Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How were the writers clueless? They were stuck effectively making fan fiction after a certain point. That's how it goes when an unfinished series gets adapted and the original writer isn't likely to ever finish the original work.
How were they not, anybody competent enough as a writer is not doing what they did to the characters of Tyrion, dani and Jaime

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks boring

No eye candy either. The lead actress is a 30 year old plain Jane. Reminds me of wheel of time where all of the actors are unremarkable looking or downright ugly. People forget that a big part of the appeal of GoT was the titillation (Emilia Clarke getting naked in the first episode)
I think the show will be good, but yes the main girl looks wack as fukk. They should have put white hair on Olivia Cook and made her the main girl.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Is the lead up interesting???
I hear that'll be the whole 1st season.
I loved how Game of Thrones kicked it off immediately.
After that 1st episode I was like yea this is going to be crazy.
If you’re into political intrigue, then yeah, definitely. We should also be getting some good battles this season, since we’re going to get the War for the Stepstones.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Is the lead up interesting???
I hear that'll be the whole 1st season.
I loved how Game of Thrones kicked it off immediately.
After that 1st episode I was like yea this is going to be crazy.

Yes. The danger in my eyes is they likely have to create a lot of new side content in order to introduce characters and get the ball moving. But the actual plot is interesting and will appeal to people. There's going to be a LOT of betrayal in this, and multiple major battles. You get the OG Cersei Lannister (Alicent Hightower). Daemon Targaryen is one of the most badass characters in the entire history of Game Of Thrones/ASOIAF. Corlys Velaryon, The Sea Snake (black guy in the trailers) is the richest man in Westeros and badass. There are a couple events that are Red Wedding-esque - they don't match it, but are certainly major moments people will talk about.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How were the writers clueless? They were stuck effectively making fan fiction after a certain point. That's how it goes when an unfinished series gets adapted and the original writer isn't likely to ever finish the original work.
Nikkas gotta stop with this rhetoric

D&D wasn't making shyt up out of thin air. GRRM has always known how the story ends and gave them the layout

The last two seasons were so bad because

1. D&Ds character favoritism started ruining the show as early as season 4. The cracks got irreversible as the seasons went on

2. By season 7/8 D&D gave up. They became the hottest writers in the game and stop caring about Game Of Thrones to chase future opportunities. They counted their chickens

The conclusion that you saw on TV came out of GRRMs head. It's the execution of that conclusion that destroyed the show

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

HBO Max has announced everything coming to the platform this August, including the debut of HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (8/21), based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood.” In addition, all eight seasons of the HBO hit GAME OF THRONES arrive on HBO Max in 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on the ad-free plan and supported devices. New episodes of HOUSE OF THE DRAGON will also debut in these advanced formats.