Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
You the karen breh :dead:
Hell yea. ASOIAF stands for the origibal books, not the series. Guys in there were going back in forth with spoilers on some

“Wait til they see this brehhh”
“Na, wait for this”
“This is the best part”

I got like 4 spoilers in 3 posts skimmin the thread for 15 seconds.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
How old is Rhaenayra supposed to be? I saw that in the book when Alicent marries the King, that Rhae is 9. Therefore would be 13 now

:hhh:

The scenes involving her and Daemon went on way too long. They always soft peddling pedo shyt in Euro-centric medieval pieces.

And the show runners trying pass this shyt off as woman empowerment, foh.

:mjlol::what: And the King was more pissed with Daemon about sullying the royal name and Rhae’s image….than the fact that his brother trying fukk his 13 year old daughter. Wild as it sounds tho, that part is probably true to life, regardless of race.:francis:

I mean in real life, up until like the 1900s...the age of consent in the US was 10.

fact is, adults been fukking children longer than they've had laws prohibiting it

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Hell yea. ASOIAF stands for the origibal books, not the series. Guys in there were going back in forth with spoilers on some

“Wait til they see this brehhh”
“Na, wait for this”
“This is the best part”

I got like 4 spoilers in 3 posts skimmin the thread for 15 seconds.
karen-ok-karen.gif

Complain about book spoilers that been discussed in that thread since 2013 karen brehs

I guess you didn't watch GOT cause Joffrey da goat already spoiled the end of this series :hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean in real life, up until like the 1900s...the age of consent in the US was 10.

fact is, adults been fukking children longer than they've had laws prohibiting it

If R Kelly was around only 50 years earlier he woulda been gucci :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I thought that at first but my feeling has changed over the last couple of episodes. I think he's a king who is comfortable with who and what he is. He doesn't feel the need to be braggadocious and overly flaunty because he's not insecure as king. Even though I'm #daemonset, we all know that nicca would be wilding out if he was the king. Vicerys is comfortable in his power and he has shown that he is willing to call a spade a spade when its time to do so. But when it ain't, he doesn't feel the need to brashly run into conflict to prove he's the king. He is king, he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone.

I fear that's a trait that won't be adopted by whoever takes the throne after him.
Excellent. I was thinking the same thing this episode. We viewed him as weak because of the fukked to groups of kings we’ve seen so far. But the more I watch him the more I respect him.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:picard:

He sent his daughter to seduce the King and manipulated him out of marrying the Velaryons, which would've been an objectively better partnership than to the Hightowers.
He can't force the king to do anything though. He is just a voice on his shoulder
Viserys made all his own choices
Otto is just offering him options that Viserys can ignore

That's what I mean when I say he didn't really do anything wrong to be accused of being unloyal

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If R Kelly was around only 50 years earlier he woulda been gucci :francis:

You still had to marry them or else you would’ve got gutted on a dirty castle floor got disrespecting their honor like ole boy with the big mouth. Only reason why Daemon didn’t take a dirt nap is he’s the king’s brother and it would confirm the rumors in the realm’s eyes.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
These puppeteers had some balls to do a show clowning the royal family like that. Joffrey would’ve had their heads on spikes before the end of the show
Goes to show that regardless of what the royal folks do, their people don't respect them at all :wow:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Viserys is one dimensional, a good guy but incompetent.

See, I'm not sure if he's incompetent or just doesn't like confrontation until he's forced to confront someone( Like this episode ). All plots/schemes, he's aware of but just lets them go on. He knew why Alicent showed up the 1st night of his wife passing. He knew of Otto intentions from the beginning. His cousin said he's not a dumb king.

But I guess in this world Incompetent and soft are one in the same lol.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I don't even know the names of other King's council members, there's that one fella that pops up from time to time to give great advice that's always discarded.
I wondered how the show would handle this aspect, and how much "hand holding" they would do. But they've pretty much went with the approach shows like The Wire have done. Either you caught the name mentioned or made the connection or you didn't, they are moving right along and not stopping to point it out or explain it. It's def a choice. One that I kind of respect, but I can see how others might find it frustrating.

Every one on the council has been mentioned by name.

Rhea was not given any character development at all.

Rhaenyra has absolutely had character development. But the development isn't her growing into what others are telling her she should be, it's her becoming more and more like her uncle, succumbing more and more to his brand of Targaryen exceptionalism, with every episode featuring an escalation of what she tries and succeeds in getting away with. Her taking what she wants, forcing a KG to break his sacred vows, lying about it on her mothers grave, and getting the hand dismissed over it, is development. And even her best friends sees this as something she would not have done in episode 1 when they were gossiping about the loose women in the court and her only sins as a princess were being late and defacing books.

Growth isn't always defined in terms of being one thing one second and something completely different another second, growth can also be defined in terms of the scale of little characteristics that grow from seeds into full grown trees. This is what we've seen from Rhaenyra these first 4 episodes. Wanting to speak in the small council in episode 1 but remaining quiet, to speaking up but getting shut down in the small council and at dinner by her father in episode 2, to calling out her pops on hypocrisy in episode 3, to outright dictating terms to the King regarding the second most powerful man in the realm.

On another note, rejecting advice, rejecting archetypal norms being presented for you to follow, and instead choosing to challenge and step into a different role (for instance, tackling the brothels the way prince's do) is also growth. Growth doesn't mean someone tells you to do something and you do it, forever changed by following their suggestion. Sometimes choosing not to do it shines a brighter light on the tenacity of your resolve and who you are as a character. Being presented with an off ramp but continuing down a path of your own choosing. The lengths Rhaenyra will go, including up to self sabotage, to not fall into the cycle of being locked in a castle pumping out heirs like her mother and stepmother, is development of her character. It's actually a sharp contrast in the development between her and Alicent.

Last edited: