Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
People shytting on Otto but he actually gave the King good advice most of the time:

-Getting rid of Daemon... the King's brother will always be a thorn in his side
-Marrying Aegon and Rhaenyra... this is LITERALLY the only way to insure there's no fight for the throne later. Yes he's her younger lil brother but that shyt is nothing to the Targaryens
-Suggesting Laenor and Rhaenyra wed... the king is LITERALLY choosing to do this. :dead:

Viserys moving emotional out here. Otto served one of the GOAT kings. Who is he gonna replace him with? smh. Yes, he wants to get his grandson on the throne but that ship already sailed when Viserys married Alicent and nutted in her multiple times. Viserys created this problem the minute he created a male heir.
Naaaah, Laenor and Rhaenyra is the way to go, the king is counting on his word being law and everyone following suit, in that scenario marrying Lae and Rhae is the best course of action, sure if he could see the future he would do different but right now he doesn't believe Otto would commit treason to see his grandson crowned.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I can’t even see this about woman empowerment because rhaenerya is doing everything under the sun to show she’s not taking her station in life seriously. she’s doing everything to undermine herself and the power she could have. she’s like the world’s first Karen, not willing to put in any work but entitled as all hell. Even Joffrey’s weirdo bytch ass played along with being betrothed as he knew that’s what a king had to do.

she needs to tighten up, stop trying to shyt on everyone throughout the castle, learn the game, call shots from the sideline with her dad, and suck it up and find a husband from a house that can help hold shyt down when people inevitably riot over your ascent to the throne

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People shytting on Otto but he actually gave the King good advice most of the time:

-Getting rid of Daemon... the King's brother will always be a thorn in his side
-Marrying Aegon and Rhaenyra... this is LITERALLY the only way to insure there's no fight for the throne later. Yes he's her younger lil brother but that shyt is nothing to the Targaryens
-Suggesting Laenor and Rhaenyra wed... the king is LITERALLY choosing to do this. :dead:

Viserys moving emotional out here. Otto served one of the GOAT kings. Who is he gonna replace him with? smh. Yes, he wants to get his grandson on the throne but that ship already sailed when Viserys married Alicent and nutted in her multiple times. Viserys created this problem the minute he created a male heir.

I agree that it would make sense to end the conflict but it wouldn’t make sense long term. She’s like 15 and he’s like 2. He’s not gonna want her years later when she looks like she’s old enough to be his aunt. Viserys should’ve got on that polygamy lifestyle earlier when his wife didn’t give him a son. Or had a b*stard. Targs got down like that anyway. He could’ve had one that was aged appropriately to Rhaenyra years ago and married them off. End of the problem.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
She is a Targ and comes with the throne, like Daemon said, no one will dare caring.
Daemon is working his scheme on Viserys
You can't trust the things he's saying all the way and people not caring about her being a maiden is unlikely its just him trying to snow Viserys to give him Rhaenyra
He pulled Rhaenyra's hat off in the brothel so people would see her there with him and whisper

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished, NFL is byke. But this episode was solid not my favorite but I did like how king viserys is trying to have trust in rhae but she keeps fukking it up. Like he said she is his political headache. Looking forward to next week episode. Also they ain't show Corlys this episode but he out making moves to :unimpressed:

Viserys: where's lord Corlys
Daemon: he went back to driftwood
Viserys: :mjpls:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
True, but GRRM was very subtle about his theme of strong women. All I’m saying is given the director’s commentary, I hope they don’t fukk it up

Episode was underwhelming to me at first watch. I’m going to run it back tomorrow in case I missed something.
It’s the same themes though. Dany trying to claim the throne despite being a woman. Arya rejecting the expectation to become a lady. Cersei ruling instead of remarrying and returning to Casterly Rock. Even the stuff in the final season about Dany’s claim to the throne being challenged..it’s the same story. Who cares what the director has to say when you could see with your own eyes how this ties into the same themes that have always existed in Thrones.