Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
No, the whole point was he's this all powerful man but can't even control what's going on in his own house. What sense would it make for Tywin knowingly let them do that?
Fair, again, i always assumed it was something he didn’t want to believe and there wasn’t really anyone that would check him on it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The time jumps, while necessary to get the plot where it needs to be later on, are starting to hurt the show IMO. I feel like the Aegon stuff could have easily been an episode 4 event. Cutting from Rhaenyra realizing her best friend has supplanted her to suddenly showing Alicent well into her second pregnancy just feels like it's hurting development to me. The third episode could have been the confrontation between the two friends, the wedding, Otto revealing the next phase of his plot, and just as importantly...setting the stage for the prolonged Stepstones war. Viewers who are coming off GoT are probably wondering why that would take years, when they had two dragons. Sure they discuss how the crab feeder's men hide in the caves but I don't think that was good enough. Certainly not when this guy has been discussed for two episodes. Cutting to the end of the war, not seeing his tactics on display or getting a sense of his competence hurt the stakes of that scene IMO.

There's also an issue with nearly every scene featuring the same characters, in the same setting, back to back to back. In this episode they at least were outside of the Red Keep for most of it, but most of the scenes were either in that pavilion or Rhae and Cole at a camp ground. Speaking of Cole...this is his first scene with the princess since she named him to the KG. He's an important character, and I'm baffled they didn't even try to give him his own scenes. Maybe a scene in the last ep where he moved into the White Sword Tower, which is where the Kings Guard live/train. In yesterday's episode he mentioned that Rhaennra added his name to the White Book. That could have been an interesting scene. Maybe a sparring match with a KG member to show that he's not on their level yet. Point being...scenes to build him up as a character and to get out of the same couple rooms most scenes are shot in.

I like the show, I'm just think some changes need to be made. While the show/book is mainly about a handful of characters, there are a lot of opportunities to spread things out and get people invested in characters. At this point I'm not sure people know the names of anyone on the Small Council outside of Otto and Corlys.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Khaleesi touched jorah hand when he had rock aids and didn't get it
Breh I'm howling here :laff:

Appreciate the back and forth comments in here about the 3 year battle - it makes it easier to digest now as to why Daemon and Co. wouldn't have done this sooner (was technically a suicide mission too). I can understand the stalemate going on better also.

Time jumps are always tough no matter what, as many times it just feels like the next day - with a few references here and there about how many years past (Walking Dead did the 6 year jump but having the older Judith Grimes debut made it easier)

Will be interesting to see what happens with Milly given her success in this role. With S2 picked up now I wonder if they will do any flashbacks. Probably already getting offers for other things now anyway.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We just watched another version of this series where 1 Dragon on it's own burned an entire city down along with it's military in the space of a day :mjlol:

They damn sure ARE win-buttons.

They have two fire breathing dragons that can burn everything down.

This aint no damn conventional war :comeon:

We watched Danary's wipe out an entire City in under a day
At the time of Game Of Thrones dragons had been extinct for 200 years. Nikkas wasn't ready

When Qyburn dug up old books and had them big ass crossbows built the odds evened out some. We forgetting that Bronn almost killed Drogon? Viserion sitting at the bottom of the ocean?

Dany burning Kings landing is irrelevant. That was a city full of civilians. Are we also forgetting that Dany pulled up with an army 100k deep??? That's what won her the war. That's why she spent years trying to build an army then sailed them nikkas across the world. If dragons are a win button why bother with any of that?

Dragons are a terrifying weapon, but thinking they're a win button is how them nikkas got caught slipping in Dorne during the conquest

Look at how fast nikkas we're able to adjust to Dany's dragons on such short notice. A little more time and a strategic enough mind and Drogon could've been a bodybag too

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What bad CGI are people talking about??

:heh:

This is always a huge talking point in The Film Room

I don’t know what the hell ya’ll talkin bout

DO YOU HAVE A LARGE 4K TV?

DO YOU WATCH THE SHOW IN 1080P,
PC, LAPTOP OR SMART PHONE?

shytTY CGI STICKS OUT
LIKE A SORE THUMB IN 4K.

MUCH EASIER TO BLEND IN
WITH LOWER RESOLUTIONS.
:devil:
:evil:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

DO YOU HAVE A LARGE 4K TV?

DO YOU WATCH THE SHOW IN 1080P,
PC, LAPTOP OR SMART PHONE?

I have a large 4ktv people mentioned the deer at the end I forgot about that it did look kinda weird but I don’t care about that kinda shyt

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yes they did, it's the reason some weirdos called the show boring and D&D over compensated with action in the last 2 seasons...my nikka, we spent every episode with longs walks in the garden and other scenes just for dialogue to play out and character development to build. lol @ let's just surmise, well duh, but at the same time we surmised margery and olenna were cunning and yet they still gave us scenes where we saw them plotting by getting info from sansa, margery strolling through flea bottom and playing savage with joffreys cross bow, that's the type of detail i enjoyed. not season 7/8 "it's implied". HOD literally could've built in one episode between the last and this and it would've paced a lot better

:camby:

YEP

THESE A.D.D. SEASON 8 ASS nikkaS.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Man Cersei was talking a whole lot of shyt before Tywin was like, "Hold up lil bytch. I got something for you too :sas1: ." :russ:

And when you think about it, had Cersei just sucked up her hurt after Robert called out a dead woman's name :mjlol: , given Robert two male heirs, she probably could have done whatever she wanted, and the events of GOT wouldn't have played out. Ned never would have went to King's Landing because John Arryn wouldn't have had anything to worry about, that caused his death. All of the Starks would be alive. Theon would probably still be alive. Everything with Jon would still happen because he still goes to the wall, and Benjen goes missing. Stannis and Renley would probably still be alive.
cersei really ruined everything lol