Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Regarding the time skip

The show risks viewers falling sour on the actresses portraying the older versions.

Like atleast me I'm getting attached to Rhaneyra and the actress who plays her.

It's gonna suck as the older actress will be compared to the younger and People..or rather I will have to get reattached to the older actress.

I don't know when another time skip.happens but from the trailers it.looks like they have 2 actresses playing rhaenrya.:mjcry:
It was definitely known about the younger/older versions during marketing of the show, as they advertised Emma D'Arcy as the lead. I didn't follow much of the buildup as I usually do but my Wife was already excited when she heard about Emma - but even she realized she wasn't prepared to also really like Milly, lol.

Same will go for Alicent but I don't think anyone will care as much for that switch. It will be interesting to see how they navigate the feedback, Emma especially, once the comparisons go rampant online.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It was definitely known about the younger/older versions during marketing of the show, as they advertised Emma D'Arcy as the lead. I didn't follow much of the buildup as I usually do but my Wife was already excited when she heard about Emma - but even she realized she wasn't prepared to also really like Milly, lol.

Same will go for Alicent but I don't think anyone will care as much for that switch. It will be interesting to see how they navigate the feedback, Emma especially, once the comparisons go rampant online.
True

People will still watch ...was just a thought.

I’m just speaking about Dorne. They won because GRRM wanted them to win. Logically, it doesn’t make sense. To use an example and I’m only using ancient wars, when Athens fought Sparta, they burned their crops. Sparta still tried to fight. Then Athens blocked any boats from delivering any goods to them. Sparta surrendered because they knew they would starve. Now let’s apply that here and see how that makes sense based on what we know from the show. Dorne is a desert, meaning they can’t grow that much food compared to the Reach. They probably have some small farming but will mostly have to import from elsewhere in Westeros and from boats from across the Narrow Sea. This series shows us that Aegon had three very powerful dragons that could’ve burned every single village/market/supply line that Dorne had. This series also shows us that the Velaryons have the largest fleet of ships in the world and using basic common sense would have stopped any ships from coming to deliver anything to Dorne. This is a hypothetical so it’s pointless to argue but it’s hard studying ancient battles and seeing how they won but, seeing GRRM not have his characters do the obvious thing. The Valyrians boiled every town in the Rhoyne and destroyed the fields in Ghis to stop them from being able to survive so he understands this logic when he wants to but he made Aegon stupid in this scenario.
Brehnit makes perfect sense

Why would Aegon burn the place he wants to conquer? Go scorch earth on a place he is rying To win goodwill over? Hypothetical supply lines? Breh in IRAQ they had crops..they had a hanging garden which apparently was a Great Wonder of the World once. You can have crops in desert...

There is also something that happened in fire and Blood that goes into what happened ad to why Aegon did what he did regarding DORNE ..they had quite a few tactics they used...so I'll just stop right there.

Is AEGONS CONQUEST OFF LIMITS ?

You're one of them brehs who thinks too logically sometimes about a show or movie and can't just "let it go" for 2 hours it seems :pachaha:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I said the brehs knew the plan.

I’m not gonna derail the thread. I had a theory. But again. There is no point shown where DAEMON hears the plan. All I’m saying is, I thought HE went in gunning on his own merit based on how it was shot

It’s minor though
I did too...

It could go either way..they could've told him during the cutscene perhaps.

This show I feel like is rushing through certain. It's like they filmed this wanting to rush through certain shyt because they were perhaps going through filming at that time that the show was still in limbo of getting a full season or something.

Perhaps now they know fans fukk with the show and they can drag shyt out longer and maybe make this a season longer than what they intended.

That episode was like Seasons 6-8 of the OG where shyt was speedy like Gonzalez with the time cuts.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I remember a breh on here said they were watching a random YouTube video that had nothing to do with GoT and some moron in the comments spoiled the Red Wedding for him.
SMH folks do it for fun and it makes me wish we had some baseline ethics damnit :damn:

Dodge the internet only to be screwed by an overzealous fan in the office :damn:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps now they know fans fukk with the show and they can drag shyt out longer and maybe make this a season longer than what they intended.
This might be spoilers (from cast interviews and previews!!!)

But they jump to the adult versions in episode 5 and go from there for the rest of the series, so they really don’t have the time this season. Maybe season 2 might slow down.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
For everyone mad at the time jumps, at least we’ll have age appropriate actors this time and not have to worry about them aging out of their character while we have to pretend a 6’4” bran is supposed to be 13 and shyt…
People will always find a way to get mad :manny: they can always bring the young actress back for flashback scenes or episodes specially now since the show is a hit and they probably going to put stuff into it extend the coming seasons.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
For everyone mad at the time jumps, at least we’ll have age appropriate actors this time and not have to worry about them aging out of their character while we have to pretend a 6’4” bran is supposed to be 13 and shyt…

Had Bran sitting in a fukking cart with them long fukking legs looking silly as shyt :mjlol: