Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone ever heard that theory that cersei and Jamie were actually aegon targaryen's children? And that Tyrion was tywins only legitimate child?

Like basically aegon was screwing tywin's wife behind his back and that's why his children were so beautiful and whatnot compared to Tyrion.

I heard that theory tossed around during the OG series…some used it as a way to “explain” their incestuous behavior

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Anyone ever heard that theory that cersei and Jamie were actually aegon targaryen's children? And that Tyrion was tywins only legitimate child?

Like basically aegon was screwing tywin's wife behind his back and that's why his children were so beautiful and whatnot compared to Tyrion.
Heard that and the reverse where Tyrion was actually a Targ and possibly the prince that was promised :mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The show has mentioned Maegor The Cruel a few times and even had Otto say that Daemon would be another Maegor if he came into real power but it really hit me this episode how much Daemon is emulating Maegor.

This isn't spoilers, it's all backstory about Maegor, who ruled before Jaehaerys, but I'll spoiler it anyway.

Maegor took multiple wives in Valyrian tradition which caused an uprising from the faith. And one of the wives he took in a power move to consolidate power was his niece. Both things Daemon wanted to do in this episode. But where it really clicked for me is Maegor got his stripes from going to war in the Stepstones to fight off pirates, while his older brother was looking like food.

Both Viseys and Daemon are always looking to history to guide them on how they should act, but when Daemon references returning the House of the Dragon to glory, I think he is taking his cues more from Maegor even more than he is the Conqueror.

And in-universe you can see why Viserys, The Hightowers, and damn near every other Lord that lived through or heard about Maegor's reign would be terrified at the thought of Daemon being another Maegor, and why they are trying hard not to empower him. Maegor was alive in living memory, so he's the boogyman to the characters in this time period the way The Mad King was to the characters in Game of Thrones.

I think the big difference is Daemon seems to love his brother, where Maegor probably didn't love his brother.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Daemon is probably the most interesting character on the show

His level of sociopath is pretty good at playing it straight
the emotional and verbal abuse he is subjecting viserys and rhaenyra to is mostly held in check by the small affection he has for them but he will also not be above using them like in this episode to gain power.

Man made this huge elaborate plan just to lower Rhaenyra station and force viserys to marry them and he got the added benefit of Otto being fired

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Daemon ain’t shyt with that plan to bring down rhae a level or two

Little Blackwood caught a body :leon:

Rhae is a good actress, I think the actress portrays her well. A shame a time skip is coming soon (not a spoiler since everyone has been mentioning this)

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Viserys actor is killing it :ohlawd:

The best scene was him and bro clowning the fukk out of Alicent and her curtains:pachaha:
Vis is starting to resent Alicent and vice-versa. He's realizing she took advantage of his vulnerability when he was mourning Rhaes mom and she is starting to have her own ambitions about the throne. She called the Targaryen family queer during her argument with Rhae and now that her dad got fired she has no leash.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Yep lol

l-intro-1613077356.jpg
Thank you for reminding me I'm :flabbynsick:
Remember that movie like it was yesterday

Daps
Reppin
South London
That Blackwood/Bracken hate for one another…

“Some beef is everlasting” - :ahh:, 2001.

My guy got poked then spat up blood when he could of just kept quiet.

“That was the end of his chapter” - :ahh:, 2001

Anyways, liked the episode although I thought there was a slight drop in quality. Viserys has got that leprosy man, he’s deteriorating baddd. Them maesters can’t do shyt, it’s a matter of time. Paddy Considine doing a good job. He was quality in one BBC drama called Informer, check it out brehs.

I’m ready for the major time jump and change of actors now.