Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No hate, but rhaenyra's mouth shape is distracting (in a bad way). It shouldn't matter, but she strange looking.:yeshrug:

She looks like a goat :scust:

Fcc5n5OX0AEg7jk

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Is it safe to say rhaenyra forced herself on Sir Criston on some sexual harassment type shyt?

Dude very clearly said no and didn't look too enthused at first but she kept on forcing it just because her little coochie was hot and bothered.
She's in a position of power and he couldn't say no if he wanted but Twitter is going gloss over that.

I remember a Law and Order episode where they said male arousal can not be taken as an affirmation.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
You do realize the little spy actually was Daemon's side pieces?

She's the one that leaked it to Otto.
Easy...
In one scene, they showed a 2.
Another scene, a +
Yet another, another 2
Later, they showed an =
And finally, 4

But they never said 2+2=4

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is it safe to say rhaenyra forced herself on Sir Criston on some sexual harassment type shyt?

Dude very clearly said no and didn't look too enthused at first but she kept on forcing it just because her little coochie was hot and bothered.
she 100% abused her position of power to pressure a subordinate into sex :mjgrin: #girlboss

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I wondered how the show would handle this aspect, and how much "hand holding" they would do. But they've pretty much went with the approach shows like The Wire have done. Either you caught the name mentioned or made the connection or you didn't, they are moving right along and not stopping to point it out or explain it. It's def a choice. One that I kind of respect, but I can see how others might find it frustrating.

Every one on the council has been mentioned by name.
It's not about holding my hand, their names don't matter since they don't contribute anything to the storyline. Saying one line every two episodes doesn't allow them to be anything more than one dimensional and not significant enough for me to remember their names.

Rhaenyra has absolutely had character development. But the development isn't her growing into what others are telling her she should be, it's her becoming more and more like her uncle, succumbing more and more to his brand of Targaryen exceptionalism, with every episode featuring an escalation of what she tries and succeeds in getting away with. Her taking what she wants, forcing a KG to break his sacred vows, lying about it on her mothers grave, and getting the hand dismissed over it, is development. And even her best friends sees this as something she would not have done in episode 1 when they were gossiping about the loose women in the court and her only sins as a princess were being late and defacing books.
I understand that development goes both ways, however I don't see much of it with her. She's wanted to be the queen since episode one but hasn't made a single move to secure it, lying to keep her spot is not much of a development. She's in small council meetings but does zero scheming, she's had convo with Rheanys but made nothing out of it, she didn't go out to the whorehouse out of her own volition to cause ruckus but was fooled into it by Daemon. She didn't force Criston to fukk out of cruelty but because she came back home horny from a brothel.

Her character's just going along for the ride so far, only move she's made is demanding Otto's firing and even that was reactionary.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caught up, by far the weakest episode imo, can't think of any scenes except for maybe Daemon arriving at court that excelled beyond just OK.

Raenyra was way too submissive to Alicent as well, that seemed like a weird choice.
Easily the worst of the episodes so far. This episode was basically a subsidy for the bigger budget episodes we’ve seen