Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This a show that done killed kids, pregnant women, gouged Oberyn’s eyes out, burned entire cities, cut off Missandei’s head :mjcry:, killed the main character, his son and his wife, put a sword through a Martell prince’s head, fed Lord Frey’s family to him and had Theon tortured for seasons while Sansa got raped but they think gay people are above getting that work :ufdup:
Lmao exactly. Bad shyt happens to any and everyone in Westeros. It is what it is.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So here's some news. People were wondering if we'd ever see another show that could capture the nation the way the later seasons of Game of Thrones did and the answer: yeah.. another Game of Thrones show. Remember when people were "not gonna watch" .. that was all cap :mjlol:

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So here's some news. People were wondering if we'd ever see another show that could capture the nation the way the later seasons of Game of Thrones did and the answer: yeah.. another Game of Thrones show. Remember when people were "not gonna watch" .. that was all cap :mjlol:

And they'll be back for whatever Kit Harrington is working on too. When that comes it'll shatter records and people will watch it every single week and still complain about it.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Always cap.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They should’ve stretched these episodes out. This could’ve been Episode 9 (usually the oh shyt episode in GOT). That would’ve gave time for the Criston Cole plot to flesh itself out + Daemon’s subplot in the Vale with his wife. There’s no reason to rush :heh: Could’ve had an entire season with young Rhaenyra.
It honestly makes no sense to me. The time jumps are giving me whiplash and this first season could have explored things in much more detail like you said. I like the show but it’s a weird narrative choice to go so fast when that was the major complaint about how GOT ended.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Forgot to mention bytcherys. Fight breaks out and he just sitting in the chair squirming.

We saw how Bobby handles shyt.

Even Tommen wouldn't let that shyt slide b

:hhh: : Don't even know where his daughter is. Hand of the king gotta save her and shyt. His voice don't command no type of respect. Let that little girl come late and interrupt his speech. :hhh:

Nobody would do that type of shyt to daemon.
full

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It honestly makes no sense to me. The time jumps are giving me whiplash and this first season could have explored things in much more detail like you said. I like the show but it’s a weird narrative choice to go so fast when that was the major complaint about how GOT ended.
What people don't seem to get is that everything you're seeing on screen right now was all going to be backstory when this show was pitched the first two times to HBO.

All of this comes from interviews and articles that have been put out by EW, Variety, and podcasts.

The first two writers (Carly Wray and then Bryan Cogman) that GRRM worked with on a Dance of the Dragons prequel pitch both wanted to start the series at the Dance. If that would have happened, literally everything you're seeing on screen right now would would have been shyt the characters would recount in exposition dumps.

"Remember when we fought in the Stepstones."

"Remember that time Rhaenyra married Laenor and Alicent wore Green and upstaged her."

"Remember that time Rhaenyra was made heir after her mom died in childbirth and Daemon made an heir for a day joke."

That was going to be the approach. There wasn't going to be a young Rhaenyra or young Alicent. There was only going to be the Dance.

Condal was the first and only writer that came to this project (well, he was handpicked by GRRM after the first two writers didn't pan out) and was willing to explore the period before the Dance because he was the only one willing to do the risky and difficult business of casting lead actors twice for the same character and committing to time jumps. Everyone else thought telling that many years worth of story, and going through multiple actors for characters would be a non-starter for a tv show adaptation.

And even then, Condal going into the project with the idea to start well before the other showrunners were going to start was a compromise with GRRM and HBO that would still allow the first season to get to the thing that sells the show. HBO was not going to greenlight a Dance of the Dragons show that doesn't feature the Dance of the Dragons.

So the options for this show was always either going to be enjoy as much of the pre-dance as you can with timeskips, which is what we are getting with House of the Dragon, or have the very first episode basically be the start of the Dance. There was never going to be multiple seasons of pre-dance only material.

Last edited:

leoc

All Star
Daps
This a show that done killed kids, pregnant women, gouged Oberyn’s eyes out, burned entire cities, cut off Missandei’s head :mjcry:, killed the main character, his son and his wife, put a sword through a Martell prince’s head, fed Lord Frey’s family to him and had Theon tortured for seasons while Sansa got raped but they think gay people are above getting that work :ufdup:

that shyt was fukked up and straight outta left field:picard:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What an episode :wow:
What a season so far :wow: 8-9/10 for me so far :wow:

Im also on the side here that the time warps are a little too much. I dont know about having the crab people as end game of this season, but that felt underwhelming for sure.

On a side note, is anyone else having a hard time remembering these character names compared to other shows/GoT? Like the names of the characters arent sticking? Ive never had this issue with any other show. Reading this thread i often ask myself “wait who is that again?” And then have to remember from the scene description

Just ignore the twitter outrage about the gay guy dying, that shyt insufferable

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Viserys whole reign is literally :martin:
I fukk with viserys :manny:

Not moved by money (didnt want to risk lives over sea snake profits)
Not a warmonger as much as people call him p*ssy they all obey his orders when he press the issue :ufdup:

Dude the only king in both series i seen that just wants to secure and better the kingdom as safely as possible by listening to all the houses to try to find solutions :ld:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Looks like that King's Landing Plan B Morning After Potion don't work on Targaryen wombs...Cole been spraying up her chambers with reckless abandon and making Laenor take that L....

Maybe he couldn't perform with Rhaenyra...

Maester Povich definitely gonna be doing paternity tests on the next episode...
They didnt show her drink it, i dont think she took it