaving out so much good stuff.

(No, I am not really going to rewrite FIRE & BLOOD, that was a jape). ((And no, I am not going to assault Archmaester Glydayn, who does not actually exist. I made him up)).

There’s a lot more I would love to blog about, but I do not have the time…

There’s a website called THE WRAP that has a couple cool interviews with Ryan Condal, including one where he spoke about our supposed rivalry with RINGS OF POWER… which mostly exists in the media. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiI47jH99b6AhWVMDQIHeE0Cg4QFnoECA0QAQ&url=https://www.thewrap.com/house-of-the-dragon-rings-of-power-rivalry-ryan-condal/&usg=AOvVaw2s5NQfsv28MZaXoSiQOsWU

Ryan says pretty much the same thing I said in that interview with THE INDEPENDENT a few months back. Nothing would please him more than to see both shows succeed. Me too. I am a fantasy fan, and I want more fantasy on television, and nothing would accomplish that more than a couple of big hits. THE WITCHER, SHADOW & BONE, WHEEL OF TIME… and THE SANDMAN, a glorious adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s groundbreaking comic series… those are a good start, but I want more. I want Tad Williams, I want Joe Abercrombie, I want Patrick Rothfuss, I want a good adaptation of Le Guin’s Earthsea books, I want Alan Garner, I want Robin Hobb… oh, the list is long, I could go on and on… and would if I did not have a zillion other things to do. Most of all, I want Roger Zelazny’s NINE PRINCES IN AMBER. I will never understand why Corwin and his siblings are not starring in their own show. And hey, if epic fantasy continues to do well, maybe we will finally get that. A boy can dream.

I wanted to address the “time jumps” in the HOUSE OF THE DRAGON too. Not with any kind of official “statement,” but with some musings on the subject. There’s a lot to be said. I do not have the time to say it now, though. Maybe in my next blog, or the one after that… or maybe never, since work keeps piling up.

Very briefly, however, I think Ryan has handled the “jumps” very well, and I love love love both the younger Alicent and Rhaenyra and the adult versions, and the actresses who play them. (Truth be told, we have an incredible cast, and I love all of them). Do I wish we’d had more time to explore the relationship between Rhaenyra and Ser Harwin, the marriage of Daemon and Laena and their time in Pentos, the birth of various and sundry children (and YES, Alicent gave Viserys four children, three sons and a daughter, their youngest son Daeron is down in Oldtown, we just did not have the time to work him in this season), and everything else we had to skip? Sure.

But there are only so many minutes in an episode (more on HBO than on the network shows I once wrote for), and only so many episodes in a season. Fewer and fewer as time goes by, it seems. When I was a boy, shows had 39 episodes a season. By the time I was writing for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, it was down to 22. Cable shrunk that even further. THE SOPRANOS had 13 episodes per season, but just a few years later, GAME OF THRONES had only 10 (and not even that, those last two seasons). If HOUSE OF THE DRAGON had 13 episodes per season, maybe we could have shown all the things we had to “time jump” over… though that would have risked having some viewers complain that the show was too “slow,” that “nothing happened.” As it is, I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale. (RINGS OF POWER has only 8, as you may have noticed, and my AMC show DARK WINDS is doing 6 episode seasons). I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

But right now, Ryan Condal’s focus is on HOT D season two, and mine is on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

Really relieved that Daeron, Alicent and Visery's youngest son, hasn't been cut, but has just been chilling down in Oldtown as a ward of the Hightowers. I haven't said anything in this thread about him since the show itself hasn't mentioned him yet, so it was an open question if he got cut...they show 4 bloodlines spilling out of Alicent in the title sequence but I guess they are treating him like GoT treated Stannis in season 1 of GoT, where he existed but was never shown. Sucks they couldn't work him in this season but def looking forward to him being introduced in season 2.
“But right now, Ryan Condal’s focus is on HOT D season two, and mine is on THE WINDS OF WINTER.”

What a crock of shyt :stopitslime:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Sansa went against family multiple times.

Lied in favor of Joffrey against Arya.

Where Robb used to just troll/joke about Jon not being a Stark, Sansa really was on some you ain’t one of us type shyt.

You can attribute all this shyt to her being a teenager, but Robb couldn’t have been that much older and Arya was younger and neither moved like her.

When Jon has to fight the Boltons to take back the North, Sansa withholds valuable information from him.

When Jon is declared King of the North, you can see Sansa is envious of that shyt….and then later on Arya jokes about Sansa always wanting to be Lady of Winterfell/ruler.

And based on how Jon was thinking regarding how Ned raised them, even Sansa wanting Jon to break his words was not in line with how the Starks traditionally moved.

Even when she wasn’t under the duress of the Bolton’s or Lannister’s…Sansa showed she had a lot of snake to her that the audience just dismissed as her being a weak child.
Her entire arch was that she had to learn outside of home how to play this game and she did. The Stark way doesn’t work in the “Game of Thrones”, that’s why every single one of the men who led her house got clapped up at one point or another.

Last edited:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Her entire arch was that she had to learn outside of home how to play this game and she did. The Stark way doesn’t work in the “Game of Thrones”, that’s why every single one to the men who led her house got clapped up at one point or another.
I don’t dispute this point, but my original thing was all the Starks move honorably (which like you said will lead to you getting clapped up or sent to the wall).

Sansa does not move like the rest of them. Sansa was willing to go against family to play & win the game.

And now that I think of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they intentionally made her red headed as a play on all of this.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don’t dispute this point, but my original thing was all the Starks move honorably (which like you said will lead to you getting clapped up or sent to the wall).

Sansa does not move like the rest of them. Sansa was willing to go against family to play & win the game.

And now that I think of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they intentionally made her red headed as a play on all of this.
True. She’s the only one that took after the mom.

invalid

Banned
Daps
She’s actively being a hater tho. She’s all but admitted she hates Rhae cause Rhae got to do whatever she wanted while she suffered in silence being a whole fukking queen.

Whether Rhae has b*stards or not, she’s the direct heir, not her son Jace yet. And she now has a legitimate son anyway, so this idea that she’s stealing from Aegon isn’t really true anymore. You can explain how a lot of Alicent thoughts and feelings aren’t her fault and she’s been manipulated since a child, but she’s still doing alot imo.

She is being a hater. It's like she forgot that Rhae is the king's daughter. The king's daughter has more privileges than the daughter of a Lord. And can get away with a lot more. Alicent should be content that her stars aligned in becoming Queen and keep her mouth shut.

And Rhae's behavior is no different than any man in her position who would be fukking their way through Westeros. You think Daemon didn't? Hell we're already seeing it with Aegon.

I think if she exhibited a little bit more ruthlessness or dare I say derangement in her youth (like Alicent's sons right now), it would be more of a situation like Cersei's, those around her would fear speaking on it. No one really fears her in that crazy Targaryen way.

I hate to say it brehs but im starting to feel that there's a reason that in the GOT series, the Targs still got silver hair.:francis:

One side is highly favored to win this. :francis:

Viscerys kids with Alicent are technically half Targaryen.

Rhae's kids with Lord Strong are technically half Targaryen.

Rhae's kids with Daemon are full-blooded Targaryens. Only reason I'm Team Black. She redeemed herself with that. If we talk about who has the biggest right to the Targaryen throne right now, it's currently Aegeon and Viscerys.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
t31iQ7P.jpg