Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What major plot points were they given? What layout was given? Can you give me specifics?

The idea that GRRM gave them some sort of complete vision that they botched is baseless speculation that does nothing but excuse GRRM's laziness/ineptitude.
he just gave you specifics and you are asking for specifics :mjlol:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
@itsyoung!! Since you negged me ,:mjlol:I'll hold the mirror up one more time, theory junky.

If youre into fan theories thats actually a 250 year old Red Priestess that is rumored to be only one to successfully sail across the ocean West to East (Arya arc dead already :bryan: ) and became a Red Priest in Asshai upon arrival to survive

Who was she rumored to be before?

The lady who stole 3 eggs from Dragonstone to fund her trip. She sold these 3 eggs to someone in Braavos

250 years ago

The Targs thought the eggs would turn to stone because they werent near the heat of Dragonstone.

Who gave Dany her eggs? A guy from Braavos. Said they were 3 eggs turned to stone, as a present.

Thats why the Red Priestess she met was so interested in seeing the dragons in Essos because it was the 3 eggs she stole 250 years ago to fund her trip from Westeros to Essos. She even discovered and named 3 islands after Targ Set

I was way too invested in this show to even know this :damn: fukk D&D :damn:

Gonna be another great series that idiots ultimately ruin for themselves with fan theories.

:wow:
:unimpressed:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
What does any of what I posted have to do with Season 8 being some of the worst shyt to ever air on TV :unimpressed:

So you enjoyed season 8? Give us a direct answer.
I loved Season 7 and 8. Game of Thrones is my #1 show of all time. The last two seasons had production values never before seen in a TV series.

:sas1:

Why are you here for a spinoff to some of the worst shyt to ever air on TV?

:sas2:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already mentioned Mad Queen Dany and Bran being king Hold the door is another one. These are all specifically from Grrm to D&D. You're gonna have to do your own research like everybody else I'm not about to give you a PowerPoint presentation because you decide to be pedantic :mjlol:

And y'all always make this same conflation. Nobody is excusing Grrm. Nikkas been on his ass about not finishing them books but the books being unfinished is no excuse for the unprofessional way D&D gave up and ruined the show in the last two seasons

And like I said in an earlier post the real issues with the show began as early as season 4 and there was more than enough book material at that point

D&D and GRRM are to blame for two different reasons

So you know exactly what GRRM told them? You were in the room? You have the manuscripts? Or you just read a fukking interview and decided this only truth and nothing else matters.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does any of what I posted have to do with Season 8 being some of the worst shyt to ever air on TV :unimpressed:

So you enjoyed season 8? Give us a direct answer.

When I asked for specficis I don't mean vague references from a GRRM interview I mean literally what did he tell about the ending, and the other main points. If none of you niccas was in that room and you've only heard an interview from one side of the story you probably shouldn't be talking in absolutes like you know exactly what was told to them and what wasn't.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I loved Season 7 and 8. Game of Thrones is my #1 show of all time. The last two seasons had production values never before seen in a TV series.

:sas1:

Why are you here for a spinoff to some of the worst shyt to ever air on TV?

:sas2:
Not same writers. Ill give it a shot

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
When I asked for specficis I don't mean vague references from a GRRM interview I mean literally what did he tell about the ending, and the other main points. If none of you niccas was in that room and you've only heard an interview from one side of the story you probably shouldn't be talking in absolutes like you know exactly what was told to them and what wasn't.
Its not exactly a secret HBO offered D&D more seasons for game of thrones and they wanted to rush through it to start working on Star Wars..

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not exactly a secret HBO offered D&D more seasons for game of thrones and they wanted to rush through it to start working on Star Wars..

What does this have to do with what GRRM told them about how to end the story?

I'm sorry all this paints a nice picture but this idea that we know exactly how this show crumbled is bullshyt. . D&D were big shots getting all these other opportunities so they just burned through the show with no fukks given. Its a nice neat narrative that gives us obvious figures to hate but the reality is things probably didn't go exactly like that. So we should stop talking about these things like they 100% happenend in whatever way makes us feel good.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
GRRM wrote a few new stories to pad out the history for this show
If anything besides Martin having severe writers block the focus on the shows and padding them out more has lead to TWOW taking forever to come out

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nikkas gotta stop with this rhetoric

D&D wasn't making shyt up out of thin air. GRRM has always known how the story ends and gave them the layout

The last two seasons were so bad because

1. D&Ds character favoritism started ruining the show as early as season 4. The cracks got irreversible as the seasons went on

2. By season 7/8 D&D gave up. They became the hottest writers in the game and stop caring about Game Of Thrones to chase future opportunities. They counted their chickens

The conclusion that you saw on TV came out of GRRMs head. It's the execution of that conclusion that destroyed the show

They've said themselves that they veered off, and Martin has said the ending is different. Some things are the same, like Bran being king. But just based on where the books are going a lot of that shyt ain't happening. They took a short cut and it cost them. I get they didn't want to squeeze out 1-2 more seasons and doing various things Martin is doing (Euron becoming the next major villain, Dorne potentially siding with Aegon against Dany, etc). But they really have no excuse for what they did. Could have easily just fleshed out those last two seasons, made each 10 episodes and even if it still landed where it did I think people would have liked it more. Fleshing out Dany's madness for instance. Making the final battle between the Lannisters and Targ army feel like more than an epilogue after the big Winterfell battle with the Nights King. Speaking of that nikka...giving him more time to cook instead of everything ending in one night with Arya murking him.