Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Pretty sure Joffrey called it Dance of the Dragons in the GoT episode people have talked about
Joffrey, Shireen, and Stannis all talked about The Dance in episodes of Game of Thrones. Seasons 3 and 5. Shireen had a big ass history book she was reading with Stannis in an episode literally called The Dance of Dragons, where they debated the Dance, talked about why it was called a Dance, and Stannis asked her if she would support Rhaenyra.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
What people don't seem to get is that everything you're seeing on screen right now was all going to be backstory when this show was pitched the first two times to HBO.

All of this comes from interviews and articles that have been put out by EW, Variety, and podcasts.

The first two writers (Carly Wray and then Bryan Cogman) that GRRM worked with on a Dance of the Dragons prequel pitch both wanted to start the series at the Dance. If that would have happened, literally everything you're seeing on screen right now would would have been shyt the characters would recount in exposition dumps.

"Remember when we fought in the Stepstones."

"Remember that time Rhaenyra married Laenor and Alicent wore Green and upstaged her."

"Remember that time Rhaenyra was made heir after her mom died in childbirth and Daemon made an heir for a day joke."

That was going to be the approach. There wasn't going to be a young Rhaenyra or young Alicent. There was only going to be the Dance.

Condal was the first and only writer that came to this project (well, he was handpicked by GRRM after the first two writers didn't pan out) and was willing to explore the period before the Dance because he was the only one willing to do the risky and difficult business of casting lead actors twice for the same character and committing to time jumps. Everyone else thought telling that many years worth of story, and going through multiple actors for characters would be a non-starter for a tv show adaptation.

And even then, Condal going into the project with the idea to start well before the other showrunners were going to start was a compromise with GRRM and HBO that would still allow the first season to get to the thing that sells the show. HBO was not going to greenlight a Dance of the Dragons show that doesn't feature the Dance of the Dragons.

So the options for this show was always either going to be enjoy as much of the pre-dance as you can with timeskips, which is what we are getting with House of the Dragon, or have the very first episode basically be the start of the Dance. There was never going to be multiple seasons of pre-dance only material.
Thank you bro, HBO saw this whole project as taking a big risk. GOT season 8 did not help.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I fukk with viserys :manny:

Not moved by money (didnt want to risk lives over sea snake profits)
Not a warmonger as much as people call him p*ssy they all obey his orders when he press the issue :ufdup:

Dude the only king in both series i seen that just wants to secure and better the kingdom as safely as possible by listening to all the houses to try to find solutions :ld:
He won me over, but it doesn't excuse looking away when the backbone of your navy is looking weak as fukk.

But when he said that he truly loves and wishes the best for his daughter, he clearly meant that shyt.

I respect that :wow:

Daps

This was one of my favorite scenes when they going at it and that punk fat usurper tells them to stop and the Hound immediately kneels causing him to miss the swing where the Mountain was aiming for his head. :wow:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
People must be from California man. Watching this show with the T.V. turned off to save energy.

yoooo....i'm dying @ the last 3 pages. yall suck. discourse in here gets a D+ compared to OG GOT threads :wow:

nikkas in here blatantly calling shyt that was in an episode a spoiler (realms delight) and missing key moments (ol no on screen death means he didnt die ass nikkas...meanwhile those who kept their eyes open see the queen literally stop the suicide)...whoo

michael-jordan-lol.gif

ok, i need to finish working lol

Really helps explain why some of these shows dumb themselves down so much. There's a decent chunk of people who can't pick up on shyt even when it's shoved in their face.
Thats why they have the behind the scenes after every episode :mjlol:

Pointed out that they had two characters SPELL OUT why Alicent wore a bright green dress and interrupted the king's speech.
Can you imagine if The Wire came out today?:mjlol:

Daps
I fukk with viserys :manny:

Not moved by money (didnt want to risk lives over sea snake profits)
Not a warmonger as much as people call him p*ssy they all obey his orders when he press the issue :ufdup:

Dude the only king in both series i seen that just wants to secure and better the kingdom as safely as possible by listening to all the houses to try to find solutions :ld:

I keep saying Vicerys is the best king we've seen on camera so far. Folks mad at him cause he don't wanna go to war and don't wanna kill a bunch of folks, but the prime directive of any good king should be to keep his people safe and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. He's doing pretty good right now.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

Pointed out that they had two characters SPELL OUT why Alicent wore a bright green dress and interrupted the king's speech.
"Wait, why are you guys saying they figured out how he shot her? That's a spoiler! All I saw was them go in that house and say fukk a whole lot" :troll:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

You dont need behind the scenes for that, hightower reps literally said it soon as she entered the room that green was for war

Now the question is why doesnt any of the other realms know/discuss this, even in whispers around the room? The king didnt pick up on this ? Hightower has used green for signs of war in the past according to the conversation so the others in the room should of picked up on it
Breh thank you for spelling this out. These boys keep talking about "the dance" like we all know what it even is :laff:
they referencing some obscure filler scene in game of thrones like we supposed to remember 100% of every dialogue in GoT from years ago. Lets be honest, only reason they even referencing that Stannis and his daughter is because they are probably reading spoilers and thats whats referenced in there.

Joffrey, Shireen, and Stannis all talked about The Dance in episodes of Game of Thrones. Seasons 3 and 5. Shireen had a big ass history book she was reading with Stannis in an episode literally called The Dance of Dragons, where they debated the Dance, talked about why it was called a Dance, and Stannis asked her if she would support Rhaenyra.
Theirs 0% chance you remembered some filler scene about a fukking book between Stannis and Shireen without reading spoilers from another site / thread/ youtube that also referenced it back to this series. Its corny to even discuss it in this thread honestly.

"Its your guys fault for not remembering 100% of the dialogue between 100% of the characters from 5+ years ago that wasnt even a main scene but just filler talk" :troll:

Theres just no way to watch these first 5 episodes and think ":gladbron: This reminds me of the convo between Stannis and Shireen when she was reading a book that lasted like 1 minute of screen time :gladbron: "

yall skipping ahead :camby:

edit: just typed "Stannis and Shireen Dance of Dragons" in youtube, sure enough the highest recommended video is literally labeld "House of Dragon Teaser by Shireen Baratheon" from 4 months ago, get the fukk out of here, yall just proved @CHICAGO right :laff: damn can yall just let us enjoy this going blind into it :dahell:

"watch what happens next" :troll: a lot in this thread, why do yall know what happens next? Cause you read the books or you watched all the teasers/spoilers on youtube, from months ago. That shyt corny man

Last edited:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
(...)Laenor Velaryon was now nineteen years of age yet had never shown any interest in women. Instead he surrounded himself with handsome squires of his own age and was said to prefer their company. But Grand Maester Mellos dismissed this concern out of hand. “What of it?” he is supposed to have said. “I am not fond of fish, but when fish is served, I eat it.” Thus was the match decided.

- The Rogue Prince

:mjlol:
Seasmoke don't fly over Harlem :dame: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
You dont need behind the scenes for that, hightower reps literally said it soon as she entered the room that green was for war

Now the question is why doesnt any of the other realms know/discuss this, even in whispers around the room? The king didnt pick up on this ? Hightower has used green for signs of war in the past according to the conversation so the others in the room should of picked up on it
That was my point, the creators of the show put that in there for the slow folks who barely pay attention.

That conversation was strictly for the audience.