Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the time of Game Of Thrones dragons had been extinct for 200 years. Nikkas wasn't ready

When Qyburn dug up old books and had them big ass crossbows built the odds evened out some. We forgetting that Bronn almost killed Drogon? Viserion sitting at the bottom of the ocean?

Dany burning Kings landing is irrelevant. That was a city full of civilians. Are we also forgetting that Dany pulled up with an army 100k deep??? That's what won her the war. That's why she spent years trying to build an army then sailed them nikkas across the world. If dragons are a win button why bother with any of that?

Dragons are a terrifying weapon, but thinking they're a win button is how them nikkas got caught slipping in Dorne during the conquest

Look at how fast nikkas we're able to adjust to Dany's dragons on such short notice. A little more time and a strategic enough mind and Drogon could've been a bodybag too

Breh Aegon took Westeros with just three dragons, his two sisters and no army :russ:

Cersei got lucky because Dany wasn’t expecting the crossbow but, afterwards they never caught her slipping again, and she torched that city DOLO. Torched all them cross bows too :umad: Cersei is lucky the Night King killed Viserion because if Dany had two dragons instead of one it would’ve been super ugly. Also, Cersei dumb ass brother Tyrion convinced Dany not to attack earlier which gave Cersei the opportunity to create crossbows in the first place. If Dany attacked KL the moment she came over, it would’ve been a wrap as well. Tyrion really was the WOAT hand.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
What!? You got questions about how a nikka who can’t fight and ducks the fade by hiding in caves has managed to amass a following and take out well equipped, brehlaryon ships for years on end!? My dude, it’s implied! :troll:
It's not even implied, it's directly explained.

In the first episode Corlys tells the king that Lys, Myr and Tyrosh formed an alliance, named themselves the Triarchy, and are using the Crabfeeder to clear out the pirates from the shipping lanes. In the second episode Corlys explains to Daemon how essential the shipping lanes are for his house to make money. With the Triarchy now controlling the shipping lanes they're the ones raking in all that profit. In episode 3 it was explained that they are constantly bringing in sell swords to keep the Crabfeeder supplied with troops.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's not even implied, it's directly explained.

In the first episode Corlys tells the king that Lys, Myr and Tyrosh formed an alliance, named themselves the Triarchy, and are using the Crabfeeder to clear out the pirates from the shipping lanes. In the second episode Corlys explains to Daemon how essential the shipping lanes are for his house to make money. With the Triarchy now controlling the shipping lanes they're the ones raking in all that profit. In episode 3 it was explained that they are constantly bringing in sell swords to keep the Crabfeeder supplied with troops.
Right, and none of that explains why it was the crab feeder to be supplied or put in charge, they treated him like a final boss, but apparently he was a jobber, he didn’t come across as a dude you’d put these resources behind and if he’s intentionally not that guy, then I’m even more interested as to why the three cities backed him.

running with what someone already dropped, if this was just a plot point for daemon to gain admiration, the crabfeeder on screen doesn’t seem like a battle or nemesis that brings clout.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Aegon took Westeros with just three dragons, his two sisters and no army :russ:

Cersei got lucky because Dany wasn’t expecting the crossbow but, afterwards they never caught her slipping again, and she torched that city DOLO. Torched all them cross bows too :umad: Cersei is lucky the Night King killed Viserion because if Dany had two dragons instead of one it would’ve been super ugly. Also, Cersei dumb ass brother Tyrion convinced Dany not to attack earlier which gave Cersei the opportunity to create crossbows in the first place. If Dany attacked KL the moment she came over, it would’ve been a wrap as well. Tyrion really was the WOAT hand.
Again y'all seem to keep forgetting one of Aegon's sisters pulled up in Dorne with a dragon and never left. After that Aegon was :whoa: on recklessly pullin up everywhere with Balerion. He used SOLDIERS

The point in my last response is Dragons are a powerful weapon, but they ain't a win button. Especially if you carrying on like you can't get caught slippin

Dany had 3 dragons. Then she had one. And now she's fukkin dead :manny: . And that's without Tywin Lannister

The Targaryens had a fleet of dragons and lost every single one. And they stayed dead for 200 years:manny:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Right, and none of that explains why it was the crab feeder to be supplied or put in charge, they treated him like a final boss, but apparently he was a jobber, he didn’t come across as a dude you’d put these resources behind and if he’s intentionally not that guy, then I’m even more interested as to why the three cities backed him.

running with what someone already dropped, if this was just a plot point for daemon to gain admiration, the crabfeeder on screen doesn’t seem like a battle or nemesis that brings clout.
:yeshrug:

He is referred to as a Prince. He could be a royal from one of the Triarchy cities. My assumption was that he was one of the pirates in the area the Triarchy cut a deal with to clear out the rest of the pirates, but I don't really know. I don't think it really matters why they backed him.

I think you're too focused on the one man. I think making a suicide run and overcoming impossible odds would gain anybody clout, regardless if it was Tywin or Tommen who lead the enemy troops into battle. Killing the Crabfeeder isn't the win, gaining advantage in the war against the Triarchy is the win. Without leadership the Velaryons should be able to wrestle back the Stepstones from them now, which is huge.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:yeshrug:

He is referred to as a Prince. He could be a royal from one of the Triarchy cities. My assumption was that he was one of the pirates in the area the Triarchy cut a deal with to clear out the rest of the pirates, but I don't really know. I don't think it really matters why they backed him.

I think you're too focused on the one man. I think making a suicide run and overcoming impossible odds would gain anybody clout, regardless if it was Tywin or Tommen who lead the enemy troops into battle. Killing the Crabfeeder isn't the win, gaining advantage in the war against the Triarchy is the win. Without leadership the Velaryons should be able to wrestle back the Stepstones from them now, which is huge.
I can accept this, but I also don’t think they’ve positioned it as a such. this conflict feels like a night messing up Brehlaryon’s paper who had to be dealt with using Daemon, the clout he has as a fights and his men

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again y'all seem to keep forgetting one of Aegon's sisters pulled up in Dorne with a dragon and never left. After that Aegon was :whoa: on recklessly pullin up everywhere with Balerion. He used SOLDIERS

The point in my last response is Dragons are a powerful weapon, but they ain't a win button. Especially if you carrying on like you can't get caught slippin

Dany had 3 dragons. Then she had one. And now she's fukkin dead :manny: . And that's without Tywin Lannister

The Targaryens had a fleet of dragons and lost every single one. And they stayed dead for 200 years:manny:

Dorne got caves. You gets no points for hiding in caves, and then acting like you won when people get bored and leave :pachaha:

Aegon just wasn’t creative enough.

When the Reynes and Tarbecks hid in their caves and mines, Tywin sealed them jawns shut and drowned them. I’m not saying Aegon should’ve done similar but, I’m saying I would’ve understood :manny:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I can accept this, but I also don’t think they’ve positioned it as a such. this conflict feels like a night messing up Brehlaryon’s paper who had to be dealt with using Daemon, the clout he has as a fights and his men
You say that, but I was able to pick it up pretty easily.

On screen all you really see is the Crabfeeder and nothing of the Triarchy, so I guess that could lead some to think that he's a one man show, but all of the exposition around the war is about the Triarchy. Even at the beginning of episode 3 the guy who gets stopped out by Daemon's dragon says "The Sea Snake is going to kill you Triarchy c*nts." Viserys whole reason for not wanting to do anything about it in the beginning is because he doesn't want to enter open war with the free cities. He even said he was sending envoys to one of the cities try to find a diplomatic solution, which would make no sense if the Crabfeeder was working alone. Seems like they laid it out pretty clear to me :yeshrug:

I guess if you're not paying close attention to what the characters are saying you could miss some of these things.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think you misunderstood the behind the scenes if that's what you took from it. The purpose of having the scene where they discuss the plans is so you are aware it was planned. They didn't plan for a grand rescue for Daemon, the entire point was the person used as bait would most likely die. It was a suicide mission that no one would ever sign up for, but his pride after reading the letter put him in a position where he was willing to do it.

The BTS explained that they were trying to show how hopeless the situation was and how he actually should have died but got lucky. They even point out that surviving the suicide run is what is going to give him the reputation as a fearless warrior afterwards. The entire point is that he overcame the impossible odds.
I just rewatched the inside the show… I guess it could be taken either way.

I agree WE know the plan. I agree the Brehlaryons know the plan. The only part I’m wondering is if Daemon knew the plan. They hint that he’s going there to die. They say he’d never have lived if the Calvary didn’t come save him. They say he should have died long before he got as far as he did…..

So that coupled with him still being airborne when they went over the plan, him walking away without saying a word, and nobody knowing he even went over there…. It just leads me to believe he wasn’t going in there awaiting backup.

I accept that I could be seeing this extremely wrong. Those behind the scenes shyt always TELL me something that wasn’t remotely definitive by only watching the show. Maybe they’ll go in on it next week

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Fatboi DMs the king like "Ay, lemme put in my two cents mi lord"

Viserys is like "fukk out my mentions" :childplease:
He’s the Ned Stark with a mix of Vary’s, of this show. Hasn’t shown one bit of talking or doing for self. Loyal as hell to his king. And every line delivered is for the best of the realm. Not even for his house or the Targ house. But what will keep the realm most happy and peaceful.