Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know the full story, but I suspect the time jumps are necessary for a reason, we havent even touched the main storyline yet. From what Ive read, while avoiding spoilers, they have several seasons worth of material once the we hit the real time of the story they are telling. I think by the end of the season the time jumps will be an afterthought

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I don't think people are grasping why Daemon was so upset at the letter. It wasn't about wanting his brother's aid and it coming too late, it was about carving out something for himself as a second son. What good was that whole ordeal if Viserys, his big bro, just swoops in and steals the dub from him?

It's pride. Consistent with how he's acted in some scenes beforehand like when he was knocked to the ground by Criston Cole and he refused to be helped up by him. He don't want that shyt. He doesn't want help. He wants to do shyt himself. This was his war.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
All good brehs, I’m calling it how I see it :salute:
Tywin Lannister was litteraly a GOAT tier leader.
The only big mistake he made, was not seeing Tyrion as his true heir. I hated them Lannisters, but they could’ve had an insane dynasty lmao
Tywin knew EXACTLY who he was and with the exception of Tywin, he knew exactly who his children were.

Tywin flooded the show with quotables.
“I don’t distrust you because you’re a woman,
I distrust you because you’re not as smart as you THINK you are”
at Cersei :whew:
“Explain to me why it’s more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle, than a dozen at dinner” :wow:
“Do you REALLY think the crown gives you power”
*proceeds to send Joffrey, the KING to his room*
You could put his quotables on beats and drop a 5 mic album lmao

Lady Olenna was another GOAT tier leader.
"Cersei stole the future from me. She killed my son. She killed my grandson. She killed my granddaughter. Survival is not what I'm after now."
*proceeds to kill Joffrey in PLAIN SIGHT without ANYONE knowing*
And when it’s time for her to die.
Olenna tells Jaimy to his face “Joffrey was a c*nt”
and that she killed his child
“Tell Cersei, I want her to know it was ME”
and dies on her OWN terms by commiting that :ohlawd:

Bless her heart, Lady Olenna kept it solid till the end :to:

Tywin and Olenna were MILES ahead of the others in terms of leadership. True OG’s

nikka you bout to make me que up the whole series again just for the Tywin piff. Definitely my favorite character in the whole series and I claim #TargSet. But Tywin always welcomed at the table.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Brehlaryons were discussing needing to draw the crabs out and sacrificing someone was the best way to do it

the uncle brought up Daemon and Corlys & his son were against it but obviously after the letter Viserys sent...Daemon realized that's what needed to be done to win the war
No.. That's not what happened. According to behind the scenes, Daemon had no clue about the plan. Obviously cause he was on the dragon while they were talking about it and nowhere close to hearing it...

He went out there because he knew the King was going to win the war. So he was going to go out there and win it himself or die trying. He was definitely dead if they didn't show up and the showrunners made it a point to say so

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. And Game of Thrones didn’t go into all the detail y’all swear they did either.
That's not true. Even without going as deep as the books the show still went into a ton of detail and lore

The thing is a lot of nikkas didn't pick up as much detail as they thought they did. It's a matter of how much you want to retain vs dismiss.

Nikkas know damn near all of Roberts Rebellion from show dialogue alone. Hell there are spoilers for House Of The Dragon IN Game Of Thrones dialogue :mjlol:

This is why the prequels might've been a mistake because nikkas wanna discuss the show but got a knife in their hand ready to snap at the first hint that they might be getting spoiled:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pacing :russ:

I never in my life talked about the pacing of a show I was watching

You muthafukkers are really on some Siskel and Ebert shyt in here

Pacing :mjlol:
You're in the sub forum of a hip hop message board discussing a TV show and surprised that nikkas are criticizing writing techniques. Do you realize how much you have to give a fukk about something to post on a message board in 2022?

Nikkas that discuss shows at depth online tend to care about things like pacing, dialogue, character development, etc. Nobody's saying you have to but acting too cool about it is ridiculous :mjlol:

This has always been a big division with Game Of Thrones fanbases. The nikkas that only care about dragons and fukkery dismissing the nikkas that care about the minor details, but these shows and books were written with unprecedented levels of detail that were meant to be dissected.

You can't be mad at nikkas for chewing their steak more than you chew yours

Last edited:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
viserys is my favorite character because of how flawed and frustrating he is. like i like watching characters get put through the wringer because it makes it more entertaining for me, the audience. Viserys has had a lot of standout moments for me.

"MY WIFE AND SON ARE DEAD" :damn:

"My family has just been destroyed. But instead of being by my side, or Rhaenyra’s, YOU CHOSE TO CELEBRATE YOUR OWN RISE! LAUGHING WITH YOUR WHORES AND YOUR LICKSPITTLES!" :damn:

"My obsession killed Rhaenyra's mother" :mjcry:

such a tragic figure. I love those in film/tv

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
That's not true. Even without going as deep as the books the show still went into a ton of detail and lore

The thing is a lot of nikkas didn't pick up as much detail as they thought they did. It's a matter of how much you want to retain vs dismiss.

Nikkas know damn near all of Roberts Rebellion from show dialogue alone. Hell there are spoilers for House Of The Dragon IN Game Of Thrones dialogue :mjlol:

This is why the prequels might've been a mistake because nikkas wanna discuss the show but got a knife in their hand ready to snap at the first hint that they might be getting spoiled:russ:
Yeah by the way this thread kicked off about the spoilers you can tell a lot of casual show fans don't remember none of the historical names dropped in GOT
Its still a spoiler though just because the show is going for a definitive history