Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Now that I’m thinking about it , laenor had no choice but to roll with rhae and daemon’s plan. They wanted to get married and the only way was for him to die. He would have had to watch his back constantly if he refused, have had to sleep with one eye open or he could have snitched then who knows what happens

He gave up a lot to roll with their plan

In his mind he gained more. He's away from a society he can't be himself in, he's with someone he truly cares about, he can't do the thing he really wants to do which is be a warrior because he's got royal responsibilities and his sister (who probably was one of the few people he could talk to freely) is dead.

Dude was a liability to begin with getting him out the frame was the best move for all parties involved.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Jon grew into being a natural leader. He'd actually make a great king, which is part of the tragedy of his arc. The man most qualified both by deeds and by blood doesn't want it and won't get it.
He did all sorts of tough shyt for the sake of the greater good. He killed the Halfhand, he went undercover with the Wildlings, climbed the Wall then fought off people he became close too protect the realm, then invited those same people over when the greater threat was afoot. He's perhaps the only man who's got the respect of the wildlings, the North and the South and he was a dragonrider.
Not to mention he could squabble.

Jon perhaps might have been the only man in all of Westeros that actually WAS qualified to be king.
Damn man ain't enough curses to cast on Dumb and even more Dumber D&D. Ruined so many great characters - The Imp, Jamie Golden Glove, Sansa (by making her somehow Ellon Musk genius in 2 days), Arya but mostly Jon.

Damn. Jon was the literal definition of raised from the bottom, a real G with codes, respected the program, the OGs, won fades, you literally can't say anything bad about Jons resume before Season 8. He was a old school OG, like the ones actually leading and schooling his people.
How many OGs do we know THAT LITERALLY DIED FOR THE SET AND CAME BACK?
He would've been a GREAT KANG: BLOOD, POWER, RESPECT.

....and we got a voyeur, peeping tom, cripple King. Mannnn :pacspit:
Still tight about that ending. Still mad.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude was a liability to begin with getting him out the frame was the best move for all parties involved.

which is why I’m surprised rhae and especially daemon settled for this plan…if for any reason he decides to pop back up that opens up a whole fukking can of worms…there was no incentive to keep him alive unless maybe the writers are trying to convey rhae cared for him enough not to kill him or as I speculated in another thread maybe the writers didn’t want to kill off too many gay characters

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Damn man ain't enough curses to cast on Dumb and even more Dumber D&D. Ruined so many great characters - The Imp, Jamie Golden Glove, Sansa (by making her somehow Ellon Musk genius in 2 days), Arya but mostly Jon.

Damn. Jon was the literal definition of raised from the bottom, a real G with codes, respected the program, the OGs, won fades, you literally can't say anything bad about Jons resume before Season 8. He was a old school OG, like the ones actually leading and schooling his people.

It really is heart breaking.

And here's the thing imagine if season 8 was an actual season. We ended Season 7 with Winterfell and everything seems good. But then Dany's slowly loosing her grip as they inch closer to King's Landing. Missandei happens in like episode 3 then as they are on the brink of losing Jon rallies the men, they win the day and everyone lifts Jon to the status of King. At that point, Dany snaps and says "fukk it, if I can't have it no one can". Jon still kills Dany, Bran serves as Master of Whispers or Hand, Arya travels the world then comes back to assist Sansa in ruling the North. Bam the Starks win and Jon is left as the only Dragonrider in the world.

I could have written a better season in my sleep.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
which is why I’m surprised rhae and especially daemon settled for this plan…if for any reason he decides to pop back up that opens up a whole fukking can of worms…there was no incentive to keep him alive unless maybe the writers are trying to convey rhae cared for him enough not to kill him or as I speculated in another thread maybe the writers didn’t want to kill off too many gay characters…

I think Rhae still loved him in her own way. There's clearly a caring between them. I mean she even cared enough to propose the arraignment in the first place. Remember they are second cousins, so she probably been knew the boy was gay since they were little. They all came up in King's Landing. That in and of itself was not just politically prudent, but showed that she at least gave SOME thought to how he'd feel about it.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I think Rhae still loved him in her own way. There's clearly a caring between them. I mean she even cared enough to propose the arraignment in the first place. Remember they are second cousins, so she probably been knew the boy was gay since they were little. They all came up in King's Landing. That in and of itself was not just politically prudent, but showed that she at least gave SOME thought to how he'd feel about it.
They made it a point to say they grew up playing together and she already knew he liked "duck over goose" or whatever :mjlol:

Shame though, he was a decent fighter and Rhae looses a Dragonrider on her side.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They made it a point to say they grew up playing together and she already knew he liked "duck over goose" or whatever :mjlol:

Shame though, he was a decent fighter and Rhae looses a Dragonrider on her side.
Laena's daughter should be able to take her uncle's dragon

Y'all don't dracarys me if happens, literally just made that up :hubie:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Future writers. Please don’t try to subvert expectations or try to surprise people for the sake of surprising people. I know Jon becoming King was cliche but that should’ve been the ending or at the very least he needed to kill the Night King :pacspit: The whole point of Rhaegar running away with Lyanna is because there was a prophecy of the Northern houses and the Targaryens needing to have a child together to save humanity and not only did this muthafukka not become King, he didn’t even kill them, Arya did….and you can argue he didn’t rally the lords together, having Dany come through with her dragons may have been all that was needed to get everyone on the same page. They really made Jon irrelevant :pacspit:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Did they do a lot of time jumps because they weren't sure if they were going to get a Season 2? This shyt moving super fast. I know there are a lot of characters, but we don't really know the children's personalities, etc. Cause I'm sure a lot of this shyt hinges on them going forward since they're growing up so fast. I can't even tell who's who damn near.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Did they do a lot of time jumps because they weren't sure if they were going to get a Season 2? This shyt moving super fast.

it's been said that a lot of the material through the 1st 5 eps are stuff that Martin alluded to but the show expanded on... apparently the novel starts during the time period we are in now..

Why there's a time jump next ep.. i'm not sure. But basically we were originally not going to have the 1st 5 eps. of material but then HBO decided we needed it for more character development.

if anything HBO is doing more.. the novel is supposedly pretty short.