Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if the shows complete lack of obvious villain hurts it. Everyone is shades of grey in this one. The Lannisters were the clear villian from jump and than slowly they started to get humanized. In this show everyone feels like miserable c*nts but not big enough c*nts to make you hate them.
THE SHOW is named House of Dragon..it's looking like the viewer will choose who is the villain.

Not gonna spell it out but it's obvious the show is making this into a ONE SIDE VS THE OTHER SIDE.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I had to fast forward through the sex scenes...

THE JBO ain't in me no mo..the sex scenes became so cumbersome ND feel unnecessary to me now:flabbynsick:
Glad it wasn’t just me. between viscerys, the brothel and her and cole shyt was entirely too long, especially given how much of it was uncomfortable to take in. Zombie :flabbynsick: king hunchin on lil Alicent and disgusting uncle D all on Rhae

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Who could possibly marry Rhaenyra and not see that she's not a virgin anymore now
She seemed pretty experienced with Daemon and Criston this episode
Her dumb lil horny ass slept her way outta marrying whoever she wanted and now has to marry her cousin
She is a Targ and comes with the throne, like Daemon said, no one will dare caring.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wonder if the shows complete lack of obvious villain hurts it. Everyone is shades of grey in this one. The Lannisters were the clear villian from jump and than slowly they started to get humanized. In this show everyone feels like miserable c*nts but not big enough c*nts to make you hate them.

personally, I can deal with a lack of a villain, I just don’t think we’ve had enough complex moments with these characters to really get to know them. Viscerys is decent, but with mideival polio, we know he’s not long for the series. Otto doesn’t get enough moments outside of scheming to see him as more than the ops. daemon is chaos and nothing else. rhae feels like the worst of Dany’s arrogance with none of the spunk/charm of Arya. the hell even happened to rhaenys? :huh: and brehlaryon seems like capitalist trash. I personally don’t like any character nor feel connected to them, nor do I hate anyone either, this show has yet to get me emotionally involved one way or another.

and now I guess I pretty much echo your last sentence, everyone sucks but not enough to really care nor is anyone good enough to fully root for

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
Viserys and his family slights against #Brehlaryon Set

- Viserys took the throne belonging to Rhaenys

- Refused Corlys daughter and marries the daughter of a landless second son

- Only offering Rhaenyra to Laenor when she’s shamed herself

:beli:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Viserys the first half of the season

2vJ1wK@facebook.gif

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The entire show is about a woman being in place to inherit power during an age where women had no power. This is literally the story, from the books, that has been detailed to varying degrees since 1996. Got nothing to do with politics or wokeness. The very first GoT book has a basic accounting on this very story.

This was the best episode of the season IMO. Rhaenyra has been in an odd malaise ever since she shut down Daemon with the dragon. Hasn’t been assertive, lots of moping etc. Finally she has a sense of what she’s up against, who her enemies are and the importance of alliances.

My only complaint is that Otto needs/needed a counter balance. He’s been the only guy scheming, outside of Corlys. With Littlefinger you knew there was Varys on the opposite side of the coin, with major players (Ned, Tyrion, Cersei etc) flipping the coin. Here it’s just Otto and his only opposition is the king who is an idiot. So Otto might as well be playing by himself. He’s a dope character but would be stronger if he was going against a formidable opponent.

True, but GRRM was very subtle about his theme of strong women. All I’m saying is given the director’s commentary, I hope they don’t fukk it up

Episode was underwhelming to me at first watch. I’m going to run it back tomorrow in case I missed something.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Straight out the gate this episode reminded me the most of the Thrones. That little kid reminded me of that btich ass traitor, scum of the Earf, Olly.

And then the dialogue, the sex scenes, the plotting. Even the little spies and shyt.

:blessed:

HBO killing it. This is GAME OF THRONES.

Favourite episode so far.
And the tea? Proves that the Kang loves his daughter and trusts her judgement. Also loves his brother and believes him. At the end of the day....blood ticker than water. Yeah...double entendre.

And to the people talking she ain't a virgin anymore. Mann...everybody wants to be the husband of the queen. As long as her House is strong, they couldn't care less.
Hell...being a rumoured thot, having that dirty mystique on her name might make commoners love her.