Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Cersei didn't kill Jon Arryn. Little finger had Lysa poison Jon to try and frame the Lannisters

Cersei's dumb ass definitely did cause multiple catastrophies tho:mjlol:

I left him out to keep things brief and it's whole other hornet's nest of things. If there's a legit heir, in the book and show, does Littlefinger even allow Lysa to poison Jon? He wanted chaos:blessed:, and everyone gave him what he needed to cover his ass.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I left him out to keep things brief and it's whole other hornet's nest of things. If there's a legit heir, in the book and show, does Littlefinger even allow Lysa to poison Jon? He wanted chaos:blessed:, and everyone gave him what he needed to cover his ass.
Oh yea he definitely had Jon killed because he knew Ned or Robert would take the bait and eventually put 2 and 2 together

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Any discussion after King Jahaerys (the old king) and before Robert's Rebllion should be considered spoilers.

Because we still don't know how we get to the Mad King..all we know is the nikka was mad and Robert rebelled.

SO stop there.
Seems like an easy rule to abide by so you know people here will ignore it.
naw its dope

but just like the last GoT threads, you got a hot 3 days to enjoy the banter after a new episode drops

after that? people get stupid, loose with spoilers, corny, etc :aicmon: 72 hours. That's it.
I didn’t watch GOT live so I missed out on that thankfully, but it’s mad annoying seeing things get casually spoiled in here. Dudes can’t help themselves so I’m definitely gonna minimize viewing this thread.

Besides that, I agree with the brehs and brehettes who said the pacing is an issue. If there’s that much to cover then why not let things breathe and show it on screen? Nobody is gonna complain about a 5-6 season show if it’s done right.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nobody give a fukk about a critic and their goofy ass attempts to hate and draw clicks to their fukkboi thinkpieces. :camby:
I think I'm starting to hate fandoms and critics alike now :russ:

Like shyt man, just sit and watch. Discussions are great, but when you staring so hard at a screen to see if a nail is crooked, you killing the experience for yourself :manny:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh dragons aren’t the end all be all, in war at the end of the day you need infantry to hold ground and capture strategic locations. Why you think America keeps losing to these goat herders with AKs and sandals. Dragons can’t be everywhere and they can’t fight 24/7

guerilla warfare eliminates the advantages of having super weapons and forces you to slog it out in a painful attritional war. This the exact tactic the crab dude used, staying in the caves removes the dragon air power and forces them to send infantry into a slog where they can get hit from all sides. Plus at night they send out their ships to attack the enemy supply routes.

Crab dude was not a warrior but a tactician/general type.

All these facts is why they had to use that last desperate gambit, by exposing an important leader to capture it drew the crabs grieves away from the safety of the caves and even then it was close, he kept checking the skies every time. Only at the last moment was he fully committed that they were able to spring the trap, and it made sense for him to risk it too because if they captured Daemon then they win the war because they have a royal hostage.

I’m just speaking about Dorne. They won because GRRM wanted them to win. Logically, it doesn’t make sense. To use an example and I’m only using ancient wars, when Athens fought Sparta, they burned their crops. Sparta still tried to fight. Then Athens blocked any boats from delivering any goods to them. Sparta surrendered because they knew they would starve. Now let’s apply that here and see how that makes sense based on what we know from the show. Dorne is a desert, meaning they can’t grow that much food compared to the Reach. They probably have some small farming but will mostly have to import from elsewhere in Westeros and from boats from across the Narrow Sea. This series shows us that Aegon had three very powerful dragons that could’ve burned every single village/market/supply line that Dorne had. This series also shows us that the Velaryons have the largest fleet of ships in the world and using basic common sense would have stopped any ships from coming to deliver anything to Dorne. This is a hypothetical so it’s pointless to argue but it’s hard studying ancient battles and seeing how they won but, seeing GRRM not have his characters do the obvious thing. The Valyrians boiled every town in the Rhoyne and destroyed the fields in Ghis to stop them from being able to survive so he understands this logic when he wants to but he made Aegon stupid in this scenario.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like an easy rule to abide by so you know people here will ignore it.

I didn’t watch GOT live so I missed out on that thankfully, but it’s mad annoying seeing things get casually spoiled in here. Dudes can’t help themselves so I’m definitely gonna minimize viewing this thread.

Besides that, I agree with the brehs and brehettes who said the pacing is an issue. If there’s that much to cover then why not let things breathe and show it on screen? Nobody is gonna complain about a 5-6 season show if it’s done right.

They are jumping all over the place and mixing up ages and relationships. It’s not necessarily following the book anymore

Daps
Dany lost for listening to Tyrion :francis:

Breh was just trying to protect his family telling her not to attack. Dany should’ve recused him for being too connected. Daemon would’ve attacked Kings Landing in a heartbeat and lit that bytch up :pachaha:

Yep. In hindsight, that was a terrible move for her to not go straight to Kings Landing. 3 dragons and a full military and she would have taken the city within a day and then it would have just been a matter of putting down rebellions in the north (looking at YOU, Starkset :ufdup:). But the question then becomes if she takes over Kings Landing, and a Westeros civil war starts while the dead right there at the front door, do they get it together in time to throw down with the Night King?
More than likely not. :jbhmm:

Daps
Breh didn't give one single detail. Just said it gets crazy.

Did y'all think things would tone down from here?

Dude. This is GOT. main characters die. Maybe I didn't want to know that [name redacted] survives. Maybe I wanted to feel the stakes when their life in danger and feel like that person could die. But not now, cause dumbasses like you spoiled the thread, telling us that their arc gets "crazy". You took that from us.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Just a reminder to any of the show dudes who feel the urge to go back and watch Game of Thrones. In season 3, episode 4, skip the scene where Joffrey is showing Margery around the red keep. He literally spoils the ending to house of the dragon in dialogue. Be careful out there.