Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Just a reminder to any of the show dudes who feel the urge to go back and watch Game of Thrones. In season 3, episode 4, skip the scene where Joffrey is showing Margery around the red keep. He literally spoils the ending to house of the dragon in dialogue. Be careful out there.
Then technically its not a spoiler then....I mean we all saw it...we just didnt get the gist of it nor knew the importance.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Oh yea he definitely had Jon killed because he knew Ned or Robert would take the bait and eventually put 2 and 2 together
Little finger is really a dumbass simp though. It was all about killing Ned and getting Cat.

Jon was already reading the book and figuring shyt out. But if Jon figured it out, the lannisters would be dead and that would be that.

Instead he kills Jon and has Lysa write the letter to Cat so he can line Ned up. Chaos speech was nice and all. But every move he made was for some p*ssy. From start to finish. It was for cat, over cat, or over Sansa

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They did know he went over there though, that's the entire reason why the cavalry showed up with the dragon. He didn't just go straight from receiving the letter to take on the Crabfeeder.

If they talked about planning an ambush by using bait to lure out the Crabfeeder, then suggest Daemon be the one to do it, and then later on you see Daemon using himself as bait to lure the Crabfeeder out into an ambush, why would you assume they weren't following the exact plan they just discussed? They even talked about it being a suicide mission, which explains why Daemon went in thinking he would die.
I said the brehs knew the plan.

I’m not gonna derail the thread. I had a theory. But again. There is no point shown where DAEMON hears the plan. All I’m saying is, I thought HE went in gunning on his own merit based on how it was shot

It’s minor though

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Part of why the dune (and many films) cgi is good is because films have much longe pre and post production times compared to a tv show. I know we consume way more TV these days but TV production is an entirely different beast. Many of these films and tvs share the same sfx company but it doesn't matter, its scheduling and timelines that dictate the quality you get.

I think the problem is that they're overconfident in what they can put on screen. I think the far away shots of the dragons look incredible...but the close up CGI creature effects are not quite as good. They would be better off using CGI for the long distance shots and puppetry, etc for the closeups.

GOT had scenes with a real gigantic bear, you can't tell me they can't find a large deer, color it white, and use camera effects to make it look bigger.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think the problem is that they're overconfident in what they can put on screen. I think the far away shots of the dragons look incredible...but the close up CGI creature effects are not quite as good. They would be better off using CGI for the long distance shots and puppetry, etc for the closeups.

GOT had scenes with a real gigantic bear, you can't tell me they can't find a large deer, color it white, and use camera effects to make it look bigger.
lol @ the PETA brigade letting that happen :dead:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
10/10 so far, haven't missed a step.

I do wonder if HBO underestimated how quickly people would flock back to the franchise, and how popular young Rhaenyra would be. I feel like if they saw this coming they might have taken a CROWN-like approach and just fulfilled a full season with her, before switching to the older version.

I believe you are right, considering they switch actresses so early. I could see her for like two seasons really.
Every time she is on screen, it's going to make the older actress have to work that much harder :russ:
I think in an interview Milly (young RhaeRhae) said that she had not worked with the older actress so :manny:
But as you can see even in this thread, the pain of GOT season 8 still yet lingers. I don't blame HBO for playing it safe :wow:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
ALL THEY HAD TO DO?? :childplease:

breh they had to literally sacrifice someone...no army leader would consider that..let alone find someone crazy enough to go along with it..which is why they waited that long.

Also crabgang kept getting more sellswords and help..and clearly found out a strategy.

Originally the plan looked like to burn them out but crabgang kept getting more sellsswords to fill the caves that it became a battle of attrition.
Breh, I realized awhile ago that some folks watch this on another screen/monitor while doing something else :mjlol:
Only three episodes in and folks have hot takes on events they barely paid attention to:mjlol:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
another funny thing is stanning the brehlaryons just cuz they got brehs playing that family.:mjlol:

i don't trust this nikka either, all skin folk aint kin folk :mjpls:

Folks shouldn't stan a whole family, a child could fukk up (or fukk:picard:) the entire clan. Then what!?
Just pick a few characters and save your sanity:hubie:

Daemon's too gully. Cant front on him anymore. :hubie:

You were frontin on a man who dares sit on another man's throne? :huhldup: