Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Fellas I got a question. Without telling me the whole story.
How are they stretching this out for a bunch of seasons?
Are the battles in the same area and how does the war last for years because of that?
In Game of Thrones everybody was spread out during the war but in
this I thought all the Targs were either at Kings Landing or Dragonstone?
On top of everybody having Dragons. It seems like this could've been settled over
a weekend.
They're not stretching this at all. There is a lot that goes on during the Dance of Dragons, and there were a lot of major players in it who weren't Targaryens. Plus, they're covering the years that led up to it, and there's enough interesting stuff in the Fire and Blood novel to do a whole season on the aftermath of the war as well. It's hard to say more without spoiling, but its a good thing we're getting more seasons than less.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I hope you’re not insinuating the last seasons response was just due to people’s theories running wild and not to do with clueless writers running 7 years worth of buildup into the ground :patrice:
How were the writers clueless? They were stuck effectively making fan fiction after a certain point. That's how it goes when an unfinished series gets adapted and the original writer isn't likely to ever finish the original work.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn that S1 trailer looks good…wonder exactly when this takes place in relation to the GoT timeline

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Can't wait
Need to reread The Princess and the queen story and a few other books before asoiaf main books

Only downside for this show is that its probably going to be a short 3 seasons or something

waynep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're not stretching this at all. There is a lot that goes on during the Dance of Dragons, and there were a lot of major players in it who weren't Targaryens. Plus, they're covering the years that led up to it, and there's enough interesting stuff in the Fire and Blood novel to do a whole season on the aftermath of the war as well. It's hard to say more without spoiling, but its a good thing we're getting more seasons than less.
Is the lead up interesting???
I hear that'll be the whole 1st season.
I loved how Game of Thrones kicked it off immediately.
After that 1st episode I was like yea this is going to be crazy.