Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
... only thing that is throwing me is that this is supposed to take place 300 before game of thrones? They should be primitive as fukk then. Like no real advancements in technology happened in that span? :mjtf:

It's closer to 170 years as has been said. Also gotta keep in mind a couple things about technology. Weather wise you've got a situation where winter can last years, even decades. That alone would retard a lot of technological advances. The second issue is the maesters working to stifle magic - the most potent technology. Valaryia was more advanced than Westeros before it fell. They didn't have long winters and had full access to magic/dragons.

The show didn't really focus much on it but like when Tyrion is traveling to Dany he sees shyt that is just better than Westeros. They had paved roads like we do in the modern world. Yet Westeros can't figure it out, besides "dragons did it."

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
yeah so all arya scenes post S4 are getting skipped in my rewatch. sorry.

:yeshrug:

also the sparrow subplot was a fukking mistake.

Last edited:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
ya each week I’m getting more amped lmao

*edit*

just finished watching that clip…despite my complaints about the latter seasons this show provided so many TRULY epic moments :wow:
Even though season 7 had some wack shyt I still enjoyed it at the time. It seemed like it was just a setup for some epic shyt to come in season 8. :mjcry:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
cacs mad they made the velayrons black, but don't know grrm originally wanted to make the targaryens and everyone from valyria black before deciding against it.

this is much better than the alternative of all black people in the game of thrones universe being confined neatly into the Summer islands and absolutely nowhere else.

WorldofIceandFire.png

this was a necessary rectification. they literally want a world where all black people live within those tiny little specs at the bottom of the world that don't even show up on most maps for the series. all the rest of the world with those cool ass exotic looking names? Spicy cacs and asians.