Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What does this have to do with what GRRM told them about how to end the story?

I'm sorry all this paints a nice picture but this idea that we know exactly how this show crumbled is bullshyt. . D&D were big shots getting all these other opportunities so they just burned through the show with no fukks given. Its a nice neat narrative that gives us obvious figures to hate but the reality is things probably didn't go exactly like that. So we should stop talking about these things like they 100% happenend in whatever way makes us feel good.
GRRM said he told them himself

"Well, to a degree. I mean, I think … the major points of the ending will be things that I told them, you know, five or six years ago," Martin said. "But there may also be changes, and there’ll be a lot added."

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've said themselves that they veered off, and Martin has said the ending is different. Some things are the same, like Bran being king. But just based on where the books are going a lot of that shyt ain't happening. They took a short cut and it cost them. I get they didn't want to squeeze out 1-2 more seasons and doing various things Martin is doing (Euron becoming the next major villain, Dorne potentially siding with Aegon against Dany, etc). But they really have no excuse for what they did. Could have easily just fleshed out those last two seasons, made each 10 episodes and even if it still landed where it did I think people would have liked it more. Fleshing out Dany's madness for instance. Making the final battle between the Lannisters and Targ army feel like more than an epilogue after the big Winterfell battle with the Nights King. Speaking of that nikka...giving him more time to cook instead of everything ending in one night with Arya murking him.
Spot on.

Not only did they drop the ball not fleshing out Dany’s heel turn (something they fukked up so bad they felt they had to have a voiceover in the episode recap before The Bells ep to literally tell the audience that Targs are sometimes prone to insanity) and killed the night king way too soon but they also neglected their characters.

They dumbed down Varys and Littlefinger, turned Dany, Arya and Sansa into monotone bots with zero charisma. Sansa especially should have learned from Littlefinger and had been charming and manipulative. A Sansa that is using what she learned from Littlefinger and Cersei would have made Dany think they were best friends the whole time instead of straight up being a c*nt to the most powerful woman on the planet and most important ally. They really sapped the charisma out of a lot of characters and wrote season 7/8 like a marvel movie. Corny jokes and action scenes.

This series looks to be a return to the earlier seasons. We’ll see. But I can tell you right now Sapochnik is a beast and GRRM loves Ryan Condal so I’m optimistic.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The best shyt about GoT was the political intrique and power plays at King's Landing. This show looks like it focuses heavily on that kinda stuff so i'm all the way in.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those weren't their characters to begin with though.
So what? :gucci:

Weird ass take when most of these other good adaptations of existing characters are written by showrunners who didn’t create the character

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Comic-Con Extended Trailer | House of the Dragon (HBO)

Last edited:
Daps
There was a time when this thread would have been dozens of pages deep just over the mere mention of a trailer.

GOT fell awwwfff.

Can House of the Dragon restore the feeling? :lupe:

Seems like a lot of brehs are taking the attitude of wait and see.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
There was a time when this thread would have been dozens of pages deep just over the mere mention of a trailer.

GOT fell awwwfff.

Can House of the Dragon restore the feeling? :lupe:

Seems like a lot of brehs are taking the attitude of wait and see.

There's another thread on here that is many pgs deep about the show. Once it hits, I'm sure things will pop off again.