Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
There was a time when this thread would have been dozens of pages deep just over the mere mention of a trailer.

GOT fell awwwfff.

Can House of the Dragon restore the feeling? :lupe:

Seems like a lot of brehs are taking the attitude of wait and see.
Not sure why
This show is not like AGOT where the author of the books abandoned the show post season 5 and made up an original ending based on nothing
House of the Dragon is based on a history book
The only thing the show is diverging from the book on is the clear biases by the maesters and septons and not including impartial sources like mushroom

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Not sure why
This show is not like AGOT where the author of the books abandoned the show post season 5 and made up an original ending based on nothing
House of the Dragon is based on a history book
The only thing the show is diverging from the book on is the clear biases by the maesters and septons and not including impartial sources like mushroom
I hope my guy mushroom is in season 2, but dont think they will go that route tbh cause they dont have to.

The people on the outside thinking GOT season 7/8 wont make them come back for this, but I have the upmost faith in Ryan Condal…guy is a super fan and Colony was dope. Even the little touches like the king bleeding while sitting on the throne are there. Really looking forward to this playing out over the next couple of years.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Can’t wait to hear what Ramin da GAWD Djawadi has in store for us. :wow:

I gotta say, I was disappointed with his Eternals' score. Nothing grabbed me with it. Can't remember any of the themes or leitmotifs like I can with Ironman, GOT and Westworld. I can just start humming shyt from those scores outta nowhere. Not the case with Eternals. He'll be back in his element tho with Game of Thrones.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
First ep sounds good. Super curious to see how they do filler or side stories. GOT has some wack storylines at times but for the most part in the early seasons, every story felt important. You had King's Landing intrigue, Jon Snow/Nights Watch/The Wall, then you'd go to Dany etc etc. All doing things, advancing plots, etc.

I hope the show quickly introduces other houses and takes us back to Winterfell for instance. To see how similar AND different the older Starks were compared to Ned/Robb/etc. And how they went from kind of just being aloof/distant from the politics of the realm to major players in the war (and aftermath).

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
... only thing that is throwing me is that this is supposed to take place 300 before game of thrones? They should be primitive as fukk then. Like no real advancements in technology happened in that span? :mjtf:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
... only thing that is throwing me is that this is supposed to take place 300 before game of thrones? They should be primitive as fukk then. Like no real advancements in technology happened in that span? :mjtf:
Same as in the real world read up in the Dark Ages.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No. It happens about 170 years ago.

Its goes Dany/Viserys/Rhaegar (our show's timeline) -> Aerys II (the Mad King) -> Jaehaerys (forces Aerys to marry his sister to birth Rhaegar/Jon/TPTWP because of a vision) -> Aegon V (from the Dunk & Egg books, old ass Aemon's brother who was at the Wall with Jon Snow) -> Meakar (irrelevant) -> Aerys (irrelevant) -> Daeron II (united Dorne with Westeros, Aegon IV thought he was soft) -> Aegon IV (the Westeros version of Henry VIII) -> Viserys (irrelevant) -> Daeron (basically Alexander the Great) and Baelor (basically Moses of Westeros) -> Aegon III (basically the equivalent of James I/VI, son of Mary, Queen of Scots) -> Aegon II/Rhaenyra (where House of Dragons takes place...its basically a fantasy rewrite of Queen Elizabeth vs. Mary, Queen of Scots)

This show takes place around the bolded.

Its not that far back.

The show takes place in 300 A.C.

The Dance of Dragons happens in 129 A.C. to 131 A.C.

Thats like going from 1400 to 1600 in our history, from the Yorks/Lancasters to James becoming King of England. Not much changed in that period either.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. It happens about 170 years ago.

Its goes Dany/Viserys/Rhaegar (our show's timeline) -> Aerys II (the Mad King) -> Jaehaerys (forces Aerys to marry his sister to birth Rhaegar/Jon/TPTWP because of a vision) -> Aegon V (from the Dunk & Egg books, old ass Aemon's brother who was at the Wall with Jon Snow) -> Meakar (irrelevant) -> Aerys (irrelevant) -> Daeron II (united Dorne with Westeros, Aegon IV thought he was soft) -> Aegon IV (the Westeros version of Henry VIII) -> Viserys (irrelevant) -> Daeron (basically Alexander the Great) and Baelor (basically Moses of Westeros) -> Aegon III (basically the equivalent of James I/VI, son of Mary, Queen of Scots) -> Aegon II/Rhaenyra (where House of Dragons takes place...its basically a fantasy rewrite of Queen Elizabeth vs. Mary, Queen of Scots)

This show takes place around the bolded.

Its not that far back.

The show takes place in 300 A.C.

The Dance of Dragons happens in 129 A.C. to 131 A.C.

Thats like going from 1400 to 1600 in our history, from the Yorks/Lancasters to James becoming King of England. Not much changed in that period either.
Okay 170 sounds more reasonable.