Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

THE CGI HAS BEEN TRASH
ALL SEASON.

I THINK ITS THE 4K EFFECT THOUGH.

I BET THE OG WAS JUST AS MID
BUT IT WASNT IN 4K SO IT
DIDNT STICK OUT AS MUCH.

:devil:
:evil:

Whoever did the CGI on Dune needs to work on this show. But their price probably high especially winning an Oscar.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps

Whoever did the CGI on Dune needs to work on this show. But their price probably high especially winning an Oscar.
Part of why the dune (and many films) cgi is good is because films have much longe pre and post production times compared to a tv show. I know we consume way more TV these days but TV production is an entirely different beast. Many of these films and tvs share the same sfx company but it doesn't matter, its scheduling and timelines that dictate the quality you get.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If folks coming to take over your shyt but they never succeed then thats a win for you no matter what you had to do to get it. Dorne don’t give a fukk about style points.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken isnt only House Martell’s words but the whole kingdom of Dorne.

Hell they dropped Rheynara and her dragon. Made Aegon change up his whole strategy when it came to unleashing dragons. Dorne did a lot more than just hide in caves.

:pachaha:

55-DC374-B-7-B7-F-4-FB2-ADB2-CF295312-D8-A8.gif

Jokes aside….I agree.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka you don't get to pick and choose what counts :mjlol: how dare the Dornish use their terrain to their advantage huh?:mjlol:did the Dornish kill a dragon or not?

Based off your reasoning anybody could say you don't get points for using dragons

Even though I don’t like her, I respect Cersei gangsta a little bit more breh.

Dorne got one I guess. It just reminds me of Sparta in real life where they talked tough to Macedon but, if Macedon really wanted to squash them they would have. It just wasn’t worth it. GRRM wrote Aegon in a way that he still wanted to rule Dorne after the conquest was over. But in real life, if they really killed a Queen, he would’ve went total war on them and burned every castle, village and field of crops down there. And blocked the harbors. It makes no sense that he didn’t.

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though I don’t like her, I respect Cersei gangsta a little bit more breh.

Dorne got one I guess. It just reminds me of Sparta in real life where they talked tough to Macedon but, if Macedon really wanted to squash them they would have. It just wasn’t worth it. GRRM wrote Aegon in a way that he still wanted to rule Dorne after the conquest was over. But in real life, if they really killed a Queen, he would’ve went total war on them and burned every castle, village and field of crops down there. And blocked the harbors. It makes no sense that he didn’t.

Breh dragons aren’t the end all be all, in war at the end of the day you need infantry to hold ground and capture strategic locations. Why you think America keeps losing to these goat herders with AKs and sandals. Dragons can’t be everywhere and they can’t fight 24/7

guerilla warfare eliminates the advantages of having super weapons and forces you to slog it out in a painful attritional war. This the exact tactic the crab dude used, staying in the caves removes the dragon air power and forces them to send infantry into a slog where they can get hit from all sides. Plus at night they send out their ships to attack the enemy supply routes.

Crab dude was not a warrior but a tactician/general type.

All these facts is why they had to use that last desperate gambit, by exposing an important leader to capture it drew the crabs grieves away from the safety of the caves and even then it was close, he kept checking the skies every time. Only at the last moment was he fully committed that they were able to spring the trap, and it made sense for him to risk it too because if they captured Daemon then they win the war because they have a royal hostage.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Breh dragons aren’t the end all be all, in war at the end of the day you need infantry to hold ground and capture strategic locations. Why you think America keeps losing to these goat herders with AKs and sandals. Dragons can’t be everywhere and they can’t fight 24/7

guerilla warfare eliminates the advantages of having super weapons and forces you to slog it out in a painful attritional war. This the exact tactic the crab dude used, staying in the caves removes the dragon air power and forces them to send infantry into a slog where they can get hit from all sides. Plus at night they send out their ships to attack the enemy supply routes.

Crab dude was not a warrior but a tactician/general type.

All these facts is why they had to use that last desperate gambit, by exposing an important leader to capture it drew the crabs grieves away from the safety of the caves and even then it was close, he kept checking the skies every time. Only at the last moment was he fully committed that they were able to spring the trap, and it made sense for him to risk it too because if they captured Daemon then they win the war because they have a royal hostage.
I dont know how folks aint able to figure this out. Im enjoying the hell outta this show.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He took over the islands by defeating the pirates there, so he was definitely a formidable enough figure who logically gained the favor of the Triarchy. But I agree that the buildup didn't match the results. Just weird to have two episodes where he's talked about like a major threat, end the second ep with a foreboding shot of him, reveal in the third ep that the war has dragged on for a couple years...and then have him immediately killed in like 5 minutes on some cartoon villain shyt.

Maybe they felt like him being a weird mute/leper made more sense, or that giving him dialogue/scenes would needlessly build him up even more. Either way I thought it was pretty meh to dispose him like that.
Pirates were kind of tolerated in history. Some even got used by the government against other governments.

Coryls’ was looking out for his pockets. Crabfeeder could have gotten out of control of his backers but the war was basically one of choice. Viserys was right about that but the longer the battle went on, the more of the realm was gaining notice( the women gossiping).

If Crabfeeder had beaten one of the realms strongest Navy it could have spiraled further out of control.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Breh Aegon took Westeros with just three dragons, his two sisters and no army :russ:

Cersei got lucky because Dany wasn’t expecting the crossbow but, afterwards they never caught her slipping again, and she torched that city DOLO. Torched all them cross bows too :umad: Cersei is lucky the Night King killed Viserion because if Dany had two dragons instead of one it would’ve been super ugly. Also, Cersei dumb ass brother Tyrion convinced Dany not to attack earlier which gave Cersei the opportunity to create crossbows in the first place. If Dany attacked KL the moment she came over, it would’ve been a wrap as well. Tyrion really was the WOAT hand.
Wrong AEGON had an army.....let's goto the book thread if you want this discussion

And you may want to read up on his 2 sister wives :usure:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:i got Season 6-8 plot armor vibes. Battle of the b*stards was dope on first viewing but it really was the beginning of the end, a sign of things to come in later seasons of GoT.

What's dope about GoT in the books and the earlier seasons was the realism and main character's will die if they do something dumb, ex Ned Stark, Robert Stark. What Daemon did was dumb and he survived somehow

Yeah and it’s wild cuz everyone is celebrating it. Not realizing it’s what led to the stuff they hated in GoT.

It is what it is. Now we can move on past the Crab breh and back to the build up of the Targ civil war

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You ain't fukking with it? I was about to start :lupe:
naw its dope

but just like the last GoT threads, you got a hot 3 days to enjoy the banter after a new episode drops

after that? people get stupid, loose with spoilers, corny, etc :aicmon: 72 hours. That's it.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man Cersei was talking a whole lot of shyt before Tywin was like, "Hold up lil bytch. I got something for you too :sas1: ." :russ:

And when you think about it, had Cersei just sucked up her hurt after Robert called out a dead woman's name :mjlol: , given Robert two male heirs, she probably could have done whatever she wanted, and the events of GOT wouldn't have played out. Ned never would have went to King's Landing because John Arryn wouldn't have had anything to worry about, that caused his death. All of the Starks would be alive. Theon would probably still be alive. Everything with Jon would still happen because he still goes to the wall, and Benjen goes missing. Stannis and Renley would probably still be alive.
Cersei didn't kill Jon Arryn. Little finger had Lysa poison Jon to try and frame the Lannisters

Cersei's dumb ass definitely did cause multiple catastrophies tho:mjlol: